Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: KARMA-The free will Vs VIDHI-The fate

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    No egg, whether it is in pre-fertilisation or post-fertilisation state, can develop the notion of self-identity. In fact, early life entirely lacked the faculties to develop any notion, none whatsoever; forget entirely about them having any faculty for self-identification right at the beginning of their Absolute Evolution.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber kannannn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pradheep
    When are evolved from pancha bhootas, the five basic elements of nature and evolved into microorganisms, plants and animals and finally humans, how can we say about the first life.

Karma, and responsibility to action starts the moment we think "I".
    The moment we think "I" then we become responsible for the actions.

Hope the above answers makes it clear.
    I think thamiz's question still holds good. What justifies the death of a child in the first generation of humans who started to think "I"?
    "Why do we need filmmaking equipment?"
    "Because, Marcel, my sweet, we're going to make a film. Just for the Nazis."

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem in answering step by step of your questions. But be aware like many others when you get the answer and when you dont have anything else to ask, dont call me confused or deluded.

Here is the answer to the first question posted above.

The "I" notion does not start with human. Right from bacteria it starts. The "I" notion makes life to procreate and sustain. The "I" does not want to die. It wants to be immortal and so it evolves physically to be immortal without realizing that the "Aspect" behind the ego is immortal. The "I" notion evolves until human and in human birth the way to get rid of "I" notion exists. More based on your following questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then we are at a loss to know when exactly the idea of Karma came into existence. When did human beings became responsible for what they did? I beleive thats the concept behind karma .. to be held accountable for one's deed.
    There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to Truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
    - Buddha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis786
    The self-determination and accountability of the individual soul rests on its capacity for free choice. This is exercised only in the human form. Whilst in lower species, the atman takes no moral decisions but is instead bound by instinct. Therefore, although all species of life are subject to the reactions of past activities, such karma is generated only while in the human form. Human life alone is a life of responsibility.
    There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to Truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
    - Buddha

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Religions have become part and parcel of this world. If you think criticising can be allowed in this forum then kindly remove those rules or else please actuate them instead of just letting go these bunglers.
    Yes, we have been lenient and have allowed academic discussions on religion.

However, trashing of any religion will not be tolerated. Let this be a reminder to all discussants of this section.

p/s: take it up in PM if you have any issues on Hub policies.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

The "I" notion does not start with human. Right from bacteria it starts.
    Right from bacteria?

Oh come on!!!!

Are you sure you wrote what you tried to mean
    This is a very big world!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz

The "I" notion does not start with human. Right from bacteria it starts.
    Right from bacteria?

Oh come on!!!!

Are you sure you wrote what you tried to mean
    Before the evolution of single cell life began; there was only matter, energy and their mutual interactions and transformations i.e. E=mc^2 and E = hf at work. There was absolutely no life that could develop any faculty and then a notion for self-identification nor any means to instinctively desire to multiply, reproduce or regenerate.

So, even the single cell life like bacteria absolutely refuses to support the fallacies and fabrications dispensed by our dear friend.

Nonetheless, one thing is clearly implied that only matter/energy i.e. E=mc^2 and E = hf is immortal, which is the only and absolutely necessary Aspect for all life forms.

- Buddha

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks pradeep, nice to know that you are willing to answer ... hope you dont abscond in future :P
    When are evolved from pancha bhootas, the five basic elements of nature and evolved into microorganisms, plants and animals and finally humans, how can we say about the first life.
    that complicates the definition of Life and .
    We dont need to define Life to deny the existence of karma, whereas as a proponent of karmic theory, you need to clarify this again
    The "I" notion does not start with human. Right from bacteria it starts. The "I" notion makes life to procreate and sustain. The "I" does not want to die. It wants to be immortal and so it evolves physically to be immortal without realizing that the "Aspect" behind the ego is immortal. The "I" notion evolves until human and in human birth the way to get rid of "I" notion exists. More based on your following questions.
    While we cant even determine when life started, where do I now go to look for the beginning of "I"

All these talks of I and We serves well when you are putting forth a doctrine, but let us please define the context of our arguement, coz u ard bringing in science here. Are you talking about a karma as a myth or theory or fact ?
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The law of karma underpins the process of transmigration of the soul. Karma literally means "action," but more often refers to the accumulated reactions to activities. Thus we talk of "good karma" and "bad karma," which are stored reactions that gradually unfold to determine our unique destiny.
    Then in that case, we may very well dismantle our justice systems . Everybody is just playing out his or her karma. Nobody is really good or evil. Nobody is really responsible for anything they do. We're all just karmic pawns lumbering according to pre-conceived formulae... a mere cause and effect
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast