Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: music inside mind...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel it does happens ...

Certain music, which has made u feel the moment will continue to linger u, whenever u face such kind of moments !
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber swathy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It happens to me arr.
    pala
    vedikkai manidharaip pole - naan
    veezhve nendru ninai thayo?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My mind is very close to me..in fact it is my best friend and companion and i do most of my understanding...thoughts or whateva in it..and it makes up for my introvertiveness and the lack of close friends. And funnily there is a jukebox in my mind too...for every thinking i do i play a song related to it...if im thinking abt injustice pavithranaya saaguna song plays..very interesting experience..

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    dont worry..even i have similar prob..or habit or whatever you may call it ..sometimes i dont even realise i am in a public place but i'll start singing any song that comes to my mind...but not too bad..people say i can sing well..so that helps in a way that i dont embarass myself..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Ghlli's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    its maybe because ur a music lover...i'm guessing from ur ID and avatar....
    Quote Originally Posted by arr
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghlli
    well sometimes if i listen to a song...it sticks to my mind and doesn't manage to get out of my head for like 2-3 days...at home i sign teh song out loud...and at skl i dnt pay attention to class and tht song just plays over and over agains...its soo weird...2day i was listening to ava ulaga alagiyae from lesa lesa....omg its stuck in my head, i cant get it out!
    well that happens to you when u hear a nice song...
    but for me, its happening all the time...
    24/7

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ghilli,
    It happens to me everyday and sometimes these are songs and tunes from languages that I do not understand (Tamil and Hindi). There are some speculative theories about the hold of music on us; see for example Robin Dunbar's "The Human Story". There is a more recent book " The singing Neanderthals; the origins of music, language, mind and body" by Steven Mithen. I have not read it yet but I read his earlier "The Prehistory of Mind" which was speculative but very interesting.
    Swarup

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    arr...the mind is a very complex and powerful entity on its own...the mind keeps whatever things we see or hear or interact with in its database till death. You may think you may have forgotten certain memories but it can be refreshed at times where there is a similar instance to that memory. As for songs playing in your mind...usually when a person is thinking of something or udnergoing some emotion during his thoughts..the mind tends to accompany it with a sort of music or in other words making that thought lively. Usually this depends on how interactive and musically inclined the person is....if the person relates to things with sound and not just visual then such songs playing in our mind is very likely to happen.

Emotions are also another form where the mind enlivens it with our memories of a song. When we are trying hard to describe a emotion or trying to visualise it...the mind supports it with playing a "song" very similar to the emotion or related to it and this results in you getting songs in your mind. This is not a unnatural phenomenon and is very common amongst humans....it just depends on how desriptive a human is in his/her thinking and emotions.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Ghlli's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yaa mee too! when i was around 6 years old at french class we learn a french song...sometimes it just randomly goes of in my head and i still dont know what it means a few hindi songs, french songs n stuff stick to my mind, a few chineese songs too!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaddeswarup
    Ghilli,
    It happens to me everyday and sometimes these are songs and tunes from languages that I do not understand (Tamil and Hindi). There are some speculative theories about the hold of music on us; see for example Robin Dunbar's "The Human Story". There is a more recent book " The singing Neanderthals; the origins of music, language, mind and body" by Steven Mithen. I have not read it yet but I read his earlier "The Prehistory of Mind" which was speculative but very interesting.
    Swarup

Senior Member Diamond Hubber madhu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi..

it happens... sometimes even without your knowledge you may hear some music in ur mind.. but 24/7 ? is it same tune always ?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Braandan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope it is not like the 'Pammal K Sambandam' film incident. Some ipod stitched accidentally into your body!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast