Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NAAN MARAI

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

well done again

FSG sir

Well done again!

In translating ancient Tamil literature, Sanskritists made a messy job. You have pointed out some. Several instances were pointed out by the learned Mayilai Seeni Vengkatasamy too. I remember: "Ezil malai" being wrongly read as "eli malai", the translator eventually concluding that those living on the relevant mountains belonged to muushika (mouse) jati!! But they threw away the originals after translating, making the translations look like originals.

So much for the scholarship of the translators. Little did they worry that they were putting out unintelligible garbage,

What is hidden is hidden to be revealed.

Best regards.
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

friends

dear fsg,

is surprised by u carrying caste surname and quoting link to it in tamil lit. in other threads.

your speculative hypothesis, but can you please quote tamil teaching universities who claim this.

how do you date tholkappoam and kumari kandam flood
    Agara Mudala Eluththellam Aathi Bagavan
    Mutherre Vulagu

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Pavitra,

Two more threads of mine - one on the "Tsunami & Landslides that affected Tamil Nadu from ancient times" and the other on the "Chronolgy of important events in the Indian History, that were in direct relation to the developments in the ancient History of Tamil Nadu", are to appear in this Website by end March. These two threads I trust will to a certain extent be able to fix the date of Tholkaappiam and Kumarikandam Floods approximately.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: friends

Quote Originally Posted by Pavitra
    dear fsg,

is surprised by u carrying caste surname and quoting link to it in tamil lit. in other threads.
    Neelakanda Shastri
    Rajagopal Achariyaar
    Sonia Agarwal
    Aiswarya Rai
    Maduri Dixit
    Mulayan Singh Yadav
    Raasekara Reddy
    Shankar Dayal Sharma

The last words in these names: Are they caste surnames Pavitra?
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Pavithra,

I wanted to write about surnames in historic perspective: May be after sometime.

Surnames are not caste names as Ms. Sivamala has told.

You may wonder that except tamil Nadu all over the world all races have family names as surnames. Dravidian ideology eliminated surnames but still caste prevails in tamil land.

More than one caste in India may have same surname.

Caste names earlier specified occupational positions and Vedhic evil works made divisions among them.

Surnames won't come under this divisions.

And, you asked me about timeline of Tholkappiam & Kumarikandam. Earlier in "Tamil is elder than sanskrit" thread I have written about that many times. Kindly go through that.

Dear Vira Rajendra,

I am waiting for your write up. Earlier in various threads like Ms.Sivamala you have proved your write up with scholarly approach & enormous authentic proofs. I salute them.

I have somemore here to write under this topic. Time should permit me.

f.s.gandhi
    "Kal thonri man thontra kalathay mun thonri mootha kudi"- a second century literature- means when before stone became sand in earth the tamil tribes were formulated

Post Thanks / Like

Tamil Research

Dear Friends,

It is surpriseing that Fsg/Bismala support carrying Caste surname and claiming proud of it.

Every person who knows history know that the Dalits were all troubled by Upper caste non brahmins and the surname referred is one such.

In Madurai, Dalits were not allowed to participate in elections with these false prides.

Vedas do not have castes, where as Sangam Lit(200BCE-200ce) and Thol100-200CE has it. Dravidians are the outsiders who came to India from Outside.

Vedas are highly reverred in Sangam and Tholappiyam.

Thanks Pavitra, and FSG for referring Tamil elder where every thing is proved and fsg keeps bluffing.

uppuma
    Love India; Love Tamil.
    Love God ; Love Truth

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tamil Research

Quote Originally Posted by Uppuma
    Dear Friends,

It is surpriseing that Fsg/Bismala support carrying Caste surname and claiming proud of it.
    Surnames have nothing to do with caste. Do not look at things wearing your "caste spectacles".

Every person who knows history know that the Dalits were all troubled by Upper caste non brahmins and the surname referred is one such.
    Dalits can have their own surnames. Nobody prevented them. The surnames of others cannot in anyway harm the Dalits.

In Madurai, Dalits were not allowed to participate in elections with these false prides.
    Where and how did you come to know this? Please give us the website from which you came to know it. I do not believe any Dalit was prevented because he did not reflect a surname.

Vedas do not have castes, where as Sangam Lit(200BCE-200ce) and Thol100-200CE has it. Dravidians are the outsiders who came to India from Outside.
    Your datelines are erroneous. Tolkappiyam ( >1500BCE) has no caste. There were professions. Sangam Lit show no caste too.
    If Dr came from outside, who were the ones present here? The Dalits?
    Is that why they are called Adi Dravidas?

Vedas are highly reverred in Sangam and Tholappiyam.
    Sangam and Tol referred to Tamiz Vedas. The Arya Vedas are later copied from Tamiz Vedas.

Thanks FSG for your illuminating posts 'where everything is proved' and pavitra and uppuma keep bluffing endlessly.
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Senior Member Senior Hubber dsath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tamil Research

Quote Originally Posted by bis_mala
    Dear Friends,

Surnames have nothing to do with caste. Do not look at things wearing your "caste spectacles".
    Apologies for the digression. Even though i don't agree with Uppuma in the dating of Tolkappiyam and the genesis of caste system, i agree with him in the issue of how Dalits are mistreated by non Brahmin upper caste Hindus. Most of the South Indian surnames are related to their castes. In Andhra, i have come across some family names as surnames, but in TN surnames are caste names. The Dravidian movement sought to end this practice and most of us in my generation and my parents generation never had surnames, only Initials.
    Uppuma's calim that Dalits were not allowed to contest in panchayat elections is true. Now the history behind this is many panchayats in the Usilampatti Taluk have Dalits as minority. These seats are reserved for the minority i.e., only people from the Dalit community can contest the elections. This was vigorously opposed by the so called upper caste (the irony is that according to the current listing the opposing community comes under Denotified Tribes akka most backward caste). After a tug-of-war lasting more than a decade finally the elections were held.
    http://www.hindu.com/2006/10/16/stor...1608610400.htm
    What followed was a big celebration for 'victory of democracy'
    http://www.hindu.com/2006/11/13/stor...1306760400.htm
    The collector who played an important role is now transferred.
    http://www.hindu.com/2007/03/10/stor...1008070400.htm
    The fact that many suffer in the name of caste even when government has made special provision is a true fact.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber devapriya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

NAN MARAI OF Sangam Literature and Truths

Dear Friends,

Let us Congratualate Dsath for bringing the Truths against the Fradulants of FSG-Bismala.

Dsath for you my next post will deal with dating of Tholkappiyam, whose dating are Unanimous to Uppuma', however I do not agree with every word of abuse by Uppuma.

Many persons with Tendentious motives right books, but their Total concept tend to be no on the Correct side of Truth, i.e., the case with the Fraudulent claims of Aryan and Dravidians coming from outside, and the Truth as I give-Historian M. G. S. Narayanan, who finds in Sangam literature .. ..
    “no trace of another, indigenous, culture other than what may be designated as tribal and primitive.” And concludes :
    “The Aryan-Dravidian or Aryan-Tamil dichotomy envisaged by some scholars may have to be given up since we are unable to come across anything which could be designated as purely Aryan or purely Dravidian in the character of South India of the Sangam Age. In view of this, the Sangam culture has to be looked upon as expressing in a local idiom all the essential features of classical “Hindu” culture. M. G. S. Narayanan, “The Vedic-Puranic-Shastraic Element in Tamil Sangam Society and Culture,” in Essays in Indian Art, Religion and Society, p. 128.

Nilakanta Sastri goes a step further and opines,
    “There does not exist a single line of Tamil literature written before the Tamils came into contact with, and let us add accepted with genuine appreciation, the Indo-Aryan culture of North Indian origin.”

The falsehood of a Separate Tamil NanMarai was well ANALYSED BY Communist Scholar V.Krishnamurthy, and I quote from his article.

தமிழகத்தின் அண்மைக் கால வரலாற்றில் பிராமணர்- பிராமணர் அல்லாதார் இயக்கத்திற்குப் பெரும் பங்கு உண்டு. இதன் தொடக்கத்தைச் சோழர் காலம் தொட்டு காணுதல் கூடும். அக்காலத்தில் பிராமணர்களைப் போன்றே வேளாளர்களும் சமுதாயத்தின் மேல்தட்டில், சாதி ஏணிப்படியில் மேல் இடத்தைப் பெற்று இருந்தனர்.

பிரமதேயம் எனப்படும் நிலங்கள் எவ்வாறு பிராமணர்களுக்கு நிவந்தங்கள் அளிக்கப் பட்டனவோ அவ்வாறே வேளாளர்களுக்கு வெள்ளான் வகை நிலங்கள் மன்னர்களால் அளிக்கப் பட்டன. இது இவ்விரு வகுப்பினரின் மேலாண்மையைக் காட்டுகிறது. இத்தகைய சமூக, பொருளாதார நிலை இவ்விரு சமூகத்தின் இடையே கலாச்சாரப் போட்டியையும் கருத்துப் போராட்டத்தையும் உருவாக்கியது. தத்துவத்துறையிலும் இப்போராட்டம் வெளியாயிற்று. நிலவ்ய்டமை முறைவலுப் பெற்றுவிட்ட பிற்காலத்தில் சைவ நூல்களும் அதனடியாக சைவசித்தாந்தம் தோன்ற்லாயின.

பாரதத்தின் பல்வேறு பகுதிகளில் தத்துவ விசாரணை என்பது பிராமணரின் ஏகபோகமாகத் திகழ்ந்தபோது தமிழகத்தில் வேளாளர்களும் தத்துவ விசாரணையில் ஈடுபட்டனர். அதன் விளைவாகவே தமிழில் சைவசித்தாந்தம் உருவாக்கப் பட்டது.
    ஆங்கிலேயர் வருகைக்குப் பின் இவ்விரு வகுப்பினரிடையே முரண்பாடு மேலும் முற்றியது. அறிவு ஜீவிகளான இம்மேல்தட்டு வகுப்பினரிடையே ஆங்கிலேய அரசுப் பதவிகளில் அமர்வதில் கடும் போட்டி ஏற்பட்டது. இம் முரண்பாடு பிராமணர் எதிர்ப்பௌ இயக்கமாக உருவெடுத்தது, நீதிக்கட்சியில் சங்கமம் அயிற்று. பின்னர் ஆரிய-திராவிட இனப் பாகுபாடாகப் பரிணாமம் பெற்றது.

இவ்வியக்கத்தின் கொள்கைகளை கலாச்சார, சமய மட்டத்தில் பிரச்சார்ம் செய்யும் பணியில் பல பிராமணர் அல்லாத அறிஞர்கள்- குறிப்பாக வேளாளர் சமூகத்தைச் சேர்ந்தவர்கள் ஈடுபட்டனர். அவர்களில் கா.சு.பிள்ளை, மறைமலை அடிகள், சிவராச பிள்ளை போன்றோர் தத்துவத் துறைகளில் பிராமண ஆதிக்கத்தை குறைக்கும் நோக்கோடு தமது ஆய்வுகளை இவர்கள் நடத்தினர்.

ஆனால் சைவ சமய குரவர்களாகிய அப்பர், சம்பந்தர், சுந்தரர் மற்றும் வாசகர் ஆகியோரின் தேவாரம், திருவாசகம் ஆகிய நூல்களில் வேதங்களையும் அந்தணர்களையும் போற்றியிருந்தும், நெடுங்காலாமாகவே அவ்வேதங்களே, தத்துவங்களின் மூல நூல்கள் எனக் கருதப் பட்டு வரும் மரபும் இவ்வறிஞர்களது பணிக்கு இடைஞ்சல் ஆயிற்று.
    " வேறு விதமாக சொல்வதானால் ரிக், யஜுர், ஸாமம், அதர்வணம் அகிய நான்கு வேதங்களும் ஆரியர்களின் படைப்புகளே என்ற உண்மையும், பிராமண்ர்களே காப்பாளர்கள் என்ற யதார்த நிலையும் அவர்களது நோக்கிற்கு இடையுறாக வந்தது.

இந்த இடையூறை கடக்க முன்பு எப்போதும் இல்லாத புது கொள்கைகளை நீதிக்கட்சியின் கருத்துக்காவலர்களாகிய இந்த அறிஞர்கள் (கா.சு.பிள்ளை, மறைமலைஅடிகள், சிவராசபிள்ளை) உருவாக்கினர். அதாவது வேதங்கள் என்றும் மறை நூல்கள் என்றும், சைவ குரவர்களால் குறிப்பிடப்படுபவை வடமொழி வேதங்கள் அல்லவென்றும், வடமொழி வேதங்கள் தோன்றுவதற்கு முன்பே தமிழில் வேதங்கள் தோன்றி விட்டன என்றும் அவற்றை கண்ட வடமொழியார், தெளிவாக சொல்வதானால் பிராமணர்கள் அவற்றை வடமொழியில் பெயர்த்துக் கொண்டார்கள் என்றும் கூறத் தலைப் பட்டனர். அவ்வாறாயின் அத்தமிழ் வேதங்கள் இன்று உள்ளனவா என்ற வினாவிற்கு அவை கடல்கோளால் அழிந்துபோயின என்றும் அவர்கள் கூறினர். எக்கூற்றுக்கள் முற்றிலும் வரலாற்று விரோதமானவை; விஞ்ஞானபூர்வ மற்றவை என அறிஞர்களால் தள்ளப் பட்டன, என்றாலும், அவற்றின் தாக்கம் இன்று வரை தமிழக மக்களிடையே நீடித்திருக்கிறது எனின் மிகையாகாது. – பக் 52-53; ஆய்வு வட்டக் கட்டுரைகள்.;வெ.கிருஷ்ணமூர்த்தி

தமிழில் எழுதப்பட்ட வேதங்கள் அல்லது நான்மறை நூல் (ரிக், யஜூர், சாம, அதர்வண வேதங்களின் தமிழ் மூல நூல்கள்) கடல் கோளில் அழிந்து போயின என்றாலும் அவற்றின் பெயர்கள் முறையே தைத்திரீயம்; பௌடிகம்,தலவகரம்; அதர்வணம் ஆகும் என கா.சு.பிள்ளை, தனது நூல்களில் குறிப்பிட்டுள்ளார்.

இந்த நான்மறைகள் எவை என விளக்கத் “திரு நான்மறை விளக்கம்” என்ற நூலையே கா.சு.பிள்ளை எழுதியிருக்கிறார். தமது கூற்றை நிருபிக்க தொல்காப்பியத்தில் பாயிர உரையில் நச்சினார்க்கினியர் கூறியுள்ள விளக்கத்தை ஆதாரமாகக் காட்டுகிறார்.

இது குறித்து “கா.சு. பிள்ளையின் ஆய்வுமுறை” என்ற எனது கட்டுரையில் ஏற்கனவே நான் ஆராய்ந்துள்ளேன். இக்கட்டுரையில் தமிழ் வேதங்கள் எனக்
    கா.சு. பிள்ளையால் குறிப்பிடப்பட்டுள்ள பவுடிகம் தைத்திரீயம்; தலவகரம் ஆகியவை யாவை என்றும் இவைகள் உண்மையில் தமிழ்வேதங்கள் தானா என்றும் ஆராய்வோம்.( இப்பெயர்களே தமிழ்ச் சொற்கள்தானா என்பது வேறு விஷயம்).

The Author analyses the above names usage in Tamil Old Lit, and finds the earliest in a Copper Plate Grants called as “Parvathiva sekara puram copper plates” issued by Aay King Kokkarunan Thadakkan giving Paddy Grants to the Practices of Paviziyam, Thaththiriyam and Thalavarkarams. This Pandiyan Copper Plate is earlier than Nachinaarkiniyar writing the Commentary for Tholkappiyam.

Communist Scholar Mr.V.Krishnamurthy then goes on to analsyse these with the Assistance of S.C.Bannerji’s “Dharma Sutras- A study in that Origin and Development” and finds from Veda developed Samhitas and Sutras.
    · Paviziyam refers to Apasthamba Sutra from Yajur Vedic School.
    · Thaththiriyam is from Yajur Vedic School, i.e., Thaththiriya Prmana- and its brach Vaikaana dharma Sutra
    · Thalavarkara is from Sama Veda School,, referring Gowthama Dhara Sutra.

Finally Concludes- எல்லாவற்றிற்கும் மேலாக தமிழில் நான்கு வேதங்கள் வடமொழி வேதங்களுக்கு முன்னரே இருந்தன எண்றும் அவை முறையே பவுடிகம், தலவாகரம், தைத்ரேயம் மற்றும் அதர்வணம் எண்றும் கா.சு.பிள்ளை போன்ற தமிழ் வேத ஆர்வாளர்கள் கூற்று அர்த்தமற்றது எனவும் துணியலாம். THIS ARTICLE COMES IN Page 51-65. அ

For the benefit of friends, earlier some Scholars tried to claim that Nanmarais referred to Tamil – அறம், பொருள், இன்பம் மற்றும் வீடு, but all this fell flat when TholKappiayam was shown
    *ýÀÓõ ¦À¡ÕÙõ «ÈÛõ ±ýÈ¡íÌ
    «ý¦À¡Î Ò½÷ó¾ ³ó¾¢¨½ ÁÕí¸¢ý
    ¸¡Áì Üð¼õ ¸¡Ïõ ¸¡¨Ä
    Á¨È§Â¡÷ §¾±òÐ ÁýÈø ±ð¼Ûû
    Ð¨È «¨Á ¿ø ¡úò Ш½¨Á§Â¡÷ *Âø§À.1 ¸ÇÅ¢Âø

Now for the benefit of Doubters who have been always cheated by ThaniTamil movement Scholars- Devaneya Pavanar in his book “Oppiyan Mozhi Nuul” written in 1939, has analysed the same and came to the same conclusion, of the fact that Nachinarkiniyar claim of Tholkappiyam being written before Vedas being written is just a wrong Prideful claim and the names Paviziyam, Thaththiriyam, Thalavarkarams and Atharvanam are Part of Indian Vedas. Devanyan when this Meaningless book of KA.SU.Pillai- “ThiruNanMarai Vilakkam” raised a controversy has to give clarification

நால்வேதம் அல்லது நால்மறை, ஆரங்கம் ஆகமம் என்பன எல்லாம் ஆரிய நூல்களே என்பதும், திருக்குறள் தவிர இப்போதுள்ள பண்டை நூல்களெல்லாம் அந்தணர் என்பதும் பிரமணரையே குறிக்கும் என்பது சரியே.
    பக்க- 102 தமிழர் மதம்.தேவநேயன்.

Many Superstitions go when the Light of Truth by Real Research is brought, and Shouting from Roof Tops the Old Lies repeatedly would only show these with meaningless Superstitions and their Insanity to the World.

Senior Member Senior Hubber dsath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NAN MARAI OF Sangam Literature and Truths

Quote Originally Posted by devapriya
    [tscii]Dear Friends,

Let us Congratualate Dsath for bringing the Truths against the Fradulants of FSG-Bismala.
    My post was not to discredit FSG, Sivamala (or anyone else) but a response to the on going discussion about surname linked to caste names and the caste related evils that exist even today.
    Please go ahead with your discussions regarding the topic as i feel there is a lot to learn from all of your posts.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast