Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Writer Kamal Haasan

Post Thanks / Like
    The kamal poem on agni-seetha is only to be expected from an "atheist" like him.

He dares to portray Lord rama who is worshipped by miilions in a derogatory manner.

Will he dare do it to any other religion?

That is 'atheism" in india for U.

(I am not pro-hindutva. I say this bcos many guys would at once jump & brand me a s por-hindutva, communal etc.,)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smith1
    The kamal poem on agni-seetha is only to be expected from an "atheist" like him.

He dares to portray Lord rama who is worshipped by miilions in a derogatory manner.

That is 'atheism" in india for U.

(I am not pro-hindutva. I say this bcos many guys would at once jump & brand me a s por-hindutva, communal etc.,)
    vidunga smith, u neednt agree to kamalhassan's view of hinduism and hindus.........kamal's credentials as a social thinker is .......summa comic book padikkara madhiri idha ellam padichittu poga vendiyadhudhaan ...

btw story super, aana agni sita kitta pesina edhaavadhu footage irukka - i mean any audio,video clips? -> enna koduma sir idhu
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    aana agni sita kitta pesina edhaavadhu footage irukka - i mean any audio,video clips?
    Modhalla Sita-nu yaravudu irukanganu, oru footage irukka? apram Agni pathi pappom! yenna kodumai da saami!

That aside, welcome back Maddy

Post Thanks / Like
    There has been a lot of scholarly debate about RamAyaNam through the ages. People who dismiss it completely or worship it blindly both miss worlds. It is exactly latitude for imagination and interpretation that makes the Epics eternal.

Hindu Puranic tales lend themselves to different perspectives for analyses.The murder of Vali, is one of the most interesting pattimandram topics, with KambarAmAyaNam scholars like Nellai Kannan, presenting subtleties in the point of view. And many times the decision was condemning Lord Rama. In this sense, it is a continuation of a literary tradition.

Though I acknowledge he is more eager about Hinduism bashing, it is not correct to say he has not dared to bash other religions in his writings.

மருமுறை வருவதாய் சொல்லி
    மாய்நதவர் வந்ததே இல்லை
    தொடர்வது நாமே/ நாளை வருவது
    வேரொறு ஆளே

(from the title song in Hey ! Ram - lyrics by Kamal)

A frontal attack on any religion that is built on a saviour prophecy: this includes, if not directed at, the Abrahamic religions.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
    I will let you pass through me, to your selfish Rama. As a result of this consummation that was not, I will bear a daughter in your form and name her Draupadi. Is that acceptable to you?" I asked her tenderly.

Her eyes shined with tears on hearing this. "Never have I felt a love like this, nor have I seen a man like you. It won't happen in the future too. After I walk out of your embrace, I would live on our memories alone. My chastity will go rotten in a country ruled by people like Rama. I will leave that with you, as my marriage gift to our daughter Draupadi". With those words she walked out my embrace, never looking back.
    So finally..sita lost her chastity to Agni...isnt dat ridiculous thing 2 say?

dis is just another rhetoric...nothing special...i m sad dat ulaganaygan wrote dat

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    evLo aLahaa eLutheerkaaru, ithukku pOy muttikkittu!!!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber madhu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    evLo aLahaa eLutheerkaaru, ithukku pOy muttikkittu!!!
    PP akka.. adhu sila pEr manasukku kashtamA irukkidhilla.. ?
    ramanum seethaiyum namma ellArukkum urimaiyanavangathAnE !

ezhudhum urimai kamal avargaLukku uNdu..
    adhai padithu vittu either or urimai namakku illaiyA enna ? :P

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    athu sarithaan! Either rave or suvaththula muttify! Only 2 extremes! Great!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    prabhu,
    Kamal (or for that matter) any atheist in India has not had the guts to criticise any other religion but hinduism.

They may have an odd word here & there, that's it.

Read kamal's latest article on an islamic place of worship in AV & U will know.

I have absolutely no problems with atheists. But atheist here are selective, that's the problem.

They know what happened to salman rushdie.

Post Thanks / Like
    AFAIK,
    Kamal is a rationalist more than being a atheist.

IMO rational thinking leads to atheism.

Hinduism is the easier target for atheists, as its much older and mythical than other religions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast