Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to eat ?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Shakthi... MOST restaurentsin blore, be it big or small, are well maintained...very clean...this includes roadside chaat sellers too...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dev
    I agree with Shakthi... MOST restaurentsin blore, be it big or small, are well maintained...very clean...this includes roadside chaat sellers too...

in bangalore u can bravely eat even in a roadside restaurant unless many cities. it's not extreme city-alism or anything like that.it's just the fact. u can be guaranteed of cleanliness in any fast food. and in b'lore even the food is less expensive.i noticed this cuz in chennai i didn't find any fast food neat.so i had ot go to saravana BHAVAN and 1 plate of dosa costed like Rs20 which is ridiculous.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Tia's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    In England the best indian food restaurent is CHENNAI DOSA!

such tasty food! i prefer it to my mummas! its extremely cheap too! just fits the bill

i have never had such tasty dosa, fried rice, uppumaa, poori (huge size, bigger than 2 baloons) and theres a famiyl dosa which is 6 feet long!

soooooo tasty and its in 4 places...opening one in tooting soon
    THALAPTHY RAJINI -ILAYATHALAPTHY VIJAY!
    so....
    SUPERSTAR RAJINI - NEXT SUPERSTAR VIJAY!

gorgeous gaayini ~ Ghlli ~ now Tia

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nalla saptu innum guuuuuuundu aagu
    Quote Originally Posted by Tia

such tasty food! i prefer it to my mummas! its extremely cheap too! just fits the bill

i have never had such tasty dosa, fried rice, uppumaa, poori (huge size, bigger than 2 baloons) and theres a famiyl dosa which is 6 feet long!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber narayanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    1 plate of dosa costed like Rs20 which is ridiculous
    its 17 bucks here in Krishna Kafe
    ~~~~~~~
    I havent ate out much in Madras, but am aware that Saravana Bhavan is ridiculously expensive, simply 'cos of the hype that surrounds it. One of my friend who visited sometime ago ordered some fried rice or pulav, he said the raitha alone was 40 bucks
    Paani bhujaye pyaas, baaki sab bakwaas. Clear hai ?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narayanan
    1 plate of dosa costed like Rs20 which is ridiculous
    its 17 bucks here in Krishna Kafe
    ~~~~~~~
    I havent ate out much in Madras, but am aware that Saravana Bhavan is ridiculously expensive, simply 'cos of the hype that surrounds it. One of my friend who visited sometime ago ordered some fried rice or pulav, he said the raitha alone was 40 bucks

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibha
    so i had ot go to saravana BHAVAN and 1 plate of dosa costed like Rs20 which is ridiculous.
    Saravana Bhavan is without doubt the worst "famous" restaurant.
    The items are too costly, the quantity is a joke and IMO quality should not be a bonus, it should be a given. Its a pity that many non-Chennai-ites and non-Tamils identify Chennai with SB.
    In that league, Vasantha Bhavan and Sangeetha are much better.
    Plus, you have the evergreen classics like Triplicane Rathna Cafe.

I agree that Bangalore is cleaner and you have a lot of fast food restaurants which are cheap but the "sweet" sambar, the flaky idli served in Bangalore is definitely not a Thamizhan's pint of beer

To sum up the predicament, one of my friends had come to Bangalore for the 2nd time or something and he went to a Sukh Sagar or some place like that and ordered dosai and obviously he found the sambar very sweet. The next day, he wanted to have something sweet and he ordered Kesar baath, which he found was not sweet enough!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alwarpet_andavan

I agree that Bangalore is cleaner and you have a lot of fast food restaurants which are cheap but the "sweet" sambar, the flaky idli served in Bangalore is definitely not a Thamizhan's pint of beer

To sum up the predicament, one of my friends had come to Bangalore for the 2nd time or something and he went to a Sukh Sagar or some place like that and ordered dosai and obviously he found the sambar very sweet. The next day, he wanted to have something sweet and he ordered Kesar baath, which he found was not sweet enough!
    Sweet in sweet dishes is just right for my liking... but sambar, I don't consider it sambar... it's a mix of sambar,rasam & kolambu + jaggery in it... Hmmm, but I like annapoorna(in cbe) sambar though it has a slight sweetish taste...

hey, but you have lots of those dosa corner kind of places in b'lore, selling dosas with HOT coconut chutney & mashed potatoes... yummy they are... & I love the stuffed paranthas we get in b'lore... & chaats too...:drool:
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Utsav Restaurant, Secunderabad
    Hotel Minerva , "
    Universal Bakery ( The veg burgers are too good is used to cost just Rs18/- back in 2002- don't know the price now)

Senior Member Senior Hubber Tia's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok anna....i'll do what u say i'm a gd girl
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer
    Nalla saptu innum guuuuuuundu aagu
    Quote Originally Posted by Tia

THALAPTHY RAJINI -ILAYATHALAPTHY VIJAY!
    so....
    SUPERSTAR RAJINI - NEXT SUPERSTAR VIJAY!

gorgeous gaayini ~ Ghlli ~ now Tia

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast