Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Best preludes of IR

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    imho the ultimate prelude from Raja is in the song Poongathave Talthiduva from Nizhalgal..ive had some close to knockout/high/ecstatic experiences after listening to this prelude..the violin crescendo followed by veena...AWESOME

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont forget the classic prelude to "Madai thirandhu " from Nizhalgal and the sweet , yet melancholic one for "Azhagiya kannae" from Uthiri-p-pookkal. Prelude is the glue that sticks the song to the preceding narration. For a prelude to really work in the movie, the script writer and director also must have contributed helluva lot. Looking back at what we have compiled so far, it is very clear what directors like Mahendran, Bharathiraja and Kamal Hassan can contribute to the music of the movie.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice thread

All the songs mentioned above have excellent preludes. And i remember here preludes having humming by singers. Suddenly i got the following threesongs.

1) Idyam oru kovil
    2) Nilava vaa
    3) Naan thedum sevvanthi poo

the list will grow

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njv
    Quote Originally Posted by tmrrmt
    mother of all preludes - ilamai idho idho - wat a rockin start to a dancing star!!

Also prelude of nee paartha paarvaikoru nandri - it is not qualified to be called prelude. it itself is a seperate compostion altogether
    IMO, Kanmaniye kathal enbadhu karpanayo has one of the best preludes .........rather very lengthy ....like Uravenum pudhiya vaanil !

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would add Meetatha Oru Veenai from Poonthottam.
    The song is in Reethi gowla ragam, but the prelude and interlude with violin, veenai and the drums is still my favorite...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the first one that comes to my mind... "thalattudhey ..." . right from the first minute the song rocks and the prelude is just as good as it can get.

and "nilave vaa" very very soothing song with an equally fitting prelude. actually there are more to say, but rite now i am lost in numbers.
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    and how can anyone forget, "poo malaiye thol seravaa" wonderful pace, mindblowing orchestration!!! simply mindblowing!!
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Senior Member Regular Hubber Vkrish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice topic.

"Oliyile Therivadhu". A very imaginative piece which very well merges with the screen. One more which comes to my mind, is the most simple but mindblowing number "Povoma Oorlkoolam". Simply amazing !!!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeevi
    Nice thread

All the songs mentioned above have excellent preludes. And i remember here preludes having humming by singers. Suddenly i got the following threesongs.

1) Idyam oru kovil
    2) Nilava vaa
    3) Naan thedum sevvanthi poo

the list will grow
    Sanjeevi

Nice !

When you mentioned about humming as preludes, I recollected Devan kovil deepam ondru ! lovely preludes from Sj & Surendher

& not to forget - Paadvaa un paadalai , one of the best preludes of IR , scintillating humming from SJ !

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would say every song of IR has the best prelude except the ones which start off directly with lyrics like "enna satham" or "kovil mani oosai".
    Anyway just now Iam listening to "solai poovil maalai thendral" and "Oh maane maane" from Vellai Roja. Just listen to the prelude of these 2 songs.I can bet no IFM MD can even conceive something even remotely close to these beauties.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast