Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bombay blasts

Senior Member Senior Hubber podalangai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bombay blasts

Hope all hubbers and their loved ones are fine.
    I have taken those WR trains every day when I lived in Mumbai. At that time, anybody could be on the train.
    ni enna periya podalangai-nu ennama?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mee too.Morning was spent trying to see if all my relatives in Mumbai are safe.Its pretty shocking to see it happen again

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arthi is fine.

7 places have been bombed. She just mentioned its very sickening and quite not in mood to talk.

She is fine.

hope all other hubbers are fine too.

Senior Member Senior Hubber podalangai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I narrowly escaped when it happened the last time. My sister narrowly escaped this time. Many others haven't had our luck. I am still feeling a little numb.
    ni enna periya podalangai-nu ennama?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    MUMBAI: Mumbai relived a nightmare when six explosions shook the city in quick succession on Tuesday evening. Early reports said eight people had died and many were injured.

The target was Mumbai's life-line -- its local train services -- timed to catch the evening rush. The first blast occurred in a first-class compartment of a local train near Khar station at 6.25 p.m.

Reports said the blast blew the train compartment to pieces and several passengers were seen jumping out. By 7 p.m. there were reports of five more blasts all targeting local trains.

The other blasts occurred at Matunga, Santa Cruz, Jogeshwari, Borivili and Bhayendar railway stations. All explosions were reported to have taken place in first class compartments of trains at a time when a large chunk of the commercial capital is returning home from office.

Televison reports said eight people had died while scores were seriously injured.

Mumbai was stunned before the panic set in. There was chaos and crush as people rushed to safety. Many were seen lying on the rail tracks.

Eyewitnesses said rain was hampering rescue work as the injured were carried to hospital.

Around 12 to 15 people injured at Santa Cruz station were taken to the nearby V N Desai hospital and another 20 were admitted to the KEM Hospital in Parel.

As people tried to reach their own, local phone lines were jammed and communication within the city and from outside became impossible. All trains on the Western line route have been suspended.

Police cordoned off all railway stations on the line and strict checking was carried out at the Central and Harbour sections of local trains services.

The blasts brought live fading memories of the BEST blasts of 2003. Reports said the city once again sprang to the rescue of its people, while official help was tardy.

Meanwhile, Delhi was put on high alert after the serial blasts in Srinagar and Mumbai through the day.

The Centre went into a huddle, with the Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil rushing to meet Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SP,Vasanth(BG) is in b'lore rite?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mgb's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes sandhya

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Having lived in Mumbai , I can imagine very well the kind of crowds that commute by train , the toll may be more .
    It was disastrous during 2003 when Zaveri bazaaar & Gateway were attacked & 100s died .

But the greatness of Mumbai is such that within 24 hours, life will be back to normal.

India continues to get targetted & innocent ones are the one to suffer again

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am heavily distressed reading these.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber villan007's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast