Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Akira Kurosawa

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very informative posts you guys. Its suprising that when we talk about the origin of motion pictures, people only talk about Charlie Chaplin. I am a big freak of foreign movies esp. Hollywood but never bothered to dig into the trendsetters of the same. I have seen Kamal's interviews wherein he mentions about Kurasawa but never bothered to check out his films. I did a scan through in imdb and happily punnagai-ed that I have got one more person to explore in cinema.

Thanks again for inspiring, will check out all his movies

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Rashoman

The most striking think about 'Rashoman' is that it had a very minimal cast , locations & dialogues.And the actors were stunning!If not for the actors, the film could never have happened.It was a gripping movie,so involving.I was warned like,'be attentive,this is a genius work' before watching it.But after watching the movie, I think the genius lies in its simple narrative & the humanitarian note it left, and you need not be prepared to watch it! The cinematographic genius struck me only when I was reliving the movie.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    For all Akira Kurosawa fans, Sathyam theatre is screening Rashomon on 27.08.06 Sunday at 9.00 A.M

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12