Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Is tamil derived from Sanskrit

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudhaama
    The word SANSKRIT ... means...

... a Reformed-Deed... Refined Act ....Improved Version / Form.
    What? Benzin? Sugar?
    Improved version? Improved from what? Improved from which version? Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta,.... which release? Improved by what? Improved with what? With Tamil perhaps? Or did they start with Basic and improved it to Visual Basic perhaps?

Such a name as SANSKRIT was given by the Sages...

... while the Vedas had been taught to them by Lord Brahma... it is believed.
    That means the sages first had to learn Sanskrit to understand Vedas. So, who taught them Sanskrit when Lord Brahma taught them Vedas? I also thought that the House of Lords is in London. I should ask my pussy cat because she had been to London to look at the Queen.

While we are discussing the Greatness of Tamil ... in relation to Sanskrit...

... let not anybody denigrate that another Great Language of India....Sanskrit...

... which has been accepted and highly honoured by the International Linguistic Scholars..
    Ai, Ai, Captain! Your buddies still hold on to the Vedas and Sanskrit though of heavy bombardment.

.. as one more RICH CLASSICAL LANGUAGE originated from India... parallely with Tamil.
    From which hat did you dig it out?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudhaama
    Quote Originally Posted by bis_mala

SRS wrote:

However, nowhere in the Vedas does it say Sanskrit comes from Tamil.
    There is no language by the name of Sanskrit mentioned in Vedas
    The word SANSKRIT ... means...

... a Reformed-Deed... Refined Act ....Improved Version / Form.

Such a name as SANSKRIT was given by the Sages...

... while the Vedas had been taught to them by Lord Brahma... it is believed.

While we are discussing the Greatness of Tamil ... in relation to Sanskrit...

... let not anybody denigrate that another Great Language of India....Sanskrit...

... which has been accepted and highly honoured by the International Linguistic Scholars..

.. as one more RICH CLASSICAL LANGUAGE originated from India... parallely with Tamil.
    I touch on some of the specific points raised.

l
    et not anybody denigrate that another Great Language of India....Sanskrit...
    To say that Tamil is older and to say that 1/3 of Sanskrit is from Drvavidian is not to denigrate Sanskrit. I am just referring to research findings. Why not anyone take it as: "the great language Sanskrit is partly based on another great language Tamil".
    Everyone should be proud that it partly came from Tamil.

Please read my post carefully. You will find that I just summed up the status of researches done and the corollaries and the logical progressions therefrom.

while the Vedas had been taught to them by Lord Brahma... it is believed...........
    This is a religious belief. Not history. I did not touch on this in my last post.
    highly honoured by the International Linguistic Scholars..
    To say how the language derived is not to dishonour it! Anyway, the scholars do not honour it because of any belief in any religious dogma but because of other linguistic features which have nothing to do with the religion.
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to historical facts(Ref-wikipedia) Evidence of Tamil language in Brami script exists in 3BC and the tamil language is given a age of existence around 1500B.C.In comparision
    Sanskrit is supposed to have existed through a proof of 5 BC only.
    Tamil will undisputedly become the oldest language once light on Lemuriya is shed.

Post Thanks / Like

manu

ÁÛ ±ýÈ ¦º¡ø¨Ä ¿¡õ ÀÄÓ¨È §¸ûÅ¢ôÀðÊÕ츢§È¡õ. þ¾ý ¦À¡Õû ±ýÉ ±ýÚ ¬öóÐ, «Ð ¾Á¢úî ¦º¡øÄ¡ ±ýÀ¨¾Ôõ ¸¡ñ§À¡õ.

ÁÛ "application " ±ýÈ ¦À¡ÕÇ¢ø Åó¾¡ø «Ð «ÃÒ ¦Á¡Æ¢î¦º¡ø ±ýÚ ¾Á¢Æ¡º¢Ã¢Â÷ ÜÚÅ÷. ÓŠÄ¢õ Áì¸Ù¼Ûõ ÁüÚõ «ÃÒì¸Ù¼ý ²üÀð¼ Á¾ ÁüÚõ Ž¢¸ò ¦¾¡¼÷À¢É¡Öõ ¾Á¢Æ¢ø «ÃÒî ¦º¡È¸û ÒÌó¾¢Õì¸Ä¡õ ±ýÀ¨¾Ôõ ÁÚôÀ¾ü¸¢ø¨Ä. ¯¾¡Ã½õ: ¬Å½õ ±ýÚ ¦À¡ÕûÀÎõ "¾Š¾¡§Åƒ¤" ±ýÈ ¦º¡ø «ÃÒî ¦º¡ø ±ýÚ ¦¾Ã¢¸¢ÈÐ. "¬ƒ÷" ±ýÀÐõ «í¹É§Á.

¬É¡ø, ÁýÛ¾ø ±ýÈ Å¢¨É¡ø ¾Á¢Æ¢ø ¯ÇÐ. À¡Ã¾¢ À¡ðÊø:

"ÁýÛõ þÁ Á¨Ä ±í¸û Á¨Ä§Â" ±ýÚ ÅÕ¸¢ÈÐ. þ¾üÌ "±ýÚõ Á¡È¡¾" «øÄÐ ¿¢¨Ä¦ÀüÈ" ±ýÚ ¦À¡Õû.

²§¾Ûõ ´Õ ¿¢¨Ä¨Á Á¡È¡Áø þÕôÀ¾ü¸¡¸, «øÄÐ ¿¢¨ÄôÀÎò¾ô ÀΞü¸¡¸ §À¡¼ôÀÎõ Å¢ñ½ôÀõ ±ýÚ ¦À¡Õû ¦¸¡ñ¼¡ø, "ÁÛ" ¾Á¢ú¡øÄ¡¸Ä¡õ. À¢ýÉ÷ «Ð ±øġŨ¸Â¡É Å¢ñ½ôÀí¸¨ÇÔõ ÌÈ¢ìÌÁ¡Ú ŢâòÐ ÅÆí¸ôÀð¼Ð ±ýÚ ¦¸¡ûžüÌ þ¼ÓñÎ.

¬í¸¢Äò¾¢ø ¯ûÇ application ±ýÈ ¦º¡øÖìÌõ Àø§ÅÚ ¦À¡Õû ¯ûÇÉ. «Ð ÅÆí̾ø, ¦ºÂüÀÎòоø, ÓÂüº¢ ±ý¦ÈøÄ¡õ À¢È «÷ò¾í¸Ç¢Öõ ÅÆí¸ôÀÎõ. («ÕòÐ - to feed; «Õò¾õ > «÷ò¾õ, meaning fed into a word; §ÁÖõ, «÷ ±ýÀÐ ´Ä¢ ±ýÚ ¦À¡ÕûÀÎõ ¾Á¢ú§Å÷¡ø ±ýÚ ¦º¡ø¸¢È¡÷ Dr ¦ºªó¾ÃÀ¡ñÊÂý ±ýÛõ ¬öÅ¡Ç÷. «í¹ÉÁ¡Â¢ý «Ð ¦º¡øÄ¢ý ´Ä¢ «øÄÐ ´Ä¢¾Õõ ¦À¡Õû ±ýÚõ ¦¸¡ûžü¸¢¼ÓñÎ. «Ð ¿¢ü¸)

ÁÛ ±ýÀ¾ý ¦À¡Õ¨Çò ¦¾¡¼÷óÐ ¸ÅÉ¢ô§À¡õ.

manu enRa sollai n-Am palamuRai kELvippaddirukkiROm. ithan poruL enna enRu Ayn-thu, athu thamizs sollA enpathaiyum kANpOm.

manu "application " enRa poruLil van-thAl athu arapu mozissol enRu thamizAsiriyar kURuvar. muSlim makkaLudanum maRRum arapukkaLudan ERpadda matha maRRum vaNikath thodarpinAlum thamizil arapus soRakaL pukun-thirukkalAm enpathaiyum maRuppathaRkillai. uthAraNam: AvaNam enRu poruLpadum "thaSthAvEju" enRa sol arapus sol enRu therikiRathu. "Ajar" enpathum angnganamE.

AnAl, mannuthal enRa vinaissol thamizil uLathu. pArathi pAddil:

"mannum imaya malai engkaL malaiyE" enRu varukiRathu. ithaRku "enRum mARAtha" allathu n-ilaipeRRa" enRu poruL.

EthEnum oru n-ilaimai mARAmal iruppathaRkAka, allathu n-ilaippaduththap paduvathaRkAka pOdappadum viNNappam enRu poruL koNdAl, "manu" thamizssollAkalAm. pinnar athu ellAvakaiyAna viNNappangkaLaiyum kuRikkumARu viriththu vazangkappaddathu enRu koLvathaRku idamuNdu.

Angkilaththil uLLa application enRa sollukkum palvERu poruL uLLana. athu vazangkuthal, seyaRpaduththuthal, muyaRsi enRellAm piRa arththangkaLilum vazangkappadum. (aruththu - to feed; aruththam > arththam, meaning fed into a word; mElum, ar enpathu oli enRu poruLpadum thamizvErssol enRu solkiRAr Dr saun-tharapANdiyan ennum AyvALar. angnganamAyin athu sollin oli allathu olitharum poruL enRum koLvathaRkidamuNdu. athu n-iRka)

manu enpathan poruLaith thodarn-thu kavanippOm.
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Post Thanks / Like

light on Lemuria

Quote Originally Posted by jjsranjit
    Tamil will undisputedly become the oldest language once light on Lemuriya is shed.
    Light on Lemuria will be the light on the antiquity of Tamiz. Certainly!!
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Post Thanks / Like

thuvEsham, sthiram

´ÕŨÉò "à" ±ýÚ ÐôÀ¢ ²Í¾§Ä à+ù+²ºõ ±ÉôÀð¼Ð. àüÚ¾ø ±ýÀÐõ þó¾ àÅ¢ý «Êô À¢Èó¾ ¦º¡ø§Ä ¬Ìõ.

à + ²Í + «õ = à§Åºõ > Чźõ > Чńõ. ( à ±ýÚ ÐôÀ¢ ²Í¾ø ).
    ¾¢Èõ > Š¾¢Ãõ. (r and R interchanged in stone inscriptions and this measure was copied by other languages after Sangam age )

oruvanaith "thU" enRu thuppi EsuthalE thU+v+Esam enappaddathu. thURRuthal enpathum in-tha thUvin adip piRan-tha sollE Akum.

thU + Esu + am = thUvEsam > thuvEsam > thuvEsham. ( thU enRu thuppi Esuthal ).
    thiRam > Sthiram.
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Post Thanks / Like

maanthan etc

ÓýÛ¾ø = º¢ó¾¢ò¾ø.

Óý >Áý > Á¡ý (not the animal Á¡ý) This is a rootword.

þó¾ò ¾¢Ã¢Ò¸Ù¼ý ±ôÀÊî ¦º¡ü¸û «¨Áó¾É>

Áý + þ + ¾ý = ÁÉ¢¾ý. (þ ±ýÀÐ þíÌ þ¨½ôÒ ±ØòÐ).

Á¡ý + ¾ý = Á¡ó¾ý. = man.

Á¡ý + þ¼ý = Á¡É¢¼ý. = º¢ó¾¢ìÌõ þ¼ò¾¢Éý.

«ÏÌ = «Õ¸¢ø þÕ, Àì¸ò¾¢ø ¦ºø.

«ñ > «ñÓ¾ø = «Õ¸¢ø ¦ºøÖ¾ø. «ñ > «ñ¨Á.

«ñ > «Û = «Õ¸¢Ä¢ÕôÀÐ, «Îò¾¢ÕôÀÐ.

«ÛÁ¡ý = ÁÉ¢¾ÛìÌ «Õ¸¢ø «øÄÐ «Îò¾¢ÕìÌõ À¢ÈÅ¢.

«ÛÀó¾õ, «ÛºÃ¢ etc evolved from «Û.
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Post Thanks / Like

sogam

¡¸¡Å¡Ã¡Â¢Ûõ ¿¡¸¡ì¸ ±ýÈ ÌÈÇ¢ø "§º¡¸¡ôÀ÷" ±ýÈ ¦º¡ø ¯ûÇÐ. þ¾ý ²Åø Å¢¨É: §º¡¸¡ (§º¡¸¡ò¾ø) ±ýÀ¾¡õ. þ¡øÄ¢ý ¦À¡Õû: §º¡÷×, ÐýÒÚ¾ø.

(§º¡) > §º¡÷ > §º¡÷×.
    (§º¡) > §º¡¸¡ > §º¡¸¡ò¾ø = §º¡÷×, ÐýÒÚ¾ø.
    (§º¡) > §º¡¸õ = §º¡÷×, ÐýÒÚ¾ø.
    (§º¡) > §º¡Ì = a devil (one that gives sorrow).
    (§º¡) > §º¡¨¸ = a disease in which the suffeer feels lethargic. (a blood deficiency disease). §º¡÷×¾Õõ ´Õ §¿¡ö.

§º¡¸õ ±ýÀÐ ¾Á¢ú¡ø.
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    What are the root of the following words?

pushpaanjali
    varNham

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote="Nedunchezhiyan"]What are the root of the following words?

pushpaanjali
    varNham[/quote

pushpaanjali < pushpa(m) + anjali.

The word pushpam is from puu (flower).

puu> puupu > ~ + am > puuppam > pushpam. ]

â + Ò(suffix) = âôÒ + «õ (suffix) > shortered to pushpam

This was one of the words identified early by linguists as borrowed by Sanskrit from Tamil. (S K Chatterji).

«ïºÄ¢ < «¸ï¦ºÄ¢ («¸õ ¦ºøÖ¾ø).

compare: «¸õ + ¨¸ = «¸í¨¸ > «í¨¸.

Usually when ¸ is the second letter in a word, it corrupts and goes missing. The first letter may or may not elongate.

À̾¢ > À¡¾¢.
    Á¢Ì¾¢ > Á£¾¢.

(¦¾¡ÌÐ) > §¾¡Ð (§ÀîÍÅÆìÌ). a chance or occasion that lays hidden for one to use.

Á¸ý > §Á¡ý.
    ¦ÀÕÁ¸ý > ¦ÀÕÁ¡ý. (Á¸ý> Á¡ý in combination with other words).

and so forth. When a corruption in a word is so predictable, it is said to become a pattern and a regular pattern will evolve into a rule in linquistics.

Åñ½õ is from Åû > Åñ.

Åû > ÅÇõ (general meaning:richness)
    Åû > Åñ > ÅñÎ colourful insect.
    Åû > Åñ > Åñ½õ.
    Åû > Åñ > Åñ½¡ý (н¢¸ÙìÌ Åñ½õ °ðÎÀÅý)
    Åû > Åà > ÅÃñÎ (= ºðʨ ÅÃñÎ ±ýÀÐñÎ).
    Åû > Åâ > Åâò¾ø (¾¢ÕÁ½òÐìÌÓý ¦ÀñÏìÌ Åâ¸û ¾£ðÎÅÐ, Á½ôÀÐ)
    Åâ > Åý¢ > Åý¢ò¾ø > Å÷½¢ò¾ø.
    Åû > Åâ > ÅÕ½õ > Å÷½õ. This word is also doing foreign service in the north.

Åû root thus shows a few shades of meaning all relating to drawing and colouring.

B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast