Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ponniyin selvan

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

mmc (@ sb.n*) on: Tue Jul 16 08:21:52

Vanathi & others, Infact there is no comparison of Chola Kings with that of other kingdoms of that age....they were very much cultured in the sense that one didnt kill his own brother or father to ascend the throne( if u see the Ghaznavi or Sinhalese Kings of the same period , u will find that one will murder even ones father to get the throne!). Also Rajaraja chola gave grants to various religious places and hospitals were setup for people... The chola kings were the pioneers in water harvesting and the technology involved in building a wide network of canals was replicated in other countries.... The Kallanai Dam was built be the earlier cholas(karikala I).... much before similar ways were found for utilising the water in other parts of India and asia. <table bgcolor="yellow" border=1 bordercolor="green" cols=1><tr><td><font face="lucida" handwriting="honeydew" size=7>Mummudicholan</font></td></tr></table>

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Sridhar (@ pc-6*) on: Fri Apr 11 19:31:12

Ponniyin Selvan is available at
    http://www.geocities.com/ponniyinselvan_kalki/

if you are interested in good discussions on PS visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ponniyinselvan/

Sridhar

Post Thanks / Like

raj (@ banj*) on: Fri Dec 12 03:16:34

Ilamkavi,
    There are lot of proofs to say that Rajarajan
    did not kill Adhithya. If you think like that or believe like that, then what is the motive of that murder? AK is not a god. There are so may persons in country trying to hide the fame of tamil kings.
    If he had killed Adhithya for the crown, he would not have given the crown to Uthama cholan. This incident is true.
    After he came to power he found the murderers( Ravidhasan, Soman sambavan etc. These persons really lived in that time). He asked them to go away from chola dynasty because in that time the kings would not kill brahmins.
    So you dont believe the rumers created by persons those who want to hide the fame of tamil kings.

Post Thanks / Like

Vallathevan (@ gbo9*) on: Fri Jan 30 18:28:02

Makkale,
    PS is available at tamil.net

Post Thanks / Like

Karikal Cholan (@ 81-1*) on: Wed Feb 11 18:37:48 EST 2004

Cholas never involved royal killings were as Pandiyan and other kingdoms involved

Rajaraja Cholan never killed his brother for the throne. He throned his uncle was a proof the great king respecting seniority and rights common in Tamil Culture(not now, kodu poda chonnal, makkal rodu pottuviduvarkal). Anyway some fools always oppose the discussion as the way they like to get focus because they never known the glorious Tamil history. Its better forget these useless. Cholas never dieing concept and Cholas will always come in Tamil who can show utmost responsibility towards people. Pandiyan Sundara betrayed Tamil inviting malka kafur. Chera Senguttuvan mistakenly brought north king(with sankskrit) during his successful himalayan conquest made malayalam born. Cholas never did that mistakes. Even Rajaraja Cholan was invited by Ceylon budha leader to take throne he didn't. He knew ceylon throne nothing infront ordinary Thanjavur farmer. I am another Cholan from the same place.

Post Thanks / Like

Vijay (@ h061*) on: Tue May 18 01:37:37 EDT 2004

Ponniyin Selvan is very much available on the net.Goto www.prjectmadurai.org You can download the full ponniyin selvan in PDF format. All 5 volumes available. No need to install any fonts for this.

Also if anybody can let me know whether nanthipurathu nayagi by Vikraman is available on the net, I would be very happy. I came to know that it is not interesting to read like PS, but I can have a different angle of reading historic novel.

Post Thanks / Like

Vijay (@ h061*) on: Tue May 18 04:05:02 EDT 2004

I have read PS twice. This can be attributed to be a Tamizh Mahabharatham. I was an ardent ffan of Sujatha. After reading kalki, Sujatha seems to be a very low profile writer. Fans of Sujatha, pls excuse me. He still is one of my favorites. In a way it is good that PS is cinematized. For the sake of compromise they will add some stupid things. But what is the real sad part, Tamil Nadu is with so muuch of rich literature, such epics are not part of Tamil curriculum in schools. At least in a condensed form, this should be taught to the school children.
    After reading PS, I really fell in love with Kunthavai. Though I can't marry her now, I would like to have all those qualities in my future wife.

Post Thanks / Like

Vijay (@ h061*) on: Tue May 18 04:09:05 EDT 2004

Does any body have any idea, whether the soft version of Nanthipurathu Nayagi is available. I know it is not that absorbing like PS. But I would definitely want to read what had happened to the love affair of Kunthavai. I know it got succeeded. But I want to read that novel. Please mail me, if you have a soft copy of the novel.
    Also if there is a website, where the drawings of Maniam Selvam of PS, is present, please let me know. I had read PS, with the soft copy. So I couldn't see the lively pictures of Kundhavai drawn by Maniam Selvan. Please let me know, whether these pics have been archived by some nice gentleman.
    thx in advance,
    Vijay

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123