Page 96 of 98 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 LastLast

Thread: Food SOS - Ask questions here!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks dsath The recipe looks fairly simple, so will try that out today
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried the cake dsath, used honey instead of sugar and added a chopped up pear to it. Came out ok, was a bit sticky for some reason and hubby dear thinks it should have cooked more or I should have mixed two different flours instead of just plain flour!

But Abhi loved it anyway
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any one knows how to make badam milk?

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    quite simple actually - soak almonds overnight (some ppl prefer to boil) . then peel skin and grind, adding water as necessary.
    boil milk, add almond paste, sugar and colouring. you can add pounded Elakka for added taste.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Garnishing it with roasted 'saarai paruppu' will make it a more delightful drink! And a spoon of ghee added before swithching off the stove makes it yummy!
    'saarai paruppu' is that small paruppu( I don't know its name in English ) used to garnish milk sweets, son papdi, sohan alwa etc.
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks NO & pp madam will try that for Abhi. Any of the badam milk mixes that I get here has milk solids in it, so can't use them. Now I can mke my own at home

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoushka
    Can anyone tell me if I can use tofu like cheese (As in pizza topping of tofu instead of cheese) please?

thanks
    found a whole pile of vegan cheese at a health store today

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    happy for Abhi kutty...he can have cheese pizza now...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like
    might sound like a silly question, but is sathukdi considered a citrus fruit?

reason for asking this question... I've been asked to avoid citrus fruits for Anou, but I know sathukudi juice is sooo good..

Post Thanks / Like
    sathakudi is a citrus fruit.