Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponniyin Selvan-Kalki

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

SELLIAH (@ wc09*) on: Sun Oct 26 18:48:01 EST 2003

Kalki Krishnamoothy is still living and will live for ever. He is celeberated as AMARAR just like Rabindranath Tagore and Mahakavi Bharathi. To my judgement Amarar Krishnamoorthy is not second to Shakspeare. Ponniyin selvan is such a great creation because almost all the characters living in his mega novel live in our imagination.
    I dont know why these cinema producers never think about making films sellecting stories from the novel. Sexy Love unbelievable fights and belly dances are the only sequences the South Indian cinema businessmen think the Tamil women old women boys and girls would like.Damn sin.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Vijay (@ p211*) on: Tue Dec 23 08:37:39

I read all the 5 volumes of Ponniyin Selvan at a stretch and completed within 4 weeks. Just can't take my eyes off. But I missed the lively paintings of Maniam Selvan, since i read the downloaded versions from the Net. Can anybody let me know whether these paintings are uploaded somewhere in the net. I would be grateful to them. Please mail me the URL to vksankaran@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance,
    Vijay Kumar

Post Thanks / Like

Vijay (@ p211*) on: Tue Dec 23 08:56:58 EST 2003

Actually, when I finished reading Ponniyin Selvan, I felt, why this novel ended. Can't this continue for anopther 5 volumes. Rathertthan knowing the end, I was more interested in knowing what happened next. The characters were lively. Infact I have fallen in love with the character Kunthavai. I kept reading the portions where Kunthavai, proposes to Vanthiyathevan in the jail and also the last part, where she tells him that she rejected the Pallava Prince's sugsestion of marrying her. Really beautiful Novel. A master piece. Iam wondering, why such novels are not prescribed for the Tamil Syllabus. Such novels should be prescribed for Tamil syllabus, rather than silappathikaaram.

Post Thanks / Like

jagan (@ 220.*) on: Mon Dec 29 08:50:44 EST 2003

can i get the varthamanan publishers new address in tnagar
    pls

Post Thanks / Like

rahul (@ 203.*) on: Tue Jan 13 12:11:51 EST 2004

dumb heads who proprogate reading such juvenile stuff . laughing my heads thinking of how how really low intelligence level creatures must be who read kalki and describe it as if it is the bible in a church reading.

Post Thanks / Like

Narayanan Sridharan (@ 203.*) on: Wed Jan 14 05:52:16 EST 20

Ponniyin Selvan - after reading so many times, I was left wondering, who is the hero in this. My God! can anyone write a novel of 5 volumes, but the reader will not have an idea whether Arulmozi Varman or Vandhiya Thevan is the hero. Going by the title it may be Arulmozi but the story goes with Vandiya Thevan. Also, characters like Azwarku Adiyan, Kandamaran, Pinagabani (you can add on ...) are really memorable. In fact, few years back, with my friend in Bangalore, our office collegues were compared with the Characters of P. Selvan. It was great fun. Most of the characters were there.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

gopalakrishnan p.r (@ ip68*) on: Tue Feb 3 15:51:57 EST 2004

i am an aredent fan rather a mad of kalkis novels both historical,social and comedy.i am so fortunate to have the collection of ponniyin selvan the one serialises in 1955 with drawings of maniam and the second one with vinu thirs one again reproduction of manian and fourth one also.
    i have collectionof his novels and interested in collecting his articles under the pen name of karnatakam

Post Thanks / Like

ramaswamygk (@ ip68*) on: Tue Feb 3 19:36:28 EST 2004

ponniyin selvan a wondernovel one gets trabsformed in to the character as the character comes. many a times i got transformed in to vandhiyadevan and arul mozi varmar as well as kundavai.all the characters finding their way in me.and the characters are lively drawn by manaiam,second vinu venkatram,thirs reproduced from manaiam fourth manaim selvan and fifth time by srilnakn artist all are wonderfully but the later ones are just reproduction of the original ones of manaim.the pazuvettariyars both peria and chinna are illustrated by the great artist maniyam so nicely .i have read the all the five parts over 50 times narrations are similar to that of alexander dumas.

Post Thanks / Like

ramaswamygk (@ ip68*) on: Tue Feb 3 19:36:36 EST 2004

ponniyin selvan a wondernovel one gets trabsformed in to the character as the character comes. many a times i got transformed in to vandhiyadevan and arul mozi varmar as well as kundavai.all the characters finding their way in me.and the characters are lively drawn by manaiam,second vinu venkatram,thirs reproduced from manaiam fourth manaim selvan and fifth time by srilnakn artist all are wonderfully but the later ones are just reproduction of the original ones of manaim.the pazuvettariyars both peria and chinna are illustrated by the great artist maniyam so nicely .i have read the all the five parts over 50 times narrations are similar to that of alexander dumas.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast