Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can a girl be friends with a guy who has a crush on her?

Senior Member Regular Hubber Bipolar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can a girl be friends with a guy who has a crush on her?

Hey girls... I have a question... Would a girl be comfortable being friends with a guy if she knows he has a crush in her? I mean... consider the following situation:

I'm twenty-four years old (but, I'm not very mature... so, my mental age is my biological age minus ten...). I have a crush on a female friend of mine (She's not the first woman I've had a crush on). But, I just want to be friends with her, I don't want to ask her out or anything... (my parents have decreed that I am going to have an arranged marriage). Can a girl be friends with a guy if she knows he has a crush on her, but his intentions as a friend are honourable?

I have a lot of respect for men who can be "just friends" with a good-looking woman. Of course, I'd keep it strictly platonic too - on the surface - but I'd secretly have a crush on her (if she's good-looking), and then I'd feel guilty about it. I think it's a lot easier for a woman to resist feeling attracted to good-looking men - or is it just the same for women?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I may not be a girl but i can give you my opinion on this matter.

Being friends with a girl you have a crush on is quite hard as at times your feelings for her and also at the same time your willingness to be just a friend can interplay and disturb your mindset. Even if you are intent on establishing friendship with her, you must be totally confident that your feelings will not affect you wanting to be friends with her.

Let me tell you that it seems ok when you at first decided that your crush will not disturb your friendship but when you become friends with her, your mindset can change due to that crush existing in you. In my opinion it is best you ensure that your crush or infatuation is worn off before you decide to go friends with her.

Besides this, there is a chance that your crush may be forcing you to become friends with her so that you can somehow impress her with your character..such things are normal and has happened before so ensure that it is not the work of your crush to be friends with her and rather it should be of your own conscience.

Girls do accept a guy who want to be friends with them but they will not entertain people who want to become friends just for the sake of impressing them or have a crush on them. Girls value friendship alot and some of them might see you as a cheat or a fraud who used frienship to get closer to them even if your intentions are nothing of that sort.

As for the good looking part, it is normal for every human to be attracted to good looks as humans tend to get attracted by anything materialistic like money beauty etc. This can be resisted depending on how good your self control and determination to view girls by their character rather than their beauty. Girls although at times they do get attracted by good looks, they usually go for the character and heart or someone who really cares and appreciates their feelings. I have seen most girls with boys who are not brad pitt type but they are decent and appreciative of their lovers.

The reason why it seems "alot easier" is due to girls having the ability to appreciate feelings and sentiments of others. Girls when they grow up tend to interact with their surroundings through feelings and emotions and have a better understanding of what they want and what they need. They are also quite soft hearted. The best example is think of a girl like a flower. Not only are flowers beautiful, they bloom and grow only if someone cares for them...if not their petals(girls heart) drops down and it withers in the end. The same can be applied to girls as they tend to "grow" if someone cares for them and that is why it seems "easier" for girls to accept men who are not good looking but care for them.

These are my views and the girls here can correct me if they find something wrong...i was just looking from a girl's point of view. Hope that helps you Bipolar...

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good reply there dude.

By the way bipolar what's ur original id @ the hub?

Senior Member Regular Hubber Bipolar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Krishnan, my original ID @ the Hub is Bipolar.

Hey Hulkster, thanks for your reply, I mean, thanks for taking the time to reply to me. I like the way you say a girl is like a flower. Very true, especially my girl, she really is like a flower! She's good-looking, and she's a really sweet person, and I do think of her as a flower!

But I'd like to hear from the girls here. Have any of you ever had male friends, who had a crush on you, but didn't really want to go out with you? You see, as a man myself, I would be totally comfortable (even a little flattered) being friends with a woman even if I knew that she had a crush on me - as long as our relationship didn't go beyond friendship. But what's the view of the women here?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    irukalam...andha payyan gunava illadha patchathula

Senior Member Senior Hubber goodsense's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I know a man has a crush one me and only want to be friends with me (whether or not he has another woman), I would avoid him. I would not give him that satisfaction of being my friend when he has reserved intentions. It means that once he has explored the friendship, the crush will be over and he would develop other interest. I will leave him to always wonder what it would have been like.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    so sad, i have no experince
    but i think she can be a friend!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy
    so sad, i have no experince
    but i think she can be a friend!
    Enna kodumai crazy raasathi ithu....ungalakku yentha anubavumum elleiya?.....yenukkum ellei..

No problem Bipolar...as i said..follow your heart and your mind...if you believe your heart is urging you...you will be advised not to befriend her...if your mind is sure you can be of no problems...then you can befriend her...but remember that the heart can overpower your mind once you befriend her...make a wise choice and good luck bro..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    probably it may not work out !
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkster
    I may not be a girl but i can give you my opinion on this matter.
    Hulk,,.. confusion ah !!! ???

Just kidding
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast