View Poll Results: Which MD is best suited for Rajini?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ilayaraaja

50 60.98%
  • A.R.Rahman

22 26.83%
  • Deva

9 10.98%
  • Vidyasaagar

1 1.22%
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Which MD is best suited for Rajini?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    As narayanan Has Pointed out Deva has given excellent songs for the 'larger than life ' Superstardom Image Of Rajini. But till he reached this point Raaja in complete 80's and early 90's and probably MSV in early 80's were the Ones who were experimenting with all kinds of songs for him. You can see a Dappankuthu or a disco or a pure melody like 'MalaiyalaKaraiyoram' for Rajini's Intro's. But still Rajini Intro songs were not a necessity then.
    Thalpathy should have marked the Arrival of Rajini Being Introduced thro a song But it was not a necessity still. 'Mannan' or 'Veera' didnt have the typical Intro Songs as we see in todays Rajini Movies. Even then IR was experimenting with a 'Ulakathukaaga' in paandian-a typical MGR Intro Song alike. 'Ejamaan' had a 'EjamaanKaaladi' which was way too different for a rajini movie and 'Uzhaipaali' had 'Uzhaipaali Illatha'.
    Analysing the songs IR gave for rajini We can naturally come to a conclusion that IR was not stopping anywhere with kuthu songs for Rajini and he was experimenting always.
    But Deva knew what was right for Rajini. He just grabbed the oppurtunity and On the lines of 'Pothuvaaga Enmanasu' composed 'Vanthenda Paalakaaran' 'NaanAutokaaran' 'AthandaIthandaa' And established that a rajini intro songs should have SPB and Folk Rhythms.
    ARR was a bit behind and started experimenting late but his songs were good too but it was not the right time. Muthu and Padaiyappa were great but 'Dippudippu' with the voice of SM and punjabi rhythms was never welcomed by RajiniFans here in TN period.
    And i can only laugh at the sweeping statement like 'IR never experimented and Only ARR experimented'.
    Rajini's songs were sung by MalaysiaVasudevan[Pothuvvaaga, Aasainooruvagai], SPB[Rakkamma,RajavukkuRajaanaanthaan], Yesudaas[AagayamMelae], Mano[EnnodaRaasi,EnkittaMothathae] and even Arunmozhi[AathulaAnnakili] at times.
    Vishayam theiriyaatha ARR Fans are like Poonai's who keep their eyes shut

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by narayanan
    IR would've done it, but he was'nt experimented under this very same condition.
    Exactly... If done we would've known how much more IR Could've blown up Rajini's Image

Senior Member Devoted Hubber narayanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Few rajasaranam missed:

3. Kavikuyil = kadhal oviyam kanden
    16. Johnny - En Vanile, Katril En Geetham
    23 Engeyo Keatta Kural - Ennulil Engo, Thayum Naane
    24. Pudhukkavidhai - Vellai Pura Ondru
    29. Anbulla Rajinikanth - Kadavul Ullame
    31 Naan Mahaan Alla - Kalyanam Vaibogam
    32.Nallavanukku Nallavan - Chittukku
    35. Naan Sigappu Manidhan - Penmaane, Venmegam
    36.Padikkadhavan - Oora Therinjukitten
    37 Raghavendra - Rama Naamam, Guruve Saranam
    38 Un Kannil Neer Vazhindhal - Malare Malare
    42.Velaikkaran - Vaa Vaa Vaa Kanna
    45 Mappillai - Ennadhan Sugamo
    46 Rajathi Raja - Meenamma, Mama Un Ponna
    47 Siva - Iruvizhiyin, Haiya haiya doi
    50 Darma Durai - Aanenna, Annanenna, Maasi Maasam
    51 Dhalapathi - Sundari
    52 Mannan - Rajathi Raja
    53 Pandian - Pandianin Rajiyathil, Anbe Nee enna
    54 Ejaman - Nilave Mugam, Raaku Muthu, Aalapol
    55 Uzhaippali - Kolakkili, Oru Maina
    57 Veera - Madathile, Aathula Annaili
    Paani bhujaye pyaas, baaki sab bakwaas. Clear hai ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Narayanan I missed them... I tried to give atleast two songs from a movie-If possible a peppy song and a melody thats why i missed them

Senior Member Devoted Hubber narayanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, just felt like giving that list a complete touch
    Paani bhujaye pyaas, baaki sab bakwaas. Clear hai ?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam
    As narayanan Has Pointed out Deva has given excellent songs for the 'larger than life ' Superstardom Image Of Rajini. But till he reached this point Raaja in complete 80's and early 90's and probably MSV in early 80's were the Ones who were experimenting with all kinds of songs for him. You can see a Dappankuthu or a disco or a pure melody like 'MalaiyalaKaraiyoram' for Rajini's Intro's. But still Rajini Intro songs were not a necessity then.
    Thalpathy should have marked the Arrival of Rajini Being Introduced thro a song But it was not a necessity still. 'Mannan' or 'Veera' didnt have the typical Intro Songs as we see in todays Rajini Movies. Even then IR was experimenting with a 'Ulakathukaaga' in paandian-a typical MGR Intro Song alike. 'Ejamaan' had a 'EjamaanKaaladi' which was way too different for a rajini movie and 'Uzhaipaali' had 'Uzhaipaali Illatha'.
    Analysing the songs IR gave for rajini We can naturally come to a conclusion that IR was not stopping anywhere with kuthu songs for Rajini and he was experimenting always.
    But Deva knew what was right for Rajini. He just grabbed the oppurtunity and On the lines of 'Pothuvaaga Enmanasu' composed 'Vanthenda Paalakaaran' 'NaanAutokaaran' 'AthandaIthandaa' And established that a rajini intro songs should have SPB and Folk Rhythms.
    ARR was a bit behind and started experimenting late but his songs were good too but it was not the right time. Muthu and Padaiyappa were great but 'Dippudippu' with the voice of SM and punjabi rhythms was never welcomed by RajiniFans here in TN period.
    And i can only laugh at the sweeping statement like 'IR never experimented and Only ARR experimented'.
    Rajini's songs were sung by MalaysiaVasudevan[Pothuvvaaga, Aasainooruvagai], SPB[Rakkamma,RajavukkuRajaanaanthaan], Yesudaas[AagayamMelae], Mano[EnnodaRaasi,EnkittaMothathae] and even Arunmozhi[AathulaAnnakili] at times.
    Vishayam theiriyaatha ARR Fans are like Poonai's who keep their eyes shut
    hello mr rajajalz....it was some people who condemned ARR for not using SPB for Dippu Kumari and that is y they never supported it...from ur own words it shows people was just against Dippu Kumari just coz it was BY ARRAHMAN and not coz its not sung by SPB..so in what ground can they condemn ARR coz he used SM for dippu when IR himself had used other singers too b4....also u telling coz dippu had punjabi rhythms thats y it was not welcome...how do u explain Devuda now???? ofcource i ws aware IR had used other singers for Rajini's MAIN song b4 but i purposely bring up this matter by tellilng ARR created a trend by using a 'new' singer for Rajini's intro song....coz i knew it would just make u guys burn & u will come up with this...ithe....ithethan naan ethurparthen....

so now tell me...y DIPPU kumari isnt welcomed in TN??
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are two songs one is folkish and other one is fusion. They are

1) Pothuvaga En Manasu Thangam
    2) Rakkamma Kaiya Thattu

None can match Thalapathy's Rakkamma Kaiya Thattu's standard

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam
    Even then IR was experimenting with a 'Ulakathukaaga' in paandian-a typical MGR Intro Song alike. 'Ejamaan' had a 'EjamaanKaaladi' which was way too different for a rajini movie and 'Uzhaipaali' had 'Uzhaipaali Illatha'.
    Analysing the songs IR gave for rajini We can naturally come to a conclusion that IR was not stopping anywhere with kuthu songs for Rajini and he was experimenting always
    wat experiment did ur guy do here???summa kadhula poo suthathinga.......yenya IR yenna pannalum adhu experimenta....'ulakathukaaga' - experimenta?? ........adhu enaa xperimento, song bit the dust miserably........and wat was so different in 'uzhaipaali Illatha' song???come on RS, i'm

on a serious note no xperiment can match ARR's usage of udit narayan for muthu song......it was a huge risk, if backfired it wud have been curtains for ARR....so there is no doubt that ARR innovates more than others for Rajini.......tell u wat he is himself singing for rajini in shivaji.......
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    MSV - Did a lot of popular movies like Billa, Thee, Pollathavan etc etc in the late 70s and early 80s ...

IR - Main reason behind the success of Rajini and Kamal in the 80s ... He's done soooooo many movies with Rajini, and almost all of them were Superhits ...

Deva - Elevated Rajini to Superstar level with his BGM in Annamalai and Baasha !!

ARR - Reminds me of the saying, "Oru Paana Sothukku Oru Sor Padham" .... Even though he's only composed for 3 movies so far with Sivaji being the 4th, I still feel his is the best suited for Rajini ... He made a normal masala movie like MUTHU look like a classy one just cos of his BGM ... And the intro song Oruvan Oruvan is easily the best for Rajini so far ... The BGMs in PADYAPPA where Rajini gets that snake, and the scene where Ramya Krishnan and Rajini meet after 18 years will have the whole scene (for abt 5 mins) with only BGM and no dialogues ..... And even the flop movie BABA has the record for the highest music seller .... So obviously I came back to GURUNAATHAR + THALAIVAR = BLOCKBUSTER formula !!

HJ - Since I also like Harris, I want Harris to work with Rajini atleast once ... Atleast for this, Rajini should act in the ARM movie next !! :P

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeevi
    There are two songs one is folkish and other one is fusion. They are

1) Pothuvaga En Manasu Thangam
    2) Rakkamma Kaiya Thattu

None can match Thalapathy's Rakkamma Kaiya Thattu's standard
    its coz Mani Ratnam was there.... if it wasnt for Mani Ratnam....IR would have composed another tabla/tavil base song...
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast