Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 LastLast

Thread: KARMA-The free will Vs VIDHI-The fate

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear all,

I am surprised, but at the same time glad too, to see so many of you discussing things that are absolutely unrelated to the topic.

Since, I see my name appearing in al most every post now and then, please allow me to put things in the right perspectives for all of you with reference to the following comments made by various people.

Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    A topic that has strong connections with one's belief / religious ideology should be looked only from individual perspective and not on what is true / false.
    Quote Originally Posted by thilak4life
    Being an atheist, I am against people who poke and taunt theists. Why directly attack the person with an opposing view, it makes the attacker look silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roshan
    If fighting against GOD is a serious issue for Rohit, if fighting for his extremist views on religion is a serious matter for SRS then talking about film personalities is a serious business for Bala.
    Those who think this thread was/is intended for the theists only, then they must think again. I suggest they read the entire thread carefully and see how unqualified that perception turns out to be.

In response to what selvakumar and others have said regarding attacking or taunting theists and their religious beliefs, I am reproducing below a few examples of the past discussions that took place in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohit
    In that case, either, just believe in what you want to believe in and forget these futile efforts without grasping the extent of dichotomies.
    Here, I would expect SRS to mirror what selvakumar said:

Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    A topic that has strong connections with one's belief / religious ideology should be looked only from individual perspective and not on what is true / false.
    But, no; SRS had other ideas !!! He replied !!!

Quote Originally Posted by SRS
    There is only one God. ................gobbledegook....gobbledegook...
    That means, you have chosen to believe.
    Had SRS responded by saying, "Yes I have chosen to believe", I wouldn't have argued any further and left him alone with his beliefs, exactly as pointed out by selvakumar and thilak4life.

But below is what his reply was !!!

There is only one God. ................
    That means, you have chosen to believe.
    Your feeble attempts to cast doubt upoun the existance of only one God on the basis of variance in human perception have failed miserably. By the way, what is your answer to this other question, how does the Universe expand into nothingness if it already contains all possible empty space?
    If those who advocate to leave such theists alone with their beliefs could really accept the feebleness of their minds, then according to them, I should have left the discussion at that point without a reply. However, it was beyond me not to respond to such absurd and fragile arguments intended as indirect persuasions for me to believe that too.

Similar pattern of arguments went on with other believers too.

What followed after that was a long chain of actions and reactions, which has brought us all here in this situation, and still discussing about who did what, when and why! And precisely that, what my argument was in the first place, in right context to the topic.

I hope, this should help in viewing things from better perspectives.

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rohit: You are doing great! You dont have to justify your stand to everyone!
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Dear Friends...What is going on here?... Discussion on the Subject?

...Or Exchange of MUTUAL ANIMOSITY.!!

..How long you people intend DISAPPOINTING US.?

With Best Wishes...

Painfully Yours,
    Sudhaama.
    Most INVALUABLE TREASURE is.. Time.
    Spend it MEANINGFULLY Spread effectively.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr. Sudhaama: If you had warned the people those who get involved in personal attacks on Rohit, we would not be here! They would have listened to you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rohit,

Well, in that case. I would say, you were justified, but please avoid words like 'imbeciles' but use more dignified phrases like "your IQ needs a little tweaking" or something along that likes - this way, you don't belittle them directly (And their egos don't go down to the gutters - No wonder that Ego is a curse).

I only wish people like SRS was open-minded. But theists are blinded from the truth over the years. First they need to 'question' the idiocy themselves - people like us (atheists) are often looked down with contempt and disdain. This is because of the damage caused to them over the years from all the lies conjured upon them from their parents and various other external factors.

As I said, more than us - let them take the initiative to correct themselves.

But Rohit, I found a few naive ala-kais and kujja thookis (with language as names I guess) who put aama saami without talking sense or have anything much to say, but always ready to provoke with silly rants! This hinders the points that you're countering and the discourse strays into a cat-fight. I haven't seen a sensible post from them but from what I've seen, they seem to babble around - maybe to feel good about themselves. Narcissistic pleasure that humans often need to feel the air of sycophancy around - Heck, this also explains outcry from others who read such nonsensical stuff. Those people seldom have the comprehending ability of what the others say and I'm baffled to see them moan about other kids -

Interestingly, they justify you but fight against injustice elsewhere - Hypocrites!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamiz
    Well, you can keep your rules for yourself. You cant insist or expect that the same on others, Ringht
    You say this but then you play the Jalra for Rohit who is basically doing the same and expects other to follow his version of the "worldview" which he has apparently come up with.

RIGHT! U've got a Concrete, Justified Arguement Aunty!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rohit,

I in fact logged out and almost went to bed. But then again changed my mind and came back to respond to Thamiz - who as a response to one of my earlier posts - said that she disagrees with me for saying Selva was right.

But when I logged in again - I felt glad to see your response as regards Selva's views (and also Thilak's) and I have been left with nothing to respond as you have said it all. I personally felt that Selva expressed a balanced view in a mature way without indulging in any cat fights and I am glad to see your giving due respect for his views I appreciate your understanding and as usual you have displayed the extent of maturity a person of your caliber holds

Apart from that I have no interest what so ever in having discussions here on this topic because as you have rightly said ' I have chosen to beleive' - and that's it for me. Having said that, I should accept that I have enjoyed the discussions between you and Pradheep on many occassions and it had helped me understand the other side of the spectrum to a great extent. Thanks for that

Please do continue and all the best to you

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Thilak - Good to see you around

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roshan
    Rohit,

I in fact logged out and almost went to bed. But then again changed my mind and came back to respond to Thamiz - who as a response to one of my earlier posts - said that she disagrees with me for saying Selva was right.

:
    I disagree with Selva- some points he brought up. See the passage given here, Roshan! I dont want to discuss about it and you know why!

I don't think a person like GOODSENSE deserves such a harsh treatment. AFAIK, She is more humble, polite in her replies. Even a diff of opinion, she takes it in a +ve way - NO ONE CAN BE PERFECT. But we should not be acting on the other side all the time

What did poor CRAZY did ? Is it a sin if she believes in GOD?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz

I disagree with Selva. See the passage given here, Roshan! I dont want to discuss about it and you know why!

I don't think a person like GOODSENSE deserves such a harsh treatment. AFAIK, She is more humble, polite in her replies. Even a diff of opinion, she takes it in a +ve way - NO ONE CAN BE PERFECT. But we should not be acting on the other side all the time
    Oh ! itha sollureengaLaa? Sorry I was not referring to this. I was only referring to the core points he raised regarding individual beliefs and moderator issues. Sorry for the confusion