Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Naga Neram

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    serial breaks-even, in terms of commerce, before it is 26 weeks old..........therefore.......a minimum of a year has become mandatory...........(This applies to dailies too)
    Naga sir
    Can u throw some light on the break-even that you talk about !?
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber Naaga's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bingleguy
    Can u throw some light on the break-even that you talk about !?
    In terms of production.......we need to have the episodes produced in advance.........that is......a minimum of 6 episodes for the weeklies and 20 episodes for the dailies should be there in hand to start with (and then on at any given time), to cover up for any eventuality.......(example......the film industry went on a three month strike when 'vidathu karuppu' was on air)

That means money locked up.........say, at the rate of Rs.1,00,000/- it is roughly Rs.6L for weeklies and Rs.20L for the dailies.........

The revenue generated from the advertisements will reach only after a credit period of 90 days from the day of telecast............so additional money has to be invested to cover up for the waiting period (episodes to be procured........)

That is a minimum of 14 episodes for weeklies and around 65 episodes for dailies have to be produced before one starts getting back the money.........

Again, the initial investment will be high.......as we need to prepare sets and procure properties that will last over the entire serial......(in Ragasiyam: the box, tanker lorry, etc., in Karuppu: the sword, caves, karuppu samy temple, etc., in Rudraveenai: the veenai, the wells, the temple, etc., in CR: The olai chuvadis, the Neithal office, Meteorological dept., etc.,................plus the title grafx and music.) All this mean that the money locked up is not exactly corresponding to the number of episodes procured.......which will be lesser than the money spent for......

Plus..........the viewership pattern has to get established (vide TRP)........which will be after 13 or so episodes, when we can say that the TRP is stabilised............(note the date of TS's first posting in CR thread!) and the marketing agencies (after ensuring the fate of the programme) start paying more (or pull out) only after this point........

Cumulative effect of all this......no one evens out the two sides of their account book......before the 26th week.........and should go on to make profit (or lick ones wounds).
    Naga
    Aha! magic dramas by "air"

Post Thanks / Like

So many complications ... and viewers just sit for those 30mins and criticize on the advertisements during the period and pass comments just like that on the drama !

Now i believe that the industry is really a tough place for a competition ! If somebody is coming out of all these things, and performing and getting a name in the industry means True that these are really tough !

Credit period of 90 days ... hmn .... so lot of things have to be invested ! Pre-Production cost would be born by the producers right ?!
    True, i guess for CR it has been atleast May-Nov nearly 6 months for settling down and the investors to get a hold and belief on its performance !

I believe for a person who is starting afresh in this industry has to really strive hard and move upstream and that is truly a VERY VERY VERY TOUGH JOB ! When even maestro's like you faced a tough job getting an excellent TRP -> need not ask about new comers !

I believe the project of creating a teleserial is no JOKE ! This needs a lot of commitment and more than that LUCK, i believe ! A cinema is one such thing, but that does not need to take care of the happennings daily ... but a weekly or a daily serial has to take care of daily events and happennings .....

Great info Naga sir We really admire the way you have swum upstream and attained a remarkable position in the small screen !
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote="nandhunaren"]speaking of marma desam, i downloaded all 69 odd episodes last week and watched them over the weekend. it was such a racy, gripping show and it brought back memories from my school days.

Hello , from where you downloaded the marmadesam??
    i would like to.
    arunachalam
    kalaivani
    ARUNVANI

Post Thanks / Like
    Naga sir !

Will science on screen be understood by everybody ? i mean for instance the decoding of zeros n ones can be understood only by ppl who somewhat understands a lil on computers ... probably they may not decode the stuff, but understands what decoding means .....

But waht will that be for a person who is not even a novice in computers ....

I see that u bring a lot of science and day to day facts on screen ... how are u taking care of the reach of the media being developed ..... Wat would be your expectation... do u wanna everyone to watch or u think only those who understands your views are enough !

Throw some light on whom do u want your audience to be ?

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber Naaga's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion, any creation (for it to survive the test of time) should still make sense in the future........that is, even if it doesn't make sense to everyone in the present.

So, my TG is majorly in the future.........(i know that is asking a lil too much in this 'fast food' medium)
    Naga
    Aha! magic dramas by "air"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber VENKIRAJA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    what next "mr. manirathnam of tv"?

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber laddu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mr.Bingleguy,
    Exactly how many times will you change the picture on your icon

Naaga,
    What's next for you? I know I have asked this question when I met you Wednesday's are boring these days...nothing ragasiyam to look forward to.
    I know you initially had directed "Athu Mattum Ragasiyam"...what's with Ragasiyam you got? is it a coincidence?
    Be as you wish to seem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Naaga
    In my opinion, any creation (for it to survive the test of time) should still make sense in the future........that is, even if it doesn't make sense to everyone in the present.

So, my TG is majorly in the future.........(i know that is asking a lil too much in this 'fast food' medium)
    Agreed Naga sir, anything creation shld make sense in future too
    WOW We see ur work really ulterior... you do every creation of urs with an artistic touch and an excellently penned and analyzed project

Well TODAY is the key as u rightly said to me
    Till yest we never had a note on internet ..... but today we sit n discuss a TV pgm on the net ... which is definitely a technology factor ... also i feel, technology should reach all -> a humble opinion

Well can u tell me what is TG ? sorry if that s a simple thing, n i didnt understand !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by laddu
    Mr.Bingleguy,
    Exactly how many times will you change the picture on your icon
    Change is the ONLY CONSTANT thing in this world

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast