Thread: 2006-Admission in professional engineering colleges

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

2006-Admission in professional engineering colleges

Another challenging year 06 for +2 candidates

Come July 06 & there will be rat race for the best of the prof. institutions across the country

with very few options available ( ofcourse more private engg colleges have come now ) where do we stand now ?

Also which amongst the private engg colleges are really worthy ?

Lets discuss

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    CHENNAI: The Justice S.S. Subramani committee has permitted the Consortium of Professional, Arts and Science Colleges in Tamil Nadu to conduct a common entrance test (CET) for admissions to management quota seats for MBA/MCA courses offered by unaided colleges in the State. Justice Subramani, who chairs the official committee to supervise the conduct of the CET for admissions to the unaided professional colleges, and other committee members met the Consortium representatives here on Friday. Later he told newspersons that the consortium had been permitted to hold the CET. The date of the examinations would be announced later.

As for the mode of admissions, Justice Subramani said no decision had yet been taken about holding a single window system.

The Consortium representatives said they presented to the Chairman, copies of judgments of the Supreme Court concerning post-graduate course admissions, which "were a separate category on their own, as different from undergraduate (BE/B.Tech of MBBS/BDS) admissions".

Answering a question, Mr. Justice Subramani reiterated that BE/B.Tech admissions would be made only through the single window system. However, the other details including surrender of seats by the private colleges were being worked out.

Committee members, when queried by presspersons, stated that the government was still discussing the issue of reducing the qualifying marks for engineering admissions.

The Higher Education Minister had last Tuesday stated that the government had received a request for a five per cent reduction in the qualifying marks. Right now, OC candidates require 60 per cent marks in the three key subjects, namely Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry; BC candidates an aggregate of 55, MBC candidates 50 per cent and a SC/SC candidates a pass in Plus Two.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any hubbers on way to entering
    I pray atleast 1 of them are unfortunate enough to join my coll(or Zoo as TV puts it)

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn
    Any hubbers on way to entering
    I pray atleast 1 of them are unfortunate enough to join my coll(or Zoo as TV puts it)
    So, animals are hubbing here How

--------------

Nakeeran,
    I think the problem started during the pre JJ period.. They merged every professional college with ANN UNIV.. (which is a good decision). Then they increased VILLAGE STUDENTS' RESERVATION to 25%

Tremendous hike in fee happened. Lot of confusions followed after the cancellation of entrance exams. Govt will cancel the exams. Court will again cancel GOVT'S ORDER

Worst affected are students
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my period before five years, there were 80 colleges and reservation etc mattered. But nowdays i think with 300 and more engineering colleges, whats the difference betwen having reservations and not having it??
    Anyways, I got my BE admissions in FC quota even if i am an MBC idiot ( got enough marks to get a seat in the General Quota :P so i did not use my MBC quota)