Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: australia

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Braandan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    For renting a "unit" (apartment is called that way here) go to the nearest propery agent (L J Hooker, Reine & Horne etc) there will be many in any suburb. Look up the notices stuck on the windows, or talk to the people inside. Tell them your present visa status and fill in necessary forms. (unitl you settle down always have your passport with you).(I got my unit even before I got my 457 visa). If you are interested in any of the ones displayed they will take you there for an inspection. Once ok, you have to pay 2 weeks rent to show your interest, they will get back to you by talking to the landlord. If the landlord is not interested you will get your money back. If not if you are taking the unit you have to pay a deposit for 4 weeks (rents are always on weekly basis), which is refunded when you leave the house. the 2 weeks rent you paid is adjusted and you can move in. Units are only furnished with hot-water boiler, kitchen stove/grill etc. You have to inspect the premises thoroughly and fill in the forms with defects you detect (else you have to pay when you leave!).

Start with second hand furniture and slowly go for new ones if you need. Single bedroom apartments are rare. 2 bed room ones are easy to find. Depending on the suburb and nearness to Rly station etc it would be 300 to 400 per week at the maximum. You can bargain with the agent and try to lower.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    There are many rental agents. I am just giving those which come to my mind quickly. (Popular ones).

http://www.raineandhorne.com.au
    http://www.ljhooker.com.au

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.realestate.com.au is a comprehensive site which lists all rental properties available from different real estate agents and as such would be an easier option than go thro individual agent websites
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Badri, I had forgotten this site.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12