Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: learning difficulties

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

learning difficulties

Hi all, any opinions/views on parenting children with learning difficulties?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    suma: If you live in the US, there is a lot of help. American schools deal with these children under 'Special Education'. First, the child is tested for skill levels by a school psychologist. If the tests confirm that the child has learning difficulties,the child is treated differently in the school.
    May be, you are aware of all these. The school psychologist should be able to offer more about parenting such a child.
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is the same in Europe.

I know there is a school in Madras for special children.
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you live in chennai, contact Spastics Society of India.

No.1, Ranjit Rd, Kotturpuram, Chennai - 85
    Tel : 0091 - 44 - 235 4784 / 235 4785 / 235 4980
    Tele / Fax : 0091 - 44 - 235 3757
    Email :enable@md2.vsnl.net.in

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoushka
    Aunty visited that school when we were in Madras and was impressed. She is thinking of helping them with books and testing kit. We need more of them in India.
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. But as I mentioned I wanted tips from other parents not schools or other authorities. Like how to deal with their anger, managing time etc. I would be very grateful if parents share their experiences with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I suppose I have to tell a little about my daugther to get this topic started. She is about 12 years old and is getting professionsl help. But she hates it when given instructions or explanation about a word or talked about some basic logic. Managing my daughter's anger is the most difficult thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    suma: Did you visit this website?

http://www.ldonline.org/

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I did visit that site. but in addition to that I want to hear from other parents about their experience with their children.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajraj
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoushka
    Aunty visited that school when we were in Madras and was impressed. She is thinking of helping them with books and testing kit. We need more of them in India.
    Raj: One of appa's friends was the principal of the school and that is how I heard about the school. We surely need more of them in India.

Three years ago when I volunteered for Special Olympics world games, I was with the Indian team and I realised that special children are treated differently in India compared to other countries...
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast