Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metallica's influence on TFM

Senior Member Regular Hubber Bipolar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Metallica's influence on TFM

How much influence do you guys think Metallica had on TFM? I think all our composers beginning with Ilayaraja have been directly or indirectly influenced by them. But then again, there is one Metallica song that sounds as if it was influenced by TFM - "Nothing else matters" - written by James Hetfield, that song has an intro that sounds a bit "Indian" in style, to my ears, at least. Agree/disagree?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ilayaraja influenced by Metallica. Sorry your imagination is far stretched.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow nice topic!!

But I always felt Ozzy (Black Sabbath) influence, Led Zep string arrangements were in some of the songs, but Metallica? i have to see that. But surely listen to Amakalam by Bharadwaj, he had used nice HARD-ROCK/METAL based music to blend with amazing local rythms.

Ninaithale Inikkum's Engayum Eppodhum had Ozzy's, Black Sabbath "Paranoid" had lot of similarities.

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way Bipolar U should probably include (HARD ROCK/METAL) influence rather than Metallica singled out in the topic that gives more scope.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber rashid2raj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I DON'T THINK SO..
    Anbe unnaal manam freezing, adada kadhal endrum amazing B-)

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dunno Metallica, but Rahman's guitar riffs in the interludes of Girlfriend wer so much Aerosmith's style........

Metallica??? i'm really scratching my head for their brand of music in TFM........to a large extent ARR,Bharadwaj had the classical rock / elvis presly kinda rock'n'roll type of songs......but none had a real rock touch in them......

but i wud like to see a hardcore rock album in TFM and see how ppl. wud react to it.....maybe ARR can try it for sakkarakatti.......
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Maddy,
    Amarkalam had gr8 riffs that sounded somewhere like "Rage against Machine" but not metallica.

Girlfriend was not Aerosmith style in my opinion, Girlfriend was more close to "Third Eye Blind".

Anyways,in my opinion the people who tried hardrock was MSV in ninaithale inikkum (Ozzy Paranoid and Engayum Eppothum) and also Bharadwaj in amarkalam. I have not seen IR influenced by HR/METAL

Another key ARR improvisation of a good hard rock/metal composition I felt is in Dil-Se song -> which had riffs very similar to Ozzy's "No more Tears" and "Mama I am coming Home"

Post Thanks / Like
    Maddy,
    I just watched RDB, the BGM is one that sets the movie apart, i could not believe the Metal influence in this, ARR took very key effort in the BGM to infuse cool Hard rock string arrangements (it looks more like a bridge Dire Straits and Peter Frampton and here and there of Jimmy Hendrix, the drums looked more vintage British Metal especially Iron Maiden).
    I am happy to listen to gr8 music.

Senior Member Regular Hubber Bipolar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, thanks for the response so far, even if it seems I'm wrong about influence by hard rock/metal groups... I'm wondering, if any of you guys would be interested in trying this: try writing Tamil lyrics to Metallica's Unforgiven II, can anyone do that? And then, there's a few other things ideas I have (I'll be posting further on TFMpage's sister page, ForumHub) that I'd like to suggest to people, I'd like to see how it goes...
    "The best form is no form." - Bruce Lee

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    MIL,

Have you ever listened to IR's 'Rasiganae En arugil Vaa' from Manipoor maamiyaar. I thought it was hardrock/heavy metal song. listen to it and let me know
    http://www.tamilsongs.net/page/build...aar/index.html
    and also songs like 'Sing Swing' from Moodupani and 'Baby o Baby' from Kaali had some hardrock influences rather than being Disco nos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast