Page 13 of 98 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Food SOS - Ask questions here!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can make fried rice,leamon rice,tomato rice,puliyogare,coconut rice,carrot rice,curd rice etc...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

carrot rice

Quote Originally Posted by dev
    You can make fried rice,leamon rice,tomato rice,puliyogare,coconut rice,carrot rice,curd rice etc...
    Can u tell me how to make carrot rice? Wont it taste sweet???

Anitha

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Anita,

Here's how I make carrot rice...

1. cook rice as usual & mix req amt of salt to it.

2.grate as much carrots as u want... I usually add equal amts of carrots & rice...ie,for a cup of cooked rice,I'll take same quantity of carrots...U can modify it to ur taste...

3. chop a few green chillies,curry leaves & onions,cori leaves

4.Heat oil(2 tsp)...add chana dhal & urad dhal(abt 1 tbsp)...let it brown a bit... then add chillies,curry leaves & onions...fry until light brown...Now add the grated carrots & fry until 3/4 cooked...the carrots should be a bit crisp even after the whole cooking...I like it that way...IF u want to,U can cook it fully...I usually add 1 or 2 tbsp of water for cooking the carrots coz I use less oil...If U want to,U can cook the whole thing by adding a tbsp more of oil...add salt for the carrots...mix well...

4. Now add the rice to it & mix well...cook until it rice is warmed up...

5.Add cori leaves & take off flame...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Carrot rice

Quote Originally Posted by dev
    Hi Anita,

Here's how I make carrot rice...
    Hey Thats really so easy to make let me try it and let u know....

Anitha

Post Thanks / Like
    hey,
    forgot to add mustard & jeera to the seasoning...U'll 've to add it along with the dhals...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ,

Anyone good at ethiopian cooking here?...I once tried the tef bread(something like wheat flour dosa) & lukku akkavi(chicken curry that tasted almost like tikka masala) & a few other chutney kind of things...It was awesome... If anyone has any tried & tested ethiopian recipes,pls post it here...esp Lukku akkavi...

Also,for the guys in US try out this cuisine... If I remember right,the name of the restaurent I visited goes something like this...Blue Nile ... I am not very sure abt the name but it had the word Nile....It was in minneapolis...not very sure if it's a chain of restaurents throughout US...

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Q on Nutrition

Hello
    Just curious to know if Iron can be had with Calcium?
    I read in lot of books that calcium supresses Iron absorbtion
    Is it true? That means milk cannot be added to any spinach recipes
    But I know this as a fact that Iron with vitamin C is a very good combination. VitaminC helps in full absorbtion of Iron

Can anybody start a Nutrition thread, that gives tips on the health aspects in cooking.
    Thankyou
    Rajsand
    Make life easier by staying healthy and eating right!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber tomato's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    rajsand
    Pls visit the 'Healthy lifestlye' thread, here in the food section. U will find a lot of info.
    Our fellow hubber dev shares with us a wealth of knowledge and has also inspired us be health conscious cooks.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanx

Hello
    Thankyou Tomato! I am new to this site and havent ventured much. I am a healthconcious person too..
    rajsand
    Make life easier by staying healthy and eating right!

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Chinese food in India? Reply for Dev

Yes Dev,

There are many pockets of early Chinese immigrants that settled in various parts of India. Many of the early dentists in India were of Chinese origin and many of the women ran beauty parlor's.

They assimilated into the indian culture and created a "fusion cuisine" of recipes they inherited and spices/veges they found locally.

This is the Chinese food that we consume today in India..... obviously not all the recipes are the same, but the fried rice...stir-fried dishes are pretty much the same that one would eat in a one of those households

If you travel to say Beijing/Shangai and ask to eat "Chicuan"style foods < phonetic> familiarly known as "Seczhuan" is a spicy style of cooking and you will see the similarity immediately after you put a spoonful in your mouth!

I'm not sure if you have heard of the term "Unani davai" ~ Medicines from Yunan, practioners of this form of medicine/pharmacology have lived in India from the early 1600's....

......so coming to your question is there real Chinese food in India, they have been here a LONG time!

Luvsilver

Page 13 of 98 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast