Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Vallavan [2006] - Yuvan Shankar Raja

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inetk
    Thanks for the review. Visiting Uriah Heep's again... I have
    visited IR-ARR several times but never checked this track. Now I doubt how many MD's knew about your itwofs & findings.

vallavaa ennai vellavaa is good.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "there ain't much talk about Vallavan songs in tfmpage.. probably nothing special to talk about.."

If you consider talks in tfmpage will reflect the success/failure of an album, every album of your MD should be a tremendous success...But the reality at the ground is different. So no need to worry
    'யுவன் இன்றி ஓரணுவும் அசையாது!'

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have not yet heard this album. I hope it will happen soon. I

Senior Member Devoted Hubber rashid2raj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJudge
    If you consider talks in tfmpage will reflect the success/failure of an album, ...
    Eppo sonnan.. ????????????? I jus claimed that there wasn't much talk about much hyped songs.. I didn't say words such as succes/failure.. Why do you fabricate ??
    Anbe unnaal manam freezing, adada kadhal endrum amazing B-)

Post Thanks / Like
    rashid2raj,

Sorry, I apologize. bit carried away.

"probably nothing special to talk about.."

My intention was to point out that you cannot solely rely on tfmpage's discussion to weigh things.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Loosu penne, vallava, hip hip hooray are very good songs.

Loosu penne is the highlight of the album. it is an extraordibnary number. intha pattin tune en manathil reengaramidugirathu. I repeatedly hearing this song in my system.
    Rap bit in the slightly pathos based melody is something new.
    rap bit by blaaze is simply amazing.
    it is in the league of "kannai vittu" from pattiyal.
    I expected from yuvan like this songs.

Vallava is the melody number with techno beat.

hip hip hooray is the grand muscial catchy tune. but yuvan could have improved the BGM of this song. fine tuning is missing in this song.

podu attambodu, yammadi are the numbers that are influenced by simbu.
    But why Yuvan is accepting to do in the level of srikanth deva? i am disappointed with these songs. even though this songs having better tunes.
    Hit of the songs in the market is different. quality is different.

podu attamam podu is very noisy. definitely yuvan could have fine tuned the BGM of this song. Yuvan should give the kuttu songs like "thippidikka","nattu saraku". that are decent numbers.

yammadi is the very good kuttu tune. but TR spoiled that song with his high pitched throat. another disappointing.

I hate remixes of yuvan even though "kadhal vanthiruchu" has catcy rhytms and very good rap bit.

Simply commerical musical album with exceptional number "Loosu penne".
    --

Post Thanks / Like
    ‘Vallavan’ Music: Yuvan has proved once again!!

Nine songs!! Phew! Vallavan might be embroiled in a series of controversies, but they have managed to release their audio. Going by the number of songs (six, two theme songs), curiosity about this film is only on the rise. We have heard some better songs of Yuvan, though Vallavan is definitely above average. Here is what we think about all the songs:

Podu Attampodu (Vijay Yesudas)

This is a typical “kuthu” song, that has now come to become an indelible part of any film. A song that epitomizes the happy-go-lucky mentality of a teenager, where idealism runs high and the hunger to win, no matter what, is the mantra of this song.

The song is peppy, though reminds one of a lot of other similar numbers.

A lot of scope for Simbu to prove his prowess yet again as a dancer – fast, racy, packed with attitude, and perhaps, the perfect introductory song for Simbu and his character in the film – if we are to go by the brief storyline that are doing rounds today. Vijay Yesudas sounds different, giving the song that added punch.

Loosu Penne (Silambarasan, Blaaze)

With India’s most-sought after rapper Blaaze in the song, don’t expect too much of a rap number. The song has a slow beat throughout, and is an all out romantic number. A song that can easily be visualized as the hero pining for his lady love. Simbu has sung a few lines in the song as well, and actually shows promise as a singer. Blaaze, though, has been used very differently in this song, with not so much rap as there is melody.

The song undoubtedly has a hip-hop feel to it, and Yuvan, has proved once again, that he is definitely a new generation music director. In this song, he captures the essence of a young man singing his unrequited loved for a girl, and has used the “Blaaze” effect to his advantage. This is the kind of song to sink into when alone, and will definitely be on of the chart toppers from the film.

Vallavan – theme music

Definitely one of the best in the album – the theme music is catchy, brings out the essence of the film perfectly. A little bit of mystery, a little adventure, a few thrills, and a pace that will keep you asking for more. The theme music illustrates Yuvan’s perfect understanding of the script, at least, as far as the music goes. Now whether the scenes and visuals in the film complement that is to be seen. Literally!

Hip Hip Hurrey (Karthik, Sunitha Sarathy)

The beginning bit of the music is reminiscent of the Final Countdown refrain by the group, Toto. A song that brings to light the arrogance (perhaps) that comes with the will to overcome anything in life. The lyrics talk about the antics a student usually indulges in while at school, and takes it a step further playing out the “I don’t care attitude”. Again a fast paced song, not so much on the kuthu number lines though.

Karthik’s voice sounds refreshing, after having heard him in innumerable melody songs, and Sunitha, as always, fits the “western” element in the song to a T. The song, on the whole, is very average. A tune that will slip your mind pretty soon.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/...ic-review.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Success of Love

There is a slightly comic feel to this tune, more along the lines of being mischievous and naughty. Short and simple, more as a recording bit than as something that can actually be heard as part of the tape. But it goes beyond our imagination on why this tune was named Success of Love?!!

Vallava (Sunidhi Chauhan)

Finally a song from the female perspective! Sunidhi Chauhan’s voice is extremely powerful in this song, and is in fact, the saving grace of the song. It is much along the lines of a “Manmadhane” song from the film Manmadha, in terms of the feel and the lyrics of the song. Clearly someone who is besotted by the “Vallava” is singing this song – can very well imagine montage shots of Simbu and the woman in question in a series of “cute” scenes.

An extremely typical song, offers nothing new, and sounds like a mixture of a host of earlier Yuvan numbers.

Kadhal Vandhiduchu (Silambarasan)

In this age of remixes of old Tamil songs, here is another one. From the Kamal Hassan starrer, Japanil Kalyanaraman, this song is a remix of the hugely popular song, “Kadhal Vandiduchu”, sung by Kamal Hassan himself in a caricatured voice. In many ways, this is probably Simbu’s imitation of the stalwart, in terms of choosing Kamal’s song, singing it himself and in the same style.

Like we mentioned earlier, Simbu clearly shows promises as a singer a la Kamal Hassan. As a remix, it is interesting. Yuvan has retained much of its original feel, giving it just a few extra beats, and his trademark rap lines in English in the song. Definitely one that will be one of the chart busters. A fun, happy song.

Club Mix of Loosu Penne (G Prem and Simbu)

Pretty much a remix of the original Loosu Penne song in the film sans Blaaze. Personally, we prefer the original which had a nice feel to it, though this will be a favourite in discotheques in the city.

Yammadi Aathaadi (T Rajendar, Silambarasan, Suchitra, Mahathi)

Father and son team up for this song, which is again a kuthu song – extremely fast paced and racy. Nothing to say on the lyrics, a typical masala song. After a long time, one gets to hear T Rajendar singing a song, and he pretty much sounds the same.

Again a lot of scope for Simbu to show his dancing skills… one now wonders if T Rajendar will be making a guest appearance for this song? Not one of the best in the film, a very average song. Both in terms of the music and the lyrics.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/...-review-1.html

Senior Member Devoted Hubber rashid2raj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJudge
    rashid2raj,

Sorry, I apologize. bit carried away.

"probably nothing special to talk about.."

My intention was to point out that you cannot solely rely on tfmpage's discussion to weigh things.
    Anbe unnaal manam freezing, adada kadhal endrum amazing B-)

Post Thanks / Like
    After listening to Vallavan a few more times, i think it has more mass appeal than Manmadhan. Loosu penne, vallava for class and podu, ammadi for mass! It has a right balance for both sections.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast