Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best preludes of IR

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coming back to humming preludes ................ Ennuyire vaa enuyire ( Poonthotta kaval karan ( has a terrific chorus / humming prelude with Chitra taking off with chorus thararam thararam as BG was quite innovative ! unique of its kind

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    In Avadharam,

1.Thendral vandhu theendum podhu

2.Chandhiranum sooriyanum

In Jhony,

all the songs are gems

But my favourite for this topic is

"En vanilae orae vennila "

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkrish
    Nice topic.

"Oliyile Therivadhu". A very imaginative piece which very well merges with the screen. One more which comes to my mind, is the most simple but mindblowing number "Povoma Oorlkoolam". Simply amazing !!!
    yea I remember "poovoma oorkolam" (dont have that song). my friends chithappa is the flutist in IR troupe (Napolean). He always says his flute bit in this song is among his favourites. to be counted as fav among countless gems, this must be really special. IMO, IR's flute peices are way too good, be it in prelude or interlude .
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Balaji, `sweet' kadai thodangi irukkureenga vAzhththukkaL!

A couple of rare yet sweet preludes, both from `ArAdhanai', a very less known Suman movie...

`iLam pani thuLi vizhum nEram' - listen to the bass guitar - lead guitar combo...mesmerising! The first interlude of this song is a kind of WCM lesson...with accelearting strings leading to a grand piano culmination! Throughout the song there's grand bass guitar as well as other strings' threads...

`oru kungumachchengamalam' - Unusually short yet very sweet flute prelude.

ivaiyellAm bass-guitar'in poRkAlaththil vandha pAdalgal allavA? inimaikkuppanjamillai!

Post Thanks / Like
    Another rare prelude, for the song `vAnengum thanga viNmeengaL vizhi imai mooda' in moondRAm piRai...very sweet but not paid attention to by many...I think the movie itself opens to this prelude on screen (I'm not sure, though...I remember the scene a kind of sooryOdhayam, sea shore, Sridevi walking etc)...

The music reflects the mood on screen, in fact brings the whole environ to your mind by the slow tempo of the piano - starting sounds, followed by accompaniment of the flute. Then begins the bass guitar, synth, Janaki group in full flow, then a chorus with more powerful bass guitar sounds leading to a fantastic climax of trumpets blowing to start the song!

Also listen to the first interlude of this song, which I consider to be among the top ones from Raja...

Post Thanks / Like
    Comparisons are inevitable...a quick trip to the bass guitar scores `vAnil oru dheepAvaLi' brings nostalgic memories and the lack of them in some of the recent Raja hits...I was listening to the sweet `pattu cholli, pAdachcholli' from azhagi the other day...though having unique rhythm arrangements very different from the monotonous arrangements of current MD's, this song could've reached greater heights with some non-keyboard bass guitar scores, IMHO...

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best preludes by IR,

Satriyan - Maalayil Yaaro Manothodu pesa...
    Unnai Vazhthi Padukirein - Kalai Kuyilkaley...

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    One more to add to the list

Adhikalai subavelai - KJY and Janaki - Not sure abt the movie name

Amazing start..

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if this song is popular but it has amazing prelude.

Manamadhurai - KOVIL KALAI

Watcha guys think

Post Thanks / Like
    One more WOOHOO this is the ultimate

Satham Varamal - My Dear Mathandan

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast