Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Is tamil derived from Sanskrit

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi folks,

I can only point out similar words exist in Sanskrit/Hindi.I have no knowledge as to which word was the original and which was derived!

¾Á¢ú ºõŠìâ¾ò¾¢Ä¢ÕóÐ Å󾾡¸ò §¾¡ýÈÅ¢ø¨Ä.

«¸Ã,¬¾¢,À¸Åý,¯ÄÌ,̽õ,«Á¢ú¾õ(«õâò),⺨É(⃡),¾¡Éõ, ¾Åõ ...all in kuraL.

¸õÀõ ±ýÈ ¦º¡ø khambhaa ±ýÚ †¢ó¾¢Â¢ø ¯ûÇÐ.±Ð ±í¸¢ÕóÐ §À¡É§¾¡?
    þÄ츽õ-Ä섽õ ±ýÉ ´üÚ¨Á§Â¡?
    þÄ츢Âõ-Ä섽õ ±ýÉ ´üÚ¨Á§Â¡?
    þÂì¸õ-Âì„õ ±ýÉ ´üÚ¨Á§Â¡?

¸¡ðº¢-¸¡ì„¢. ¸ñ þ¾¢Ä¢ÕóÐ Å󾧾¡?! or maybe the otherway round!

Á†¢Ä¡-Á¸Ç¢÷ þ¾¢Ä¢ÕóÐ Å󾧾¡?! or maybe the otherway round!

Å£¾¢,§Á¸õ,¿¡¸õ,¬¨º,þ,º¡¾¨É,¸¨Ä,Á¨Ä,Á¡¨Ä,¸¡Äõ,
    ¿£Äõ,§Å¸õ,§º¡¸õ,Ðì¸õ,Àì¸õ,¦º¡÷ì¸õ,ÅìÃõ,Å÷ì¸õ,«ÛÀÅõ ,
    «Û¾¡Àõ,¾¡Àõ,§¸¡Àõ,͸õ,Àó¾õ,ÀÅ¢ò¾¢Ãõ,ãò¾¢Ãõ,þÂó¾¢Ãõ ,

áò-þÃ×, ¸¡ø-¸¡¨Ä?

§¸¡Äõ,§¸¡„õ,§¸¡ÒÃõ,Àì¾¢,Àƒ¨É...
    ÀìÌÅõ,;ó¾¢Ãõ,

¾¡¸ò-¾Ì¾¢?(†¢ó¾¢)-†¢ó¾¢î ¦º¡ü¸û ż¦Á¡Æ¢Â¢Ä¢ÕóÐ Åó¾¢Õì¸Ä¡õ.±ÉìÌ Å¼¦Á¡Æ¢
    ¦¾Ã¢Â¡Ð.§Á§Ä ¦º¡ýÉÐ §À¡Ä º¢Ä ¦º¡ü¸û ż¦Á¡Æ¢ ±ýÚ ÀÊò¾¾¢ø §¸ð¼¾¢ø ¦¾Ã¢Ôõ.
    ¬É¡ø †¢ó¾¢ ÍÁ¡Ã¡¸ò ¦¾Ã¢Ôõ.

àû-¾Á¢§Æ¡¨º ¯ûÇÐ.¬É¡ø †¢ó¾¢Â¢ø dhool ±ýÈ¡ø ຢ.

¬¨º(¬„¡),¿¨º(¿„¡)-¦ÅÈ¢,þ¨º(‰)-Ò¸ú,þ-þ...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    ¿„¡ ±ýÈ¡ø †¢ó¾¢Â¢ø §À¡¨¾.¿¨º-¾Á¢Æ¢ø Å¢ÕôÀõ.²§¾¡ ¦¾¡¼÷Ò þÕì̧Á¡?

þ¨º ¦¾¡¼÷À¡É º¢Ä ¦º¡ü¸û:

ÍÃõ,¾¡Çõ,§ÁÇõ,¬§Ã¡¸½õ,«Å§Ã¡¸½õ,á¸õ,ÀøÄÅ¢,ºÃ½õ,Àì¸ Å¡ò¾¢Âõ-þ¨Å ±øÄ¡õ
    ż¦Á¡Æ¢î ¦º¡ü¸Ç¡? þø¨Ä-¾Á¢Æ¢Ä¢ÕóÐ «íÌ §À¡É¨Å¡? ¦¾Ã¢Â¡Ð.

þ¨ºì ¸ÕÅ¢¸û º¢Ä:

Å£¨½,Á¢Õ¾í¸õ,¾õÒá,¸¼õ(ghadaa in Hindi is ÁñÀ¡¨É)...

þÄ츽ò¾¢ø º¢Ä ¦º¡ü¸û:

ºó¾¢,Å¢¸¡Ãõ,±Øòи¨Ç «¸Ãõ,¯¸Ãõ ±ýÚ ÌÈ¢ôÀÐ,«¸Ã¡¾¢,¾òÀÅõ,¾òºÁõ,¯Å¨Á(upmaa in hindi),
    ,¯ÕŸõ(roopak in hindi),²¸§¾º ¯ÕŸõ,¸¡Äõ...

º¢Ä ¦º¡ü¸Ç¢ø ¦¾¡¼÷Ò ¦¾Ã¢¸¢ÈÐ.¬É¡ø ¦À¡Õû §ÅÚÀ¡Î ¯ûÇÐ.

Àí¸õ-(pangaa in hindi loosely means trouble),Ìó¾¸õ-(khundak in hindi means irritation)...

ºí¸õ ±ýÛõ ¦º¡ø Àøġ¢Ãõ ¬ñθǡ¸ò ¾Á¢Æ¢ø þÕôÀ¾¡¸ì ¦¸¡ñ¼¡ø,þó¾î ¦º¡ø
    ż¦Á¡Æ¢ìÌò ¾Á¢Æ¢Ä¢ÕóÐ §À¡É¾¡? ¬Ã¡ö¡Ç÷¸û ±ýÉ ¦º¡ø¸¢È¡÷¸û?

±ØòÐì¸Ç¢ý Å⨺ þÃñÎ ¦Á¡Æ¢¸Ç¢Öõ ´ÕÅ¡Ú «¨Áì¸ôÀð¼Ð þÃñÎ ¦Á¡Æ¢¸ÙìÌÓûÇ
    ¦¾¡¼÷Ò ÜÚ¸¢ÈÐ.±ôÀÊ «¨Áó¾Ð?

¾Á¢ú ±ØòÐì¸Ùõ ż¦Á¡Æ¢ ±ØòÐì¸Ùõ ´§Ã ãÄò¾¢Ä¢ÕóÐ Åó¾¨Å ±ýÚ ´÷ ¬Ã¡öîº¢ì ¸ðΨà ÀÄ
    ÅÕ¼í¸û Óý ÀÊò§¾ý.±Ð ¯ñ¨Á§Â¡?

¾¢Õò¾ì¸ý

Post Thanks / Like

Tamil Sitarkal

Friends,

Idiyappam UNCLE has given a very good list and is really wonderful.

Friends- Thirumoolar is dated 5th Cen.

Friends- Every other Sithar songs like Agathiar and Pathinen Chittarkal are dated to 18th Cen, only and I Shall put research opinions in my next postings.

MosesMohammedSolomon

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: the origin of word sugar

Quote Originally Posted by F.S.Gandhi vandayar
    Sarkarai= Sarukkarai=saru+karai. It is taken from 'Karumbu saru' . That's why sarukkarai=sarkarai=sakkra=sakura=sugura=sugar.

Think about the word Karu phonetical connotation with/rhymes with saru (root word for karai which means wall or 'suvar'). Suvar cannot the distorted. Karai also cannot be distorted from cloth.

When sugarcane saru spread on cloth it cannot be removed easily.

And from Cheeni was from 'Srini'- Cheerni(tamil)= Cheer+n+e- 'Cheer' here means beauty. There was a custom in any language white and cleaniliness are called as beauty. Think about 'Cheer-sanathy' for bride.

Thiru or Srini means beauty.

for example the name srinivasan.
    Are you sure?!...this had been discussed some time ago...belowi is the quote ...writtern by Dr. Jaybee (Jayabarathi)

At one time, refined sugar came from China.
    It was in the form of lumps.
    They called it 'siinaa kaRgaNdu'.
    The fine sugar was called 'siini chakkarai'.
    Just as they call camphor as 'siinaa kaRpuuram'.
    There is also a type of salt called 'siinaa kaaram'.

Although pea-nuts or ground-nuts as they call in India is a native American crop. It was brought to Asia by Spaniards and cultivated in Phillipines. Phillipines was a long time Spanish colony.
    When it was introduced to South India, it was called 'Manila kottai'. This later slid into 'mallakkottai'.
    The original Indian chOLam is a small grain.
    Pop corn is made from Indian corn. It was a local American crop. It was cultivated by the Amerindians(Red Indians). So the Europeans called it 'Indian corn' after the Amerindians. It was introduced to Asia by the Portuguese. They cultivated it in Macau, a Portuguese Chinese colony.
    It came to India from Macau. It was called 'Macau cholam' in order to diferentiate it from the original local chOLam.
    This word slid into its present form, 'Makkaa cOLam.

pls refer to http://forumhub.com/tlit/18384.8305.15.06.26.html
    for more details...there is alot in the older threads (1998-2002)

Senior Member Senior Hubber Idiappam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tamil Sitarkal

Quote Originally Posted by solomon
    Friends- Thirumoolar is dated 5th Cen.

Friends- Every other Sithar songs like Agathiar and Pathinen Chittarkal are dated to 18th Cen, only and I Shall put research opinions in my next postings.
    Learn how to shut your gap till you are ready with the evidences.

Post Thanks / Like

TAMIL Sittharkal Movement.

Friends,

I have said this in earlier saying also and I even then referred the book for that - " Tamil Sitthar Padalkalum Viviliumum" Dr.MosesMichael FARaday, MadrasChristian ColegeProf, Publishier- CSI church.

Page- 9,10- the authors refers to the work of Prof.Kamil Zevilble's book "The Poets of Powers"- and quotes-" Tamil sittharkal sinthanai india muluvathum paravi iruntha "Thanthrika Yoga Iyakkathin Oru Mukkiyamana, Suvaiyana Kilaie ahum. Tamil Sittharkal parriya Aaivum Arivum tamilil mikak KUraivakavum, MElottamakavum Sirappu INdrium Irupatharku Oru Karanam- Athu Oru Sariyana Konathail Sariyana Parvailum Anugap padathathe ahum. Velippadaiyaga sonnal Tamil Siththarkal Iyakkam Indiavin Pira paguthikalil kanappatta, Ithanai Vottha Pira Iyakkannkalodu Voppidu Aaivu seiappadamal thaniyaga pirithu Aayapattathu.

TamiLNATTU Siththarkal Voppumaikal Arru Thankithu Nirkum Voru Suya Sinthnaiyalarkal allar enbathu VURITHI. Avarkal India Muluthum Paravi Nindra Voru Marabin [Pan INDIAN Tradition} Pirikka mudiyatha Voru Pirivinar Avar."
    For Convinience, I Simply translate and give it any more- Pathinen Sitthar Kovai, collection has many songs of later dates,and based onthis we can sat this collection is composed and edited in 19th Cen, and Inclusion of Ramalinaga Swamikal and Kunangudi MAstan in this collection Proves it more confirmingly. Pages- 16.

The Author in Page 9, 10- Shows- In Buddhism, Two Thanthrika movements- Vagrayana and Sahajayana developed. In response to this at the same time in Saivaism, in NOrth INdia- came a Sitthar movement- called KaNphata Yogis or NathaSiththarkal, called Navanatha Siththarkal, and one tradition puts 84 Naga Sittarkal.
    Korakkar and Machendrar are important Siththarkal.
    We in tamil Tradition hve -KORAKkar, Machendrar and Bathruhari from this NOrth INDIan Sitharkal, with little Changed pronounciation. And this confirms that Siththarkal MOVement were Pan INDIAN movement.
    Historical Researcher Pro.K.N.SivarajPillai in his book Tamilnattil Agasthiar, tells that books in the name of Agasthiar in Topics of Medical, Vedic t Mayamanthiram, Vasiyam - all shows that the author is a HYPOcrite(Vedathari). Famed Author of First Tamil Ilakkana Nool cannot have written this meaningless and No Depth , books which cannot be recommended to a civilised Society.
    ThIS Books in Agasthar name are Worst Part of Tamil Ilakkiyam and to research them is waste of time.

Idiyappam, I have seen you putting articles with worth at some threads, but not once to reply me, But only to say something Against and YOU make yourself to Shame, please act Maturedly.

MosesMohammedSolomon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TAMIL Sittharkal Movement.

Idiyappam, I have seen you putting articles with worth at some threads, but not once to reply me, But only to say something Against and YOU make yourself to Shame, please act Maturedly.
    Solo maniac,

why are you trying to whine like a cub?

If you can't withstand then keep your self off from here.

Post Thanks / Like

Tamil Siththarkal Movement

Friends<

Eveyword I have written, I have given with proofs, and I give it not from any Fanatic Author's replys, but from Renowned authors, acceptable all Objective Tamils, mostly quoted by FSG and Idiyappam and the likes, but Because it has been stopping you false Probaganda, so Attacking me is meaningless, I intend quoting extensively from Sangam Lit. henceforth much more.

MosesSolomon

Post Thanks / Like
    FSG will come shortly to tame and educate our Solomon... So be patient and wait for the show to commence shortly .

Senior Member Senior Hubber Idiappam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tamil Siththarkal Movement

Friends<

Eveyword I have written, I have given with proofs, and I give it not from any Fanatic Author's replys, but from Renowned authors, acceptable all Objective Tamils, mostly quoted by FSG and Idiyappam and the likes, but Because it has been stopping you false Probaganda, so Attacking me is meaningless, I intend quoting extensively from Sangam Lit. henceforth much more.

MosesSolomon
    YOu will never quote anything in whole. your selective quote, to suit your purpose, omitting what is said in the same text to the contrary, is just another trait I have seen many Sanskritic Vedic stooges like you.

YOu have never prooven anything!

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast