Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: Does God exist?

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "If one leaves all these items, untouched for billions of years and exposed to the powers of natural forces, yes there is a high probability that they all will occupy their proper places where they would normally be arranged by humans."

No sorry... your argument fails for a simple reason. According to modern genetic theory, most mutations are not beneficial! Natural selection is supposedly based on the few mutations that are beneficial! Note the use of the word FEW here. Considering the complexity of a cell, a "few" mutations is not enough to account for the complexity of (I) its organization, (II) functions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham_Staines
    No sorry... your argument fails
    No, it is not my argument that fails; it is your examples (note the word examples) that miserably fail under the probability theory.
    There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to Truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
    - Buddha

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can ALWAYS "smell" the RATS with pea-brain, from the way they talk SCIENCE, which, of course, they learnt from their great aunt GITA.

So long, *copy and paste moron*!

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, the only probability theory to be applied here is within the scope of genetics. The probability that a few random mutations can create something so monstrousy complex is very low - simply because genetic theory says MOST mutations are not beneficial. If you cannot understand genetics, I am sorry. I do offer my apologies for taking up your time.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham_Staines
    Sorry, the only probability theory to be applied here is within the scope of genetics. .......... I do offer my apologies for taking up your time.
    I am sorry to say that there seems to be a gross error in your understanding of both (1) how the evolution works (2) how the probability theory is applied - please refer to my previous posts where I have shown how the probability for the existence of an "intelligent designer" comes to absolute "0", based on the normalised complexities, which also includes the complexity of the presumed "intelligent designer"

Well, what you have just said, exactly threre where things go horribly wrong in perceving what exactly the reality is. Anyway, good to talk to you again after a long time, my friend

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to Truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
    - Buddha

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950