Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barathidasan

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Barathidasan

Topic started by Nisha (@ milkystreet.singnet.com.sg) on Sat May 19 20:08:38 .

I need information with evidence on why Barathidasan is called a 'Puratchi Kavignan'. Anyone with the info, please mail me at badhrunnisha@yahoo.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

N.K. Segar (@ 203.*) on: Tue Jun 5 01:45:03

Dear friend,

Puratchi Kavignan is a poet who thinks radically in the fields of religion, culture & prcatices, politics etc.

Barathidasan fought against caste system, advocates freedom for women especially widows, stresses importance of education among both male & female etc. His writings showed that he was a non beliver in religion ( god ).

Possibily these qualities could have gained him the name "Puratchi Kavignan"

Bye

N.K. Segar

Post Thanks / Like

kumar (@ 164.*) on: Thu Jun 7 06:31:38

To NK Segar's response, first religion doesnt mean god, whether or not within (-). As far as Bharathithasan's title is concerned, he got everything from a political party that never lacks in giving such titles to anyone. From Bharathithasan's poetry we come to hear only the propagandas in a raw voice and not poetries. Rarely some flames are there in his poetry, especially in the side aesthetics, but that is not enough for him to earn a place next to Mahahavi Bharathi.

Post Thanks / Like

N.K. Segar (@ 203.*) on: Thu Jun 7 22:58:13

Dear Kumar,

I beg to differ from your views. Bharathithasan's first poem was about "sakhti." Therefore, we should not be misled that because he belonged to a party which has been higly regarded for its struggle for Tamizh language and one that has been labelled as anti religion, he was called "Puratchi Kavignar"

I am sure you have read a lot about him. His views on many issues have been held as revolutionery during his time. Thus, to call a "revolutionery poet" suits well. Don't blame the party.

Regards,

NK Segar

Post Thanks / Like

Nisha (@ nebu*) on: Sun Jun 24 09:01:04

Hi! Nisha here. Thanks for all ur reviews. Was a great help to my project. Appreciate ur help. Please feel free to email me at badhrunnisha@yahoo.com.
    Take care, smile always!
    With regards,
    Nisha

Post Thanks / Like

NK Segar (@ 203.*) on: Mon Jun 25 20:14:54

Nisha,

Puratchi enbathu idattukkidam maarupatta poruloodu ulaa varum. Barathithasan avar vaalntha kaalathil ethu samuthayathai paathikkiratu, paalpathukirathu yenru yenninaaro, athai thunivudan yeluthinaar.

Kathi yeenthi poraaduvathu vathum purathi thaan. Aanaal, ivar makkal sinthanaiyodu poraadinaar.

Oru kaalathil sariyaaga pattathu, veeru kaalathil thavaraaga padalaam. Yenave, Oru kavinyan vaalntha kaalathai naam ninaivil kondu, avar yeluthai aaraaya vendum.

Anbudan

Segar

Post Thanks / Like

Veerakoon (@ prox*) on: Mon Jun 25 21:56:07

Paventhar Barathithasan not only wrote peoms with the view of aesthetics, but he also wrote many poems about Tamils freedom, language and our homeland. Tamils can feel flame in his poems.

" Thamizhukku amuthanum paer...."

Please see following link for poems about Paventhar
    http://www.kamban.com.au/barathidasan.htm

Post Thanks / Like

paandi (@ 210.*) on: Tue Jun 26 03:47:50

thiru segar sonna karuthu migavum poruthamanathu ena naanum naanum karuthugiren.

Nandri

Post Thanks / Like

Mani M. Manivannan (@ cpe-*) on: Tue Jun 26 10:38:30

Why are we writing about Barathidasan in English or Roman letters? Why can't we write in Tamil? We have been celebrating Barathidasan week on the internet since 1997. You can see the various articles that celebrated Barathidasan at the following URL:

http://www.bharadhidasan.net

If you have trouble reading the texts, please reset your encoding to "User Defined" and choose a TSCII font as your user defined font. You can download TSCII fonts at http://www.tamil.net/tscii/tools.html

¾Á¢Ø측¸ò ÐÊô§À¡Î ±Ø¾¢Â À¡Ã¾¢¾¡º¨Éô ÀüÈ¢ò ¾Á¢Æ¢ø ±Ø¾Ä¡§Á? *¨½Âò¾¢ø À¡Ã¾¢¾¡ºý Å¡ÃŢơ¨Å 1997 *Ä¢ÕóÐ ¦¸¡ñ¼¡Ê Åó¾¢Õ츢§È¡õ. «Å÷ ÀüȢ ¸ðΨø¨Çô À¢ýÅÕõ ÍðÊ¢ø À¡÷ì¸Ä¡õ.

http://www.bharadhidasan.net

Post Thanks / Like

bb (@ sieb*) on: Tue Jul 3 18:53:57

manivannan, i have all the tscii fonts, and still it doesn't work. i need to c&p to anjal to read this site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast