Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Origin of Tamil

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

k (@ 82-4*) on: Tue May 4 08:11:47 EDT 2004

who remembers the GANESH miracle?

why hasn't it happened again if it was caused by either mass hysteria or capillary action....?

can anyone confirm what they saw?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Nedunchezhiyan (@ 142.*) on: Tue May 4 14:58:47 EDT 2004

//Both languages grew up together and mixed frequently. As people left India, entered, or moved in and out, words and linguistic ideas mixed. There is no such thing as "aryan" or "dravidian".
    All of us share an ancient tradition extending to the day's when Kanya Kumari was the center of civilization. In fact recent archaeology has proven that the lost "atlantis" was centered around Cape Comorin, and Sri Lanka is the remanent of a continent bridging Madagascar, Australia, South East Asia, and Tamil Nadu. When it was destroyed many people spread apart, but the "dravidians" remained closests to their mother civilizations. As "aryans" arrived back, they encountered a culture that was much like their origional civilization, and moved back to settled life from the nomadic exile they had held for so long.//

Probably true but expect that bother cultures and languages grew up the same! Heck No! Well beside the fact that Europeans think Atlantis Excist in the Atlantic Ocea, I think like some philosophers of past and professors have said,
    "Thamizhan thaan ulakin muthal mAnthan
    Thamizhan pirantha idam kumarikandam"
    Kumarikandam must have existed for a long time and perhaps even 4,000 years ago there must have been a massive land south of Thamizheezham and Sri Lanka (Eezham) as IlangkO indicates in 'SilapathikAtam' that land south of that day TN was submerged under the Ocean and the fact from the way he said...it actually proves that there was a Continent in now day so called 'Indian Ocean'[as geogologists believe that now day land was once water body and now day Oceans were once land] and that perhaps thousand [1000] years ago or so before Ilangko or even less than that time..TN must have been connected to Eezham (Thamizheezham and Sri Lanka) and the land must have been connected from Kanniya kumari, TN to puttalam, Thamizheezham

Post Thanks / Like

Mary (@ prox*) on: Mon May 10 15:14:49 EDT 2004

I love Tamil , it is my mother tongue. One good way to spread Tamil is by putting subtitles to the movies screened abroad which will interest others to watch the movies , that is how Hindi is getting popular .

Post Thanks / Like

Mary (@ prox*) on: Mon May 10 15:15:40 EDT 2004

I love Tamil , it is my mother tongue. One good way to spread Tamil is by putting subtitles to the movies screened abroad which will interest others to watch the movies , that is how Hindi is getting popular .

Post Thanks / Like

Nedunchezhiyan (@ cach*) on: Sat May 15 00:44:23 EDT 2004

NO Mary because Thamizh Cinema has 50% English..I'm sure the English people will be able to understand it! If you want to create a Cinema and make money as Bolly wood and Thamizh Cinema doing..you either put subtitles or speak 50% English in your cinema! I wish I could meet these great directors and these fools who act and create the Thamizh cinema and make it in a corrupted way! All these directors and producers and Actors and Actresses claim is that youths want this and youth want that so we are doing it!

Let me ask you this.

If you smoke Cigaratte does that make you stronger? (no as WHO points out that smoking people will have 8-10% more chance of getting lung cancer compare to normal person with 1% chance and you should know other disseases caused by smoking)...and if Smoking make you stronger..why that I don't see none of the true Thamizh Brave soldiers smoking?! The same thing apply to Drinking!

Next is speaking English! If it's Thamizh Cinema then it should be pure Thamizh! Is an English Cinema going to have Thamizh in it? No! Why? (although Thamizh is one of the 7 seven Oldest language in the World ..as accepted)...well the reason is that they don't respect our langauge and how can we blame them when we don't! Speaking Thamizh seem so cheap to these morons who live off by looting Thamizh in the name of Thamizh Cinema! The Government of TN doesn't care about it and not many Thamizhans talk of this issue..and so this stays in an advantage to non-Thamizh people as the Thamizh Cinema which could atleast help..although TN can't support the Thamizhans world-wide with Thamizh Education to keep the Thamizh generations speak Thamizh..unlike a Chinese can do..or a Jew or even an English men..Portuguese..even Urudhu and Hindi...but Thamizhans are left with no Identity..atleast these foolish Thamizhans in Thamizh Cinema could do something about it! What's so up with LOVE MOVIES? Is Love or girl loving a boy or a boy loving a girl or the subject Love is new to Thamizhan? Is there such need to free Thamizhans to 'loving' and to make Thamizhans understand what Love is?!! Even if so it's not the most IMPORTANT TOPIC TO TALK ABOUT! What about our rights and freedom? What about poverty and thirsty? What about History the past and the present and atleast a prediction of the Thamizhans future?! You can film

Sivaka SinthAmaNi..as a Film
    You could talk about TN three kingdoms and their struggle to save Thamizhans..perhaps by doing it make the Cherars who have became as 'Malayalese' understand their roots! Or the Kolar Thanga Vayal history! Perhaps kauvery water crisis! Maybe how Chozha Empire spreaded! Perhaps a history about important sites in TN or in Thamizheezham! Perhaps about Thamizheezha history and the Thamizhans struggle there! There are lot and lot of things to be written..even about AIDS awareness! Education related movies! Thamizhan Poverty and the daily days of Thamizhans! Perhaps about local heroes and national heroes like PerunchithAthanar, periyar, perhaps even about Arijar. Anna. Maybe about Kumarikandam or the enslavement of Thamizhans world-wide, Thamizh Kings of the Past....and so on.

But these subjects don't rise ..the movie I seen Kauvery crisis was in the movie 'Thenral' which depicted some truths..why can't we have more movies like that to make Thamizhans realize a thing or two! Should the Thamizh Cinema also should make Thamizhans slave?

If a Director want to make money by putting English Sub title..I hope he goes to Holly Wood or Bolly Wood and does that there for the sake of himself and for the good of Thamizh Community! I also advice that these people stop using English texts in Thamizh Cinema (Show me an English Cinema with Thamizh Editing texts!) Also teach the foreign actress and actors about Thamizh and so on and have them a Thamizh Name..and what the heck is super star? What the heck is a name 'Vijay?' 'Rajini?' what the heck is 'Thirisa?' 'Ramba?' 'Simran?' are these names Thamizh? We don't have Thamizh womens in TN? Wow..where does these Thamizh Directors and producers come from? non-Thamizh background? All of them? They don't think their skin is good? They don't think their community womens shouldn't be in the Cinema? Then why the heck these fools are in THAMIZH Cinema? FOOLS!

Post Thanks / Like

S.Anandan (@ 196.*) on: Wed Jun 2 02:41:00 EDT 2004

I strongly agree with Mr.Nedunchezhian..
    I too have similiar views about our own Tamil film industry..The guys who have the Thamizh unarvu does not to be seen in this good industry.
    it is a shame on our Tamil film industry..
    The worst thing was,they always blame on our Audience for that..

Post Thanks / Like

acidflow_acid (@ 203.*) on: Thu Jun 3 06:40:40 EDT 2004

i am in vey big confusion that..

which is older tamil or hindi..]

please send me a mail clearly that...which came first....

Post Thanks / Like

Nedunchezhiyan (@ 142.*) on: Thu Jun 3 16:01:48 EDT 2004

you didn't leave your e-mail mister.

Post Thanks / Like

P.Balaji (@ ) on: Tue Jul 6 09:46:39

Kindly let me know the Origin of Thamizh Language and Thamizh letters. Is there a common dravidian language in before the Thiruvalluvar days?

Post Thanks / Like

Mara (@ 61.1*) on: Tue Jul 6 23:47:53 EDT 2004

I think that Tamizh came first even before Hindi or Sanskrit.The simple reason is the lesser number of alphabets in Tamil.In Tamil we have only one KA.But in sanskrit , Hindi there are 4 alphabets in ka series like KA,KHA,GA,GHA.Same is the case in all the letters.Since Tamizh came first with lesser number of letters , these sanskrit people added extra alphabets and derived sanskrit out of tamizh.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast