Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: KARMA-The free will Vs VIDHI-The fate

Post Thanks / Like
    The most famous (widely spreaded all over the world) Bhagvad Geeta, By srila Prabhupada swami ji:
    "THE BHAGAVAD GEETA AS IT IS"
    pls find it on
    http://www.iskcon.com/books/bg/BhagavadGita.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eelavar
    srivatsan,

Vidhi is made of Karma, and Karma is made of Vidhi...
    Exactly right!,

Vidhi (fate) is a re action of all your Karma activities in your Current life and your , previous life, while the fate of your next life will depend or be calculated upon your karma of this life, this is the Life Cycle, till this Cycle is broken by Mukthi(lIberation) then this cycle will carry on in an Infinite loop!

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    when your soul starts the journey, its karmic balance is '0', since vidhi is driven by karma, it is also '0'. Is this not a condition of ideal free will ?
    Then karmic account is just a reflection of the balance of your actions based on your free will. By the same logic fate is just a lagging indicator of your freewill. It is clearly indicated in mythology that fate is not unescapable, negative karma could be compensated by positive karma and thus a bad fate could be negated in the long run. Positive karma is gain a fruit for your good action based on your freewill. Fate is something that is completly controlled by your freewill, why even call it fate ?

Senior Member Regular Hubber Eelavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    After those questions we can ask ourself if we really control our life..

Nobody never suggested that we are maybe robots.. We control robots how God control us...
    Admire God through your life.

The creator is the creation himself..

http://vedamu.org/Mathematics/vedicmathematics.asp

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody never suggested that we are maybe robots.. We control robots how God control us...

i believe that we dont control ur life.............it just follow the path led my God or vidhu or karma
    Anbe Sivam

Senior Member Regular Hubber pizzalot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone here explain how it fits in the realm of Intelligent Creation or Evolutionary theories ?
    Albert Einstein
    "Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!"

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rachel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy

i believe that we dont control ur life.............it just follow the path led my God or vidhu or karma
    yeah..i also believe so...death, birth and everything are determined by god... and i see god is sometimes so cruel
    sometimes people who do good things suffer than people who do bad things
    nothing makes sense though

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    rachel..............GOD is not cruel............we cant blame God........for what we doing or how we r living...........its all our karma

maybe the good ppl in this life might have been bad ppl in the previuos life and thats why they r suffering in this life, so its all in the game
    Anbe Sivam

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy
    rachel..............GOD is not cruel............we cant blame God........for what we doing or how we r living...........its all our karma
    Dear crazy,
    What you say is really well and good, but when and where did one's karma begin? If you really can understand this question and provide us a sensible answer, I will really be very grateful to you and will be very pleased. Please, enlighten us all with your Craziest knowledge. Thank you.
    There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to Truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
    - Buddha

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghu
    Exactly right!,
    Vidhi (fate) is a re action of all your Karma activities in your Current life and your , previous life, while the fate of your next life will depend or be calculated upon your karma of this life, this is the Life Cycle, till this Cycle is broken by Mukthi(lIberation) then this cycle will carry on in an Infinite loop!
    You mean to say, our current position is a result of our previous life deeds. I see that, karma serves to explain why good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. The injustices of the world, the seeming random distribution of good and evil, are only misrepresented things. In reality, everybody is getting what he or she deserves.

The mentally ill, the retarded, the poor, the suppressed, the diseased, the students in a professor's class and all sorts of people enduring torture deserved it for the evil they must have done in the past. The slave beaten to death deserved it, if not for what he did today, then for what he did in some previous lifetime. All suffering is deserved, according to the law of karma.

How cool is this, to identify a reason for my present troubles . I feel that these are feeble excuses given for the existence "evil" in this world.

If karma exists history and future would be reduced into a set of mathematical equations (like someone was talking about karma = 0 and karma++ or karma-- :P ). Karma makes life trivial, a mere working out of a metaphysical "law" which reduces all humans to dehumanized creatures, devoid of morality and responsibility, mere causes and effects in a pointless system. If Karma is right, we may as well dismantle our ethical and criminal justice systems. Everybody is just playing out his or her karma.

The hypothesis that Karma exists because the universe is balanced, is inherently flawed. Since bad things also happen to bad people and good things also happen to good people, one might well suppose that there is no rhyme or reason why anything happens to anybody.

So, IMO karma doesnt exist, neither does it controls our fate. The word fate in my dictionary denotes something which is beyond our control, not a predetermined course that everyone is forced to follow. It is beyond our control because it is not caused by us alone. Everyone around us is involved in it.
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast