Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to eat ?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    How affordable is affordable for you, kid? athai modjhalla chollunga
    Ennakku Indian restaurant-lam particular illa. But my parents insist on having Indian meals for lunch (we get complimentary breakfast and dinner anyway)

They're spending about 21 pounds (incl of everything) for two. Is that a fair amount? If so, then okay. The meals are good in this place.

AV,

again..
    ...an artist without an art.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Received via email....

Best Thali's - Agarwal bhojana (sawkarpet), rasthani daba (anna nagar)

South indian meals - vasantha bavan, sangeetha's never try saravana bavan in chennai for anything (except important places like airport, railway station)

sambar idly - rathana cafe (triplicane)

poli's n gee sweets - krishna sweets.

coffee - all decent hotels, don't try at cafe coffee day n coffee day express.

For kadalai with girls, time pass with some coffee n desert best places - cafe coffee day (anna nagar, nungambakkam), Isbahani centre (nungambakkam), chennai central (mylapore)...
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Senior Hubber chevy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    mylapore - bombay halwa house- 2nd home! lol

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone in Anna nagar West, Chennai give some feedback about "Chettiar Kitchen" on North main road?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two places of middle class soul with tasty food

During my Winter Dec-Jan vacation to India this year, I ate at முருகன் இட்லி Shop couple of times while I did shopping at T.Nagar.
    the place was fun.
    My son loved different types of chutneys along with Sambar, they served.

During my short visit to Coimbatore, my appa & anna were showering praises on Shanthi Gears and their services.

Anna took me to Shanthi Canteen by Shanthi Gears - Singanalloor. OUTSTANDING food.

அவங்க placeley நான் evening கொஞ்சம் நேரம் தான் இருந்தேன்.. பக்கத்துலே walk ஆ போனோம்.
    ரொம்ப பிடிச்சு இருந்தது.
    There is a menu board.
    select the items, pay the bill.
    then proceed to the food serving counter, SELF-SERVE.
    give your bill, pick up your food.

Used plates in the common area, they clear them fast.
    very clean place, amazing food for cheap prices.

My son absolutely enjoyed the atmosphere.

Very proud of Shanthi gears.

I wanna make longer India visit this year.

Vinatha.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by baroque; 10th March 2011 at 10:17 PM.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‘Vanakam’ to Chennai kopitiam

CHENNAI: For a former Malaysian air stewardess, the sky's the limit, even when she ventures into the food business in a totally alien and competitive place like South India.

Chong Bee Bee, from Sungai Petani, Kedah, has to thank her grandma for the invaluable cooking tips.

Like the Singapore Airlines aircraft she served on for decades, the enterprising woman's “Bee's Kopitiam” outlet at Express Avenue Mall here is also doing soaring business.

Carving her niche: Chong at her ‘Bee’s Kopitiam’ outlet that serves various local dishes including char kuey teow and satay to South Indians in Chennai.

Aunty Bee, as she is popularly known among her customers, has even proved management gurus wrong that a university degree or plenty of funds are needed to build lofty dreams.

“I was planning for the last 10 years.

“I wanted to start a simple concept of one-dish meals.

“ I chose Chennai because most people speak English and the people are friendly, too,” the 39-year-old self-made entrepreneur told Bernama.

After serving the airlines, she quit her job, got married and moved to Chennai with her French husband, who is an IT consultant.

She started off with home catering before braving into the food business.

Last June, she finally broke into the competitive food industry, opening an outlet selling Malaysian cuisine in Chennai, a hotbed for spicy South Indian dishes.

At her cosy outlet located in the food court inside the mall, Bee serves an array of Malaysian flavours to local Indians, foreigners and Malaysians living in Chennai, where there is a growing taste for exotic delicacies.

Customers are spoilt for choice.

They can pick any mouth-watering dish from her menu char kuey teow, chicken rice, rendang, roti canai and mee goreng, all freshly-cooked and served hot in traditional Malaysian style.

“I have about 16 main course recipes on the menu.

“I don't Indianise the food.

“I try to maintain the originality.

“Indians are getting accustomed to Malaysian food,” she noted.

Backed by a nine-staff team, all locals, Bee operates her restaurant for 12 gruelling hours daily.

“My rendang sells like hot cakes and my satay is also a best-selling product.

“On Thursdays and Fridays, I serve Singapore chilli crabs.

“My idea is to cater to people who appreciate food.

“Now, I have my regular customers.

“I don't face competition here,” she added.

With her hospitality industry skills, Bee's next ambitious aim is to open a French-Oriental restaurant in India.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...181&sec=nation
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Kaapi and dosai, the good old way"

http://www.thehindu.com/life-and-sty...cle2780584.ece

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shanthi Gears Canteen - Near Ondipudhur, Coimbatore.

Disclaimer: I have not been to this place but I have heard from at-least 5+ different people that the food absolutely rocks. Almost every item is offered at a subsidized price and the food quality is absolutely great. For eg; Coffee is offered at 10 rs, Full - Unlimited Meals at 25 rs. This is quite cheap for Coimbatore. Heard that the tokens for meals vanishes faster and many a time they close lunch by 2 when it starts at 12.30. No parcels allowed for commoners but school kids can avail em if you come by school uniform.

Now what made me write about this place is that I heard that the Owner/chairman of this particular joint is a very philantropic person and he does a lot of very good things silently. Hvae to check out this place pretty soon.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Junior Kuppanna - Ram Nagar (Near City Towers, Coimbatore)

The setting is good. Perfect for la Familia's. Food is good too. A bit on the expensive side. They have all kinds of Non-VEG stuff. Found em to be good. Villan007, Unga area than. Have you been around here?./

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast