Thread: Good recipes for a healthy lifestyle?

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Good recipes for a healthy lifestyle?

Hi,
    this is my first time posting in this forum. I'm a vegetarian. Are there good indian recipes that are healthy? Tasty, but healthy? (No cholesterol, good for heart, something like that).

I'm tamilian, but i love north indian dishes as well.

Thanks. You have a wonderful community here. As soon as i go to college, i'll be bugging you all with questions for recipes since i'll be living alone and need to cook for myself.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there, this forum has plenty of healthy veg recipes, if you say what veg you like may be some of us can give you various healthy recipes using those veg
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for replying.

I like north indian foods a lot, like naan with paneer butter masala, chappathi with chenna,and stuff like bhel puri, bread chenna, dosa, etc.,

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most of what you have said doesn't seem to have any veg content in them... chenna is good for your protien.

I tend to add grated carrots, onion, corriander, mint etc to dosa to make it interesting and healthy.

Chappati is good, but what veg do you eat with chappati? what kind of veg do you like?
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Senior Member Regular Hubber southiecook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could try methi paratha (by mixing finely chopped methi(fenugreek) leaves to the spinach dough), carrot/radish chapathi (by adding grated carrot/radish to the dough),aaloo paratha (by adding a mix of mashed potatoes,a pinch of garam masala,chopped chillies and a little turmeric to the dough (though the original recipe is slightly different)) etc. Also,
    try various pulaos with lot of veggies and paneer..
    Upma is also very easy and becomes nutritious when you add lot of veggies into it.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is something that has no cholestrol , no glucose , no fat , rich in minerals and is good for entire system. The more you consume , it helps you to lose weight as well. Water........

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    well ..i have recently started dieting .. and i am veggie too ..

i am experimenting a diet ..where in i am substituting rice and wheat with potatoes ...

Potatoes ( just boiled and slightly sprinkled with salt .) are rich in carbohydrates ...
    we usually saute it or deep fry it in oil and make it fattening ..

other wise ..research tells that ...plain boiled potato do not have much of fat ...
    in fact if u have rice ...it sometimes ..makes u feel full and drowsy ....
    esp. curd rice .......

but potatoes accompanied with other veggies ... esp. cabbage and tomatoes ...
    will make u really full...but you can go on actively through out the day ....

But we cant ignore rice and wheat all together ...coz we need some fibre as well..

So my diet is like this ..

morn; In empty stomach: Chyawanprash..... then ten mins later ....One slightly buttered toast and a glass of milk
    OR... three to four idlis with coconut chutney..( avoid podi ....) OR
    two dry chappati with spinach or dal ...
    and a glass of milk ..

Afternoon: One medium sized cooked potato ..with tomatoes , cabbage , carrot , cucumber ..and sometimes ..lettuce ..
    ( trust me ..it one plate full of veggies heaped ... and it is really filling ..)

Even ... tea and biscuits. ..

Night ... rice and curd or curry with veggies accompanied ..with sprouts salad or a smaller plate of any form of salad.

Before bed ..small glass of milk and spoon of ... chywanprash

Do def. drink atleast three litres of water daily .

THIS IS not some wieght loss prog...

it is intended to make one more active and agile through the day ....

try it out ..

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    what everyone ran away reading my diet is it ????? lol