Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do women like their men doing domestic work?

Senior Member Regular Hubber Cygnus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Firstly, blahblah, apologies accepted, I did not see your message when I posted my reply

Secondly, Shekhar, your explanation of the 'humorous remark' is appreciated. I often don't see the humor in such comments that refer to "poor husbands" in the context of the wife being an equal in the marital relationship. On the other hand, "poor wives" are not meant to be funny but are only used to denote serious issues. The fact that words such as "uxorious" and "hen-pecked" have to be coined for a doting and considerate husband when no such equivalent terms exist for a loving and devoted wife, is beyond my comprehension. So, there are limitations to the love extended to a wife by her husband but not vice-versa

I do tend to over react sometimes given that I have seen quite a few instances where the "humor" has been un-called for, so there...

Without the kind of self-assertion that comes with the unique set of experiences in one's life, one cannot declare being proud of what he/she is, so I can't be just proud of being born a woman, although I should say that growing up with only brothers and no sisters made me wish I had been a boy, certainly not any more

Roshan, thank you for the formal intro. I have indeed, read Shekhar's discussions in the ulagam thread and elsewhere.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekhar
    Hi Roshan,

It's a pity you all drove me out of Ulgam thread!
    Hey!!! When did we do that and how can we do that to you Shekhar? We'd love to see you there, with your excellent humour and pearls of wisdom. Please do drop in when ever possible

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    No No Roshan, you didn't do anything intentionally. You all went on and on in swahili and I quietly left.

Cygnus,

We all see what we want to see. We believe the partial truths that we have seen, as the complete truth. That's why being a bit cynical about hard perspectives helps us in exposing our mind to broader realities.
    I spice my remarks with humour because I want to erase ego and add tentativeness to my vision of life, so that it doesn't hurt anybody.
    Forumhub is an opportunity for us to open up our closed minds and broaden our horizons. But instead we foolishly fritter away this opportunity by involving in assertions of our own views derived on limited life experiences.
    a smile takes you a mile

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi B or C dolf Hitler,If you don't want to iron or wash,simply don't do that .Why should you burn your on shirt Doing some domestic work and cooking etc.. is for people who really want to do it 8) and who really want to see less working load on their women.
    "It was the inaction of those who could have acted,the indifference of those who should have known better,the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered the most, that made it possible for evil to triumph"-[Hailey Gabricelassie]

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    XYZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear er...Hilter ,I didn't see that misplaced 'L' .Any way I think you have got a case too. Proceed.
    "It was the inaction of those who could have acted,the indifference of those who should have known better,the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered the most, that made it possible for evil to triumph"-[Hailey Gabricelassie]

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdolf Hilter
    It is HILTER and not that DELETEDevil Führer
    Ahaa!!
    Yet another OPITICAL ILLUSION

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am Bachelor. Is it really so tough to lead a married life.

Any tips

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Sandeep,

Getting into marriage is like getting into a circus. Whether you become a trapeze artist, or a joker or a handy man depends upon you and your luck! More skillful you are, better are your chances of survival
    a smile takes you a mile

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sandeep,May be Shekhar has his own experience .From my experience,it is anything but a circus.Marriage is the union of two hearts which understand each other .For people who can share and forgive it is sheer bliss and fulfilment of life .For those who are selfish and think their wants should always be satisfied,it may be hard to enjoy the relationship .

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast