Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: thinamum oru vaarthai

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Aalha-vandhaar (¬ÇÅó¾¡÷) was a newly-carved Tamil-Tiltle of Honour bestowed by the Chola-Queen. on a wise boy named "Yamunai- thurhaivan" (ÂÓ¨Éò-ШÈÅý) for winning in a Debate with a Great Scholar considered invincible.

Similar to the case of "Sri Ramalinga-Adihalh"... who is easily identified by the people just by his Title-of-Honour as "Valhlhalaar" (ÅûÇÄ¡÷) and ....

... like... "Sri Mohandas Gandhi" is easily identified as "Mahaathma-Gandhi" or even just "Mahaathma" by his Title given by the Indian-people...

The Boy Yamunaiththurhaivan is easily identified by means of his popular Title ..."Aalhavandhaar(¬ÇÅó¾¡÷)"

He subsequently became further Great Vaishnhava-Scholar... and one of his Disciples was Sri Ramanujacharya.

There is an interesting Episode behind the origin of this Title.... which I will post under the relevant Thread... "Thamizh- Thulhihalh (¾Á¢ú-ÐÇ¢¸û)" ... to-morrow the 19th instant.
    Most INVALUABLE TREASURE is.. Time.
    Spend it MEANINGFULLY Spread effectively.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber xlntbarani's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

need

Hi all..

I need pure tamil wors for the below listed word...

prefac, abstract, introduction, critics, aims, objectives, materials, methods, procedure, analysis, observation, findings, results, discussion, conclusion, decision, determination, drive(will power), design, deployment, development, reference, review of literature, tables, figures, illustration, statistics, psychology, philosophy, thinking, sinking, winking...

Thank you all for doing this favor...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: need

Quote Originally Posted by xlntbarani
    Hi all..

prefac, abstract, introduction, critics, aims, objectives, materials, methods, procedure, analysis, observation, findings, results, discussion, conclusion, decision, determination, drive(will power), design, deployment, development, reference, review of literature, tables, figures, illustration, statistics, psychology, philosophy, thinking, sinking, winking...

why no one answer to this qs??

or this thread closed?

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Preface - Òò¾¸õ / ¸ð Ψà / «È¢Ó¸Á¡¸ «¨ÁÂõ À̾¢

Abstract - ̨ÈÅ¡É Å¡÷ò¨¾¸Ç¢ø ¸Õò¨¾ ¦ÅÇ¢ôÀÎòÐÅÐ

Introduction - «È¢Ó¸õ / «È¢Ó¸ À̾¢

Critics (Critical review/ Assessment / Criticism) -

´ÕÅ÷ /´ýÈ¢ý §Áø ¿øÄ «õºí¸¨Ç ̨ȸ¨Ç Å¢Á÷º¢òÐ ¸Õò¨¾ ¦ÅÇ¢ôÀÎòÐÅÐ / Á¾¢ôÀ¢ÎÅÐ

Aims - ÌȢ째¡û / «¨¼Â ¿¢¨ÉìÌõ þÄìÌ / þÄðº¢Âõ

Post Thanks / Like
    Preface «È¢Ó¸ ¯¨Ã
    Abstract - ÍÕì¸õ

Introduction - «È¢Ó¸ À̾¢

Critics (Critical review/ Assessment / Criticism) -
    Å¢Á÷ºÉõ Á¾¢ôÀ¢Î

Aims - ÌȢ째¡û / þÄìÌ / þÄðº¢Âõ

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: need

Quote Originally Posted by xlntbarani
    Hi all..

correct me if I am wrong...

procedure - vazhi muraigal
    findings - kandu pidipugal
    conclusion - mudivu
    drive - mana urudhi
    development - munnetram
    discussion - kalandhuraiaadal

Post Thanks / Like

unable to read the tamil here

How to read the tamil fonts here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys,

I am a newcomer to this forum and I can see that many of u r looking for proper Tamil words for their English equivalents. There is a Srilankan dictionary online which gives the Tamil and Sinhalese equivalents for the corresponding English words. That seems to be good. Try this link.

http://www.lanka.info/dictionary/EnglishToSinhala.jsp

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear friends

Some of my observations in this thread.

Naru mukai = Naru+mukai- Naaru - like a 'nar' - seppanidappatta,Alagiya- nariya,naru,narum- ('vinaithokai' specifies three tenses past,present,future - means 'everpresent beauty'-

Mukai= mukku-mugilzh-mukai- means malar- flower.

'Adi' and 'padi' have same root means 'replica'- that is 'ontrai pola matrontru'- All words pertaining to this meaning will have adi or padi.

Sheethai is from tamil seerthai-Seer+thi- Seer means 'alagiya','seppanidappatta'.Compare the word 'seeththapazham'(a fruit) in south india: means 'alagiya-saththulla pazham. The word 'Saththu'-stuff is also from 'seerthu'.

Ratha is from tamil Erathai evolved from Eravu+thai= Erathai. Compare the word Eravanan-Eravu+vannan,Eraththiri-Raththiri etc.

Kotha is from tamil Kothai= Ko+thai- Ko means King/Queen/who topples.

Refer English - Tamil dictionary published by University of Madras to get min. 25 equivalent tamil words for an English word.

Ragamalica- Ragam- erakam - Eraku - Like eraku Unique thing with different varieties

Malikai- mali+kai = mali- 'malinthiruthal' means lot of, direct meaning is lower price which in turn means highest supply.
    Compare the words having the same root, Thanga maligai & maligai-provisional store which means lot of things present in that place.

f.s.gandhi
    "Kal thonri man thontra kalathay mun thonri mootha kudi"- a second century literature- means when before stone became sand in earth the tamil tribes were formulated

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear friends,

We can change the heading of this thread as 'Naalthorum oru chol' which intensifies the reviving the old words.

'Naal' is older than 'thinam' and 'Chol' is older than 'Vaarththai'

I mean the 'Naal' & Chol are 2000 yrs old. Others are 1000 yrs old.

f.s.gandhi
    "Kal thonri man thontra kalathay mun thonri mootha kudi"- a second century literature- means when before stone became sand in earth the tamil tribes were formulated

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast