Thread: Cheeni Kum

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheeni Kum

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1041187

Music genius serves up a feast
    Preeti Raghunath
    Wednesday, July 12, 2006 18:50 IST

Eight hundred and forty eight movies down the line, legendary music composer Ilaiyaraaja admits that he’s only served his audience pickles and poppadums.

“I have yet to serve them the entire meal,” he smiles. He is in the city composing music for two films, ‘Cheeni Kum’ starring Amitabh Bachchan and Tabu by debutante director Balakrishnan and ‘Shiva’ directed by Ram Gopal Varma.

He’s planning a few different styles for ‘Cheeni Kum’ - “There will be romantic numbers and lots of melodic, orchestrated numbers,” he says.

One of the first musicians to emphasise the importance of orchestration while composing music, he synthesised Western and Indian instruments.

“My music is very spontaneous; it comes from the heart. I can never plan it out. In fact, there has been a scientific study done saying that Mozart’s music develops brain cells because his music was straight from his heart,” he says.

Guru to A R Rahman, Ilaiyaraaja says he always knew Rahman was a bright spark. “That’s why I took him into my troupe! My keyboard player was drunk so I told my team to get me a player from somewhere. They came back saying a little boy was there - I was okay with the 11-year-old!” he smiles. From placing his fingers on the keyboard to helping him play, he’s proud of his ‘little spark’ who has sure has gone places.

The maestro is set about his views on composers today; “There are no music composers today - they are just arrangers! Today’s music will never go down the ages. It is only here for today and will not stay,” he says. It might just be two Bollywood movies currently but he says, “I don’t mind composing for more movies here but there should be good enough work for me!”
    [/tscii]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mikka Nanri Karthik

Senior Member Regular Hubber umaramesh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are no music composers today - they are just arrangers! Today’s music will never go down the ages. It is only here for today and will not stay,”

Enna ippadi sollitar? that includes Yuvan also?

ramesh

Senior Member Regular Hubber Vkrish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have any latest news of the music in much awaited movie "Shiva" and "Cheenikum"

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Renault's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Umaramesh, it includes Yuvan as well. I think he is right, though me being a big Yuvan fan myself.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ramesh, Presumably yes. But I dont like the sound of it - This is like going the TMS way(Naangallam enna great padaippugal padaithom - ippovum varudhe, patta idhellam?). Hope IR doesnt become like the TMS of last 20 years.
    I'd like to believe he was commenting on the trend rather than as a sweeping include-all statement. I'd like to believe that he recognises there are exceptions to this rule as well.I, for one, cant believe that Swades, Parthiban Kanavu, Album, KKS, even IR's own ONOK(or some songs in these albums) will not stay forever as fantastic songs.

Senior Member Regular Hubber umaramesh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    net net no one willing to accept change of taste or adoption to next generation. yes, IR himself faced it and declared KAALAM PADHIL SOLLUM. He is scoring for hindi movie after a long time.Expecting his feast.

regards
    ramesh

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    rajdes, you did not understand correcly the meaning from what IR told. He tells the fact. Consider a music director today, what he is doing? Rearranging, remodifying, retuning, recomposing or recombining from existing one or more. IR is telling something like that "No one can escape from heavy inspiration now a days". The is the hidden meaning got from IR's speech.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cheeni Kum

Quote Originally Posted by inetk
    Guru to A R Rahman, Ilaiyaraaja says he always knew Rahman was a bright spark. “That’s why I took him into my troupe! My keyboard player was drunk so I told my team to get me a player from somewhere. They came back saying a little boy was there - I was okay with the 11-year-old!” he smiles. From placing his fingers on the keyboard to helping him play, he’s proud of his ‘little spark’ who has sure has gone places.
    Great to hear this !
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Renault's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cheeni Kum

Quote Originally Posted by inetk
    http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1041187

Music genius serves up a feast
    Preeti Raghunath
    Wednesday, July 12, 2006 18:50 IST

[/tscii]
    Indha Vishayam MADDY kku theriyuma

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast