Page 38 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Food SOS - Ask questions here!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber RedPepper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamuna
    Any recipes for using up Condensed milk, other than in payasam or microwave sweets ?
    Just eat it. Yummy!!! :P

If you can eat egg, you can make caramel custard. I got the recipe from the label of a condensed milk can. It was something like 3 eggs + 1 can of condensed milk + 1 can of water (use the same can to measure). Spread caramelized sugar on a baking dish, then spread the above mixture. Bake it at …..I don’t remember the oven temperature or time. Sorry. But I would bake it at 350 until it gets done. I would check the doneness by inserting a toothpick.

You can also try coconut macaroons. Here is the recipe: (Dev, I acknowledge that this recipe is copied from the web, but I don’t remember the source.)

COCONUT MACAROONS

These are so easy and they store well frozen. They never really freeze so you can eat them right out of the freezer.
    14 ounces sweetened, shredded coconut
    14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
    3 egg whites; room temperature
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    Heat oven to 325°. Combine coconut, milk and vanilla in a large bowl. Whip egg whites and salt at high speed of an electric mixer to medium-stiff peaks. Carefully fold egg whites into coconut mixture. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and drop batter, using a 1-inch ice cream scoop or 1 tablespoon. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden. Cool on racks.
    Store macaroons in an air tight container or a plastic freezer bag in the freezer.

I have also seen recipes for coconut macaroons without eggs. But I have no problem eating egg, so I tried the above recipe and it came out well.
    Red Pepper
    <font size=1>Some products from my workshop! </font>

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Murukku Press

It's very hard to use the usual murukku press for making snacks,idiayappam,etc.. Can anybody suggest me anyother easy tool that can be used instead of murukku press?

Thanks!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone,

i recently bought a bag of Laxmi brand 'Seeraga Samba rice'- very aromatic but when cooked in the microwave with 1:2 - rice- water for 18 mins turns out mushy and sticks together! i tried reducing the water but the rice doesn't cook properly!

any suggestions/tips to get fully cooked but not sticky rice?
    i want to know for regular plain rice- not for biryani/pulao etc!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Murukku Press

Quote Originally Posted by Inimai
    It's very hard to use the usual murukku press for making snacks,idiayappam,etc.. Can anybody suggest me anyother easy tool that can be used instead of murukku press?

Thanks!
    I haven't seen any substitute for murukku press so far. I think using it is very easy, the hard part is cleaning it after the use. That makes the whole part difficult. This is one reason I make murukku or idiappam very rarely. It will be wonderful if there is an easy tool...
    Red Pepper

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody has the recipe for making Dates Syrup by Mallika badrinath, please post it ?

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dev
    Hi,

Didn't know where to put this query...so am posting it here...

Does anyone here know details of Bharatanatiyam classes in Singapore?... If yes, please let me know the contacts & other details...

Thanks & regards
    Dev
    Hi Dev,

When i was in s'pore, I had a friend who was learning carnatic vocal and I know they were also teaching dance classes. I don't exactly remember the name but it's located in the excelsior shopping ctr / hotel oppposite (probably 2nd level) to Komalas near City Hall MRT station.

Malini

Senior Member Devoted Hubber tomato's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmila
    Anybody has the recipe for making Dates Syrup by Mallika badrinath, please post it ?
    I too would like to have the recipe of date syrup and any other recipe using dates. Had once tasted dates pasayam at a wedding; any knows the recipe?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

URGENT!

I woke up very late today (I'm on leave) and decided to have a brunch of Uppma. I put in onions, potato, carrots, greenchillis and it all came out delicious except for the salt. It is too salty to eat & there's nothing left in the hse to eat. Please help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi alan
    if it is too salty.. u could add some potatoes to it as it eats all the salt.. i hope that helps
    thanks
    kritica

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry this has happened to you in the morning.

Once my uppuma turned out salty(it was without vegetables). What I did was I boiled about a cup of water with a little semolina(2 tbsp, I guess, just enough to make a creamy texture), when it started boiling/cooking, I dumped the salty uppuma to it and mixed very well until all the extra water evaporated.
    Red Pepper

Page 38 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast