Page 1 of 96 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: KARMA-The free will Vs VIDHI-The fate

Senior Member Regular Hubber srivatsan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

KARMA-The free will Vs VIDHI-The fate

Suhruthukkale Vanakkam

Assuming that "Sanaathana Dharmam" was a part and parcel of Indian Hisotry and Culture, I chose to open this topic in Indian History & Culture section. One of the main aspects of Sanaathana Dharmam is Karma. What is this Karma?

Well, Karma means Action - Action of one self.

Another important words that we can hear on almost every hour is Vidhi, which means a "Predetermined Rule or Dictum", that governs our action....So this literally boils down to "Kozhiyil Irundu Muttayaa or Muutayil Irundu Kozhiyaa"?

This is really a million dollar question that has been pondered by Great Sages of our Past. Let us also do our ponderings. We shall discuss about these two words. I hope this will enlighten all of us.
    DHARMO RAKSHATHI RAKSHITHA:

A typical Indian Cultural forum! www.samskruthi.org

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber Eelavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    srivatsan,

I think Vidhi and Karma works togheter, in fact i think they are the same things !!

Vidhi is made of Karma, and Karma is made of Vidhi...
    Admire God through your life.

The creator is the creation himself..

http://vedamu.org/Mathematics/vedicmathematics.asp

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    vidhi is law(cause and effect). Karma is action, which obeys vidhi - law (cause and effect).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pradheep
    vidhi is law(cause and effect). Karma is action, which obeys vidhi - law (cause and effect).
    So do you mean to say there is no free will and everything is pre-decieded? If so, why there shd be a Krutha Yuga where people all only good and a Kali Yuga where most are bad......? Pls come up with a clear explanation. I think, I have understood your words clearly....

Post Thanks / Like
    So do you mean to say there is no free will and everything is pre-decieded?
    Dear srivatsan
    Everything is pre-destined , but there is free will. It looks like contradictory statements. The fact that fire will burn is pre-destined (the cause and effect). Whether to put finger in fire or not is the free will that I can exercise. Vidhi is that fire will char the flesh, my free will is whether to get my finger charred or not.

Whether I put my finger or not will be based on my previous thoughts and actions (Karma). Karma is action which originates from thoughts. No action can be performed without a thought. So to change karma one has to change the thoughts.

Nature of human mind always seek outside and never inside. A mind that seeks inwards will have lessened thoughts and lessended actions and good actions. The mind that goes outwards is always excited and agitated.

In Kali Yuga the wandering or outward seeking mind would be to the extreme and so too much bad actions results.

Post Thanks / Like
    No action can be performed without a thought
    Not true...

Freud said that most of things we do is inconsciously...

What is an inconscious act ? There is no thought behind it..

My opinion is that Vidhi creates the actions and so the Karma...

Post Thanks / Like
    Freud said that most of things we do is inconsciously
    You are talking about habits. I am talking about the source of any aciton is a thought. Analyze any action....
    while driving a car in most moments you might be driving without the thought of driving, you might be thinking something else. But the driving action was initiated by a thought. I am not talking about habitual actions , but the very source of actions.

Post Thanks / Like
    pradheep,

I'm not talking about habits..

What i tried to say is that conscience is the most of time an illusion...We live in fact without conscience .. We are like robots.

Humans can control robots, but God control everything... It's what i tried to say...

If spontanous (coming from nothing) actions are possible we must restudy the pysics laws.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pradheep

The fact that fire will burn is pre-destined (the cause and effect). Whether to put finger in fire or not is the free will that I can exercise. Vidhi is that fire will char the flesh, my free will is whether to get my finger charred or not.

Whether I put my finger or not will be based on my previous thoughts and actions (Karma). Karma is action which originates from thoughts. No action can be performed without a thought. So to change karma one has to change the thoughts.

In Kali Yuga the wandering or outward seeking mind would be to the extreme and so too much bad actions results.
    Good explanation indeed. Well....if a bomb balsts, people who are near it will die...this is cause and effect or vidhi...So when few pigrims died when there was a bomb blast in Varanasi, then is it their Fate becuz no on would like to be a near a bomb if they know...... so, that they died is thir Vishi, even if their supposed Karma was not for that..right? So which one preceeds the other?

Senior Member Senior Hubber anbu_kathir's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    An extension to Pradeeps view...

Fate is only the outcome of our past karma, which include the trident “thought, word and physical action”.

For more about Karma, check this out
    http://laluni.helloyou.ws/netnews/bk/fire/fire1188.html

In my view, Fate generates “new opportunities” based on ones past karma, and it is entirely up to one’s Self (in the caps, of course) what one makes out of such opportunities. That is Conscious Creation through the Power of Choice. What influence these choices is the idea that one has about one’s Self (here too, caps), I guess. These Choices when made with a clear idea about Who One really Is and Who One wishes to Be, result in Conscious Creation which brings in future Fate, which brings in more opportunities to realize our idea about our Self, and to expand It.

Inherently, all beings know what is going to happen to them. The experience of any being in the Universe is exactly what they have called for. This is the function of God, to give one what one asks. The choice of what one wants, is made in different levels of Consciousness.If one is aware of the levels, then he/she perfectly accepts whatever happens to him/her, because one knows that he/she called it for himself/herself.

So in my view, one isn't bound by fate...it becomes a base for new vistas of the Self.

Love and Light.

Quote Originally Posted by srivatsan
    Well....if a bomb balsts, people who are near it will die...this is cause and effect or vidhi...So when few pigrims died when there was a bomb blast in Varanasi, then is it their Fate becuz no on would like to be a near a bomb if they know...... so, that they died is thir Vishi, even if their supposed Karma was not for that..right? So which one preceeds the other?

Page 1 of 96 1231151 ... LastLast