Page 1 of 98 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Food SOS - Ask questions here!

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Food SOS - Ask questions here!

Please use this thread to ask questions, seek opinions and clarify doubts with regard to cooking, instead of opening a new thread for each query.

Our resident culinary experts Mr. Hemant or Mrs Mano or anyone else will definitely address your problem.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    PL. give me receipe 4 soanpapdi ,can it be prepared @ home?

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Need crock-pot (slow cooker) recipes, please.

Thanks,
    shanta

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I solved my parippu vada problem. I soaked the lentils for 45 minutes-1 hour, drained thoroughly and then ground.This ensured the right consistency.

Also, I soaked thuvaram & kadala paruppu together with a handful of raw rice and the uzhunnu paruppu separately. Measurement used was 1 cup thuvaram+ 1/2 cup kadala + green chillies, dried red chillies, ginger, asofoetida, curry leaves and salt. Ground it in Sumeet mixie without much water, stopping regularly to mix the ground stuff in the bottom layer with the unground at the top. Drained the uzhunnu, and added it whole to the ground mixture and immediately made vadas. It turned out nice and porous and light and tasty.

Shoba

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mr.Nov!
    As you are from Malaysia, I want to know about a product which is from Malaysia. Have you heard about DXN Products? They are marketing some products which are made from RED Reishi Mushroom [Ganoderma Lucidum]. It is said that these products of this mushroom has a healing ability and there are highly herbal medicines. Have you heard about this?

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Mrs Mano, I have not heard of this. To tell you the truth health products and I are miles apart.
    I dont even believe in food supplements.

anyway, here is a link that may be useful: http://www.dxnmalaysia.com
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi friends,
    In spite of adding some oil and reducing the amount of water, the dal I cook in pressure cooker always boils over. Esp. mung dal, at least 4 or 5 Tbsp. always is fallen into the cooker body and is wasted. How to prevent this?
    Thanks,
    Kamakshi.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamakshi, have you tried using a larger container with a better fitting lid?

Just a thought..

Shoba

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello Kamakshi,

Try keeping it for less time than u normally do...I cook for 4 whistles & the dhals will be a bit mashed but not fully dissolved...If u want the dhal to be unbroken but cooked,try cooking for 3 whistles...I don't add oil for cooking the dhal...& i usually soak all dhals(excepy yellow moong) overnight...

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need your suggestions and help . I prepare chappathi in large quantity and put it in a ziploc bag and store it in fridge . When taken out for consumption i microwave it by putting a wet paper towel over the chappathis .They turn out to be very hard . But when taken fresh chappathis r soft . The same chappathis when used after refrigration r hard . Why is this happening ..
    At the same time chappathis bought from stores remain soft even after 10 days . Are they using any special ingredient to keep the chappathis soft . Pleas help me out .. Thanks and regards ..

Page 1 of 98 1231151 ... LastLast