Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: KR's Manathodu Mazhaikalam

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes -both the songs have some smiliaritiesboth in pallavi and in charaNam.But surpisngly i would'nt have found that unless somebody pointed out .Orchestration is totally different.

I think Nilavai Konjam kadhali and vathikuchchi have similar charnam.
    SImilarly Nee than Dhesiya Geetham and one more ARR song has same charnam

ANyway cool stuff .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dinesh and Mumbai Ramki, Kangal Theduduthe has unmistakeable traces of Andhi mazhai. I also believe macha machinyE has subtle inspirations from Andhi mazhai, which is probably not immediately clear. Listen to both a few times.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been hearing the songs...its awesome...KR has come out with good numbers...Im sure the music will be a good hit... If the movie does well in the box-office, im sure KR will have lot of offers coming to him and he will defenitely come out well...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Music4Ever
    Dinesh and Mumbai Ramki, Kangal Theduduthe has unmistakeable traces of Andhi mazhai. I also believe macha machinyE has subtle inspirations from Andhi mazhai, which is probably not immediately clear. Listen to both a few times.
    brother,the thing is...both Anthi Mazhai & Rut Agaiyre are in my hearts,and i dun found any simularities between both...trust me...im a not a person who says ARR is 100% original,yes,he has got inspired like for Enna Vizha Azhage - Thanga padhakathil mellai...but Andhi Mazhai & Macha Machaniya is TOTALLY diff....not sure raga wise,but it doesnt strike a person when they listen to it and say " hey,it sounds like Anthi mazhai".its a whole diff story if that person is simply finding simple faults in ARR,then for them even both song beein based on same raga is already inspired! shockingly,i dun see u around when HJ or others simply direct lifts from ARR...y????

anywayz,back to the original topic guys..... Pani Vizhum Kaalam song is a class....i love Madhushree's voice there!!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Post Thanks / Like
    "its a whole diff story if that person is simply finding simple faults in ARR,then for them even both song beein based on same raga is already inspired! shockingly,i dun see u around when HJ or others simply direct lifts from ARR...y???? "

We are getting nowhere with this kind of accusations, but still I have to point out that you are no different from others when you find "simple faults" with HJ's numbers while the whole world is enjoying them (e.g. kumari is a copy of ennuyir thozhiye etc etc). One should be able to write freely in this forum without the likes of you screaming at the slightest hint of similarity of one song with another. Just as something which seems like a subtle inspiration to me seems original to you, in the same manner, something which you think is a copy might seem only vaguely reminiscent of the original to me. These are all just opinions. Take it easy.

For the record, it was me who pointed out that Uyirin uyirE is inspired from the Desert Rose number by Sting and Cheb Mami. Why didn't you scream then? It works both ways, this accusation.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I heard "Kangal Thedudhe" for the first time, a couple of things struck me instantly:

1) When jessie starts with "Vadhaname chandra bimbamo", it instantly captivated me. Whats the raagam used?

2) The way "Kangal Thedudhe" tune starts reminds me of some old song (it could be either IR or some hindi song)...but when I try to sing the later part of pallavi, I somehow end up singing the pallavi of "Aazham adhu aazham ayya" song. Dont ask me how . Help me out guys.

I somehow never got reminded of "Andhi Mazhai" song when I heard this song. Dont know why its been compared to that song.

Thanks,

Krishnan

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    M4E,

I too dont find any similarities between 'Machiniyae' and ' andhi mazhai' Can you point out in which way it seems inspired

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that its being pointed out, that Vadhaname...part sounds similar to the raagam used in the first interlude alaap in Andhi Mazhai. Wonderful usage, but.

Also, the first interlude of 'Pudhidhaai' (Pani vizhum) instantly takes me back to Pani vizhum malarvanam of IR, the pallavi specially. Salanaattai used again, after ages? Any knowledgeable person can comment on this, please?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Music4Ever
    "its a whole diff story if that person is simply finding simple faults in ARR,then for them even both song beein based on same raga is already inspired! shockingly,i dun see u around when HJ or others simply direct lifts from ARR...y???? "

We are getting nowhere with this kind of accusations, but still I have to point out that you are no different from others when you find "simple faults" with HJ's numbers while the whole world is enjoying them (e.g. kumari is a copy of ennuyir thozhiye etc etc). One should be able to write freely in this forum without the likes of you screaming at the slightest hint of similarity of one song with another. Just as something which seems like a subtle inspiration to me seems original to you, in the same manner, something which you think is a copy might seem only vaguely reminiscent of the original to me. These are all just opinions. Take it easy.

For the record, it was me who pointed out that Uyirin uyirE is inspired from the Desert Rose number by Sting and Cheb Mami. Why didn't you scream then? It works both ways, this accusation.
    try checking the thread where u said Uyirin Uyire & Desert rose,i said BOTH DOESNT SOUND ALIKE!! http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic....art=510#484921do check it again!!! wut eva it is u say,Kumari is def another version of En Uyir Tozhiye!

BACK TO THE TOPIC!!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Post Thanks / Like
    "try checking the thread where u said Uyirin Uyire & Desert rose,i said BOTH DOESNT SOUND ALIKE!! http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic....t=510#484921do check it again!!! "

Dear 17-year young Dinesh, good for you. Of course you pointed out that they both do not sound alike. The catch, however, is that you behaved differently this time around, when ARR was the focus. That is you preferred to accuse me, which you did not do in the earlier instance involving HJ!! Specifically, if you had cried hoarse that time you would have been consistent. I hope you get my drift. Anyway, no problem from my side.

"wut eva it is u say,Kumari is def another version of En Uyir Tozhiye!"

What ever you say, boss! However, you seem to be among a miniscule minority of cynics who share such a distorted view. Keep fantasizing

"I too dont find any similarities between 'Machiniyae' and ' andhi mazhai' Can you point out in which way it seems inspired "

RS, not overtly for sure. The tune is probably original. There is, arguably, perhaps, a trace of Andhi mazhai in macha machiniye particularly in the passage to the first interlude (where Gopalakrishnan does his stuff). That is, the first interlude of Macha machiniye can be replaced with the first interlude of Andhi Mazhai without any damage to the flow.

.....machinyE uchaththa kaattniyE.. then the first interlude of Andhi mazhai which goes

tada tada tada
    tada tada tada
    Aahhh aahhh (TVG stuff here).

I just felt like that on hearing macha machiniye and the recent KR song that's all.

For example, I don't see any resemblance between

Naan paarthadhilE avaL oruthiyaithAn

and

Pudhu maapillaiku nalla yogamada

but after IR pointed out it seems plausible. This is not to say I am anywhere near Isaignani, though

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast