Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suresh Gopi

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Suresh Gopi

The poor Guy does not deserve this traumatic phase in his career. I 've enjoyed most of his movies though ppl say he is sterotyped, yet I think he's the most 'made-up' man in Malayalam Movies. Egs are Different Make up in "Kaliyattom", "Kulam", "Ponnuchami", "Naagapanchami(which I have not seen)" "Thiragalkkappuram"(Which again I have not seen) other than the ordinary.

He's also known to be an excellant Family man, unlike the 'stray cats & dogs" in the Film Industry. Its unfair that ppl hurt him most in his 'bad phase".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even I like Suresh Gopis acting a lot.. more natural.. Hes a gud actor .. I like his movie "Pathram" etc..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh Gopi ! A awesome taker of roles .... has fit excellently well in almost all the roles he has taken ! I love his acting

but tell me Alan ... wats his prob now ! i used to watch his movies, but dont know much n wats happ in the Kerala Film Industry can u update me on his issues !
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber swathy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like him very much. My sis's fav hero .
    pala
    vedikkai manidharaip pole - naan
    veezhve nendru ninai thayo?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing is happening. He did some good Action/Police roles (Thalasthanam, Ekalavyan, Commissioner) which made him a mass hero. But he lacked range and so became stereotyped in Action/Police movies which where not even close to being good. Then he tried doing some variety roles but didn't click with critics or mass. His performance in "Kaliyatom" even got him a Bharath award (Best actor national award) but the heroine in the movie (Manju Warrior) got more attention from critics as well as audience.

Resently he did a come back with sequel to Commisioner which did very well. But his later movies have not got the "Super hit" tag.

Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh Gopi's Movie history

First appearance was as a child artiste in Odayil Ninnu (1965). Having acted in 80 odd films.

Initially Suresh made his rounds of production offices and came up with only yes boss type of roles. He got recognized with his Villian roles in two Mohanlal movies Rajavinte Maghan (King's Son) and Irupatham Noottandu (20th century).

His first break as hero was in Thalasthanam (Capital) directed by ShajiKailas and written by Renji Panicker. Next were Ekalavyan and Comissioner after which he was known as the `roaring lion of Kerala'. Powerful dialogues and good action scenes with a big physique Suresh filled the void left behind by Late Jayan. Apart from action roles he has done serious movies too and even got the state and national award for best acting for the film Kaliyattom.

Post Thanks / Like
    He said in an interviw that he was accused to misleading kids, because of the bad language in his dialogues. Hence the decision to back out of such roles.

As if kids wouldn't learn such stuff otherwise!

Post Thanks / Like
    To tell the truth the word "Sh*t" became a school kid word after he used repeatedly in Ekalavyan.

Let me try to translate one of his famous (oft repeated) dialog from Commisioner into english. "no use of mixing and eating your bosses urine and urea daily and sitting with you tail in your ass"

Then some dialogs on women with loose character.

hmm...

Teenagers like me (at that time) really enjoyed these punch dialogs

Post Thanks / Like
    But Sandeep, it is not just him who uses such words- Mammootty has used then. Then there could be others whose names I don't kknow.

First of all why should parents take their "innocent, angelic" kids for such movies? I strongly think children should be kept away from all kinds of movies until they are 16 yrs old!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have not seen the movies u have mentioned, Sandeep. but an 80's movie of his that I remember & really liked are: Thooval Sparsham , though its only a Guest role!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast