Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Origin of Tamil

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Nedunchezhiyan (@ cach*) on: Thu Jul 15 01:03:57 EDT 2004

I agree with Mara, it might be true. It can be true, It is true!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Nedunchezhiyan (@ cach*) on: Thu Jul 15 01:06:10 EDT 2004

Thamizh existed before and during and after Thiruvalluvar and it exists even now and it will in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Murali (@ nat0*) on: Sun Sep 12 11:11:52

Mr. Nedunchezhiyan. You're clearly knowledgeable about Tamizh History but mostly come off sounding like a Tamil fundamentalist.

Post Thanks / Like

Nedunchezhiyan (@ cach*) on: Sun Sep 12 16:39:43 EDT 2004

How do you mean I'm a fundamentalist? I approach opposite views with anger? Something like that? You think I belong to a Thamizh militant group or something? I believe I tried to post the view that I have. Infact Thiru AP MASILMANI in this forum have said again and again about the antiquity of Thamizh and how the origin of Thamizh exceed that of Sanskirit or any other World languages. There are enough proof to say Thamizh is 'better' than Sanskirit or any other languages. Although you could jump up with emotional feelings and say 'all languages' are same. Yes but what is a language? When you look deeply into it then you finally clarify things and arrange it in order and then you look at the structure of the language which contains the origin of the words in the language, literature, literacy laws, history etc. I believe we Thamizhans don't have a good organization that protects our language. In fact the foreigners and our enemies don't want such thing to happen. As matter of fact that's why they play games with Thamizhar Issues.

nanri, vannakkam ___/___

Post Thanks / Like

tamizhanban (@ 61.2*) on: Fri Sep 17 06:20:16 EDT 2004

i feel like laughing at your stupidity mara. your findings through deep research that the language that has lesser alphabets should have been the oldest makes you seem like a bafoon. if your theory is proved to be right, then it English that should the oldest of all languages. Tamil is undoubtedly one of the oldest languages of the world and the richest also. but what is the oldest literature in tamil? Tolkappiyam. it is estimated to be only 3000 years old. but certain literature upanishads etc. date back to 5000 years and more. and remember it is not the age that determines the richness of a language. it is the literary contribution and other contributions that make a language great. in that point of view both tamil and sanscrit are in the same level

Post Thanks / Like

marcus (@ d-19*) on: Fri Sep 17 21:36:13 EDT 2004

Kill an ayer and get two points

Post Thanks / Like

Nedunchezhiyan (@ cach*) on: Fri Sep 17 23:54:09 EDT 2004

Thamizh and Sanskirit aren't at the same level. Sanskirit originated from Thamizh and NOT the other way around! Sanskirit formed from the Indo-European roots and the Prakrits and the 40% or so roots from Thamizh language. Prakrit was the aboriginal language that was spoken in now day so called North India long ago which had Thamizh origin. So intially Sanskirit has many Thamizh words with a manipulated way of alienation from Thamizh. Hence Thamizh is older than Sanskirit!

Post Thanks / Like

paran (@ ip67*) on: Thu Oct 7 16:39:00 EDT 2004

very nice elaboration

Post Thanks / Like

Nedunchezhiyan (@ cach*) on: Thu Oct 7 19:22:57 EDT 2004

Nanri __/__

Post Thanks / Like

vivekanandhan (@ 61.2*) on: Wed Oct 27 14:50:43 EDT 2004

tamil idhu language alla ithu orru vaazkhai murai.ithan thodakkam manithan rain veelai seyya aarambithaudan..amma ithu manithanin mudhal kural..ithu tamiz thaan...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast