Thread: problem with making boondhi

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

problem with making boondhi

Hi,
    Every time I make boondhi, they always turn out to be flat. When I drop the batter in the oil, it goes down to the bottom and flattens. How to correct this problem?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you using the correct 'karandi', the seived 'karandi' whose holes on the under side are 'raised' unlike in the ordinary seived 'karandi'?
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    i had a different problem. it was way toooooooo oily. i had t o throw it all as we cudnt manage to eat them. dint know waht went wrong. can anybody help me on this?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the batter is very thin ie too watery then boondhi absorbs a lot of oil. Please try with a batter of thicker consistency. I am also against adding soda bicarb to the batter which also makes it absorb oil.
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    actually, i did not use any soda, so may b it was too watery. will try with a thicker one. thanks for your tip

Post Thanks / Like
    another thing which I realised was that the il has to be HOT. if the oil isnt very hot, the oondhi also becomes flat. also, make sure you quickly fish it out, if you are trying to make sweet boondhi. If you let it turn brown, the sugar syrup will not be well absorbed. If you are making boondhi for topping thayir vadai, you can let it fry for a few seconds more...but I realised the difference between yellow and brown (crispy) is only around 10 seconds.