View Poll Results: Soya...Boon or Bane??

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boon

0 0%
  • Bane

1 33.33%
  • Dont Know

2 66.67%
  • Dont Care

0 0%

Thread: soya..... boon or bane

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

soya..... boon or bane

HI All

I would really like to know what fellow hubbers think about soya and it's nutritional content.

On one side, I hear that Soya is filled with proteins and has no cholestrol....so its good for people with protein deficiency. A very famous MLM product promotes soya powder for its high protein content.

ON the other hand, I hear arguments that soya has been projected with this image by intense lobbying in US of A. That ...soya as such is not high in any nutritional content...and it just is a yet another hyped up produce of US of A.
    Doctors (obviously ...not all) are paid money to recommend soya products for their patients with High BP and cholosterol.
    etc...etc...

So...what do you say??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber dsath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chinese are using Soy sauce everyday in their cooking and they don't seem to have any problems with it.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Soy products like tofu, soya chunks etc are all highly processed ... Since I like to eat stuffs that don't undergo much processing, I try to avoid soy pdts though they are said to be very nutritious... I guess soy milk is the least processed food derived from soy... so that should be fine...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was using Organic Soymilk for my cereal everyday as I was trying to avoid too many dairy products when I read some scary articles that said that there are many diseases caused by too much intake of soy - isoflavone induced breast cancer, and that it drastically lowers the male hormone testosterone etc. These were some well researched articles and you may google on topics like "soy testosterone cancer" to get the information.
    So, I have gone back to the old Indian tradition of drinking a lot of Cow's milk. Soy should be consumed less than in 3 meals a week in my opinion. Try to buy only non-GMO organic soy products - especially Tofu and soy milk. We don't know why the Japanese and Chinese are so healthy even after eating so much soy because their diet plan may involve eating other stuff that may compensate for any ill effects of soy. Anyway please take my post for all it is worth which is $0.02 only

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a warning going round about dangers of excessive use of soya . But generally , recent advice from doctors, esp. lady doctors is a judicial amount of soya intake is beneficial for correcting many menstrual, homonal problems in ladies.
    I know some of my friends who take wheat to the mill to get it ground to flour add a quantity of soya with the wheat & say the chappathis are soft. One of neibours gives soya sundal to children returning from school in the evening. The smell of soya is not very good. My discreet use of soya is this: when I soak rice & urad dhal for grinding for idli/dosa batter I add a little soya(the white variety) to the rice. Thus silently(!) the family gets a daily dose of soya. I also powder the mealmaker cubes sold in the stores & add a little bit of it to dhoor dhal before pressurecooking it.
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.