Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: upmas

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tharuna,

This is more like a khichidi types, but because it uses lapsi rava we call it an upma. I don't use any particular quantities, except for the proportion of rava:water which is 1:2. The method is as follows:

Lapsi Rava Upma

Grind a handful of corriander, couple of chillies, ginger, garlic (optional) and salt to a paste.

Fry the lapsi rava if desired. Reserve. Heat oil in a cooker. Add pattai, lavang. When they burst, add finely sliced onion and saute until golden brown. Add some ginger garlic paste and fry well. Add chopped tomatoes and fry well. Add assorted chopped veggies (carrots/beans/potatoes/cauliflower/peas etc). Fry well. Add the (washed) rava and as much of the ground paste as desired. Add salt to taste. Add the required quantity of water and pressure cook for 2-3 seeties (like you would for rice).

When the cooker cools down, open it and sprinkle some lemon juice on the upma. Mix well and serve hot garnished with chopped corriander. If desired can add some ghee on top before eating.

This upma does not require any side dish as it is quite flavourful on it's own as well. You can also add some pudhina leaves while frying the veggies for some additional flavour.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dev
    Quote Originally Posted by bingleguy
    I love Puli Uppumaa !
    BG, vendaam... neenga yerkanave arai puli kulambai pathi sollitu kaanamal poiteenga(in tanjavur reecipes)...naan innum athuku recipe thedikittu iruken...ippo puli upma veraya!!!... muthalla arai puli kulambu recipe-aa post pannunga...
    idhu dhaan unga kobathukku kaaranamaa ? seri seri ... neenga inga vareenga illa ... appo ungalukku samaiche kodukkiren dont worry
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dev
    I love Puli Uppumaa !
    BG, vendaam... neenga yerkanave arai puli kulambai pathi sollitu kaanamal poiteenga(in tanjavur reecipes)...naan innum athuku recipe thedikittu iruken...ippo puli upma veraya!!!... muthalla arai puli kulambu recipe-aa post pannunga...
    idhu dhaan unga kobathukku kaaranamaa ? seri seri ... neenga inga vareenga illa ... appo ungalukku samaiche kodukkiren dont worry
    ... ok ok...Bg-na BG thaan...

But recipe-aa kudutheengana innum santhosa paduven...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sure !

but actually someobody else had also given the receipe for Arai Puli kuzhambu, if i remember correctly ! appuram naan vera edhukku thaniyaa tharanum :P

Dev, unga PM check pannunga !
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    sure !

but actually someobody else had also given the receipe for Arai Puli kuzhambu, if i remember correctly ! appuram naan vera edhukku thaniyaa tharanum :P

Dev, unga PM check pannunga !
    Ilali, I only saw recipes for iru puli kulambu...

I've replied to ur PM...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is Lapsi Rawa?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12