Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Urgent help required- burnt curry!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    dev, Anoushka, the bun has not helped- I had put the bun pieces in it at lunch time & I just checked it now, after 5.5 hrs, its only a little better- the flavour has not disappeared completely. The pieces are fully soaked. Should I replace them with new slices?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... I don't have a clue, Alan... Better eat it as it is coz it's one of the first few curries prepared by ur wife... & don't forget to say it's yummy...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like
    No , dev, no way I'm going to say its yummy- I'll have to point out her mistake- that is using a steel container instead of a non-stick one. But I do appreciate the effort she's taken for me.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok... atleast tell her it was good except for this, this & this... rather than pointing out her mistakes, give her your tips & let her know how you would make it... Does that sound different???!!!...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like
    ok madam!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alan, it is a pity that it didn't work generally bread works for me. But anyway, don't hurt her feelings much and enjoy your meal
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alan..its time to shell out money and take her to a nice restaurant for dinner

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoushka
    Alan, bread helps! Put a slice of bread in the curry and cover it... good luck!
    Anou Ive never had luck with anything made out of burnt milk.The smell seems to permenate everything

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ssanji: I generally use milk cooker to make any milk based stuff including white sauce so no burning it
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    dear alan,

this might come a tad too late for you. but if gravies get burnt or has excess salt, chilli or tamarind, first remove all pieces from the gravy and keep aside. then remove half the gravy and try the bread trick. if it still doesnt work, then you will have to add hot water to that half portion of gravy, bring to boil and then add your spice powders or whatever. make sure it is just the gravy without any pieces in it.

potatoes too, are good for absorbing excess salt. it has also worked for me when it comes to removing the burnt taste.

it might help with maintaining marital bliss if you remember first to focus on the effort of the person, and then correct the action of the person . hope you dont mind an ole soul's advice...

kind regards,
    shoba

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast