Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponniyin Selvan-Kalki

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    * Adiththa karikaalan (veerapandian thalai gondavan)

* Vanthia Dhevan

* Kantha maaRan

* PaarthibEndhra pallavan were all veeraadhi veerargaL!

But when they meet nandhini, she will rule them all!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kalki will be at his best when he compares the beauty of Nandini and Kuntavai when they meet eye to eye in Thanjavur !

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ITS THE

BEST BOOK ive ever read

or would ever read

I LOVED, LIVED, FANTASISED THE CHARACTER

NANDINI

Post Thanks / Like
    When it comes to romance, I would rate chANdilyan much higher than that of kalki. However, in ponniyin selvan, the first meeting of vandhiya thevan and kundhavai in kudanthai jothidar home was hilarious!

After going through vaanadhi's bright future, vaanadhi would ask, which emperor or King is going to come to marry akkA (Kundhavai)?

Kudanthai jOthidar will say, "antha veeraadhiveerar vanthu koNdE irukkIraar thaayE"

As soon as he says that, there will be a noise in the entrance of the house. Vanthiya thevan will not be allowed to enter the jOdhidar house without "proper explanation". He would not listen, he will enter by force.

As soon as he enters the inner room where these two beautiful women and the jOthidar were discussing, he will be really embarrassed as he himself will feel that he was indeed rude.

I think then he will go and wait outside with an apology,

While Kundhavai is leaving, he would formally apologize to her for his misbehavior. But Kundhavai will not acknowledge that properly and she will just "give a look with the smile" which will sound so sarcastic to him.

He will get angry and say,

kudanthai (thanjai?) nagaraththu peNgaLukkum mariyaathaikkum romba thooram polirukku! !

It was a beautiful first meeting between the Hero and the heroine!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stranger
    When it comes to romance, I would rate chANdilyan much higher than that of kalki.
    Exactly !

When it comes to Romance, I would definitly put Chandilyan ahead of Kalki. But IMHO, The way Kalki handles love is like

"you won't feel as if you are dealing with a storm. IT will be like a soft, pleasant air (to be short - THENDRAL)"

சிவகாமியின் நாட்டியக்கலை வளர்ச்சியிலே கூட அவருக்குச் சிரத்தை குறைந்துவிட்டது. இது சிவகாமிக்கும் சௌகரியமாகவே இருந்தது. ஏனெனில் அவளுடைய வாழ்க்கையாகிய வானத்திலே ஜகஜ்ஜோதியாக உதயமாகி அவளுடைய இதயத் தாமரையை மலரச் செய்திருந்த பிரேம சூரியனைப் பாடிப் பரவி வாழ்த்தி வணங்குவதற்கே அவளுக்குக் காலம் போதாமலிருந்தது. உலகத்தில் இதுகாறும் யாரும் கண்டும் கேட்டுமறியாத அதிசயக் காதற் செல்வம் தனக்குக் கிட்டியிருப்பதாக எண்ணிய சிவகாமி அந்தக் காதலையும் காதலனையும் பற்றிச் சிந்திப்பதிலும், மனோராஜ்யம் செய்வதிலும் வருங்காலத்தைப் பற்றிய ஆகாசக் கோட்டைகள் கட்டுவதிலும் எல்லையற்ற இன்பத்தை அடைந்து வந்தாள். அந்த மனோராஜ்ய வாழ்க்கையிலேதான் எத்தனை ஆனந்தம்! எத்தனை ஏமாற்றம்! கூடிக் குலாவும் நேரம் எவ்வளவு! சொல்லம்புகளினால் துன்புறுத்தல் எவ்வளவு? அந்த எட்டு மாதத்து மனோராஜ்ய வாழ்விலே எத்தனையோ யுக யுகாந்திரங்களில் அனுபவிக்க வேண்டிய சோகச் சாயை படர்ந்த ஆனந்தங்களையும் இன்ப ரேகை கலந்த வேதனைகளையும் சிவகாமி அனுபவித்து விட்டாள் என்றே சொல்ல வேண்டும்.

---------------------------------------

A Narration during the Birthday of SivaGaami. The way she is suffering with her expectations on Narasimmar.

"வேண்டாம், வேண்டாம்! உடனே எல்லாவற்றையும் வெளியே கொண்டு போங்கள். உங்கள் பல்லவ குமாரரிடம், 'சிவகாமி ஒரு காலத்தில் பூ என்றால் பிராணனாயிருந்ததுண்டு, ஆனால், ஏதோ ஒரு காரணத்தினால் இப்போது பூவைக் கண்டால் பிடிப்பதேயில்லையாம்!' என்று தெரியப்படுத்துங்கள்... ஆமாம்; இதையெல்லாம் எதற்காக இப்போது பல்லவ குமாரர் அனுப்பினாராம்?"

"இன்றைக்குத் தங்களுடைய பிறந்த தினம் என்பதற்காக அனுப்பியுள்ளார், அம்மணி!"

"அப்படியா? மிகவும் சந்தோஷம் இந்த ஏழைச் சிற்பி மகளின் பிறந்த தினத்தைக் குமார சக்கரவர்த்தி நினைவு வைத்துக் கொண்டிருப்பது பற்றி நிரம்பச் சந்தோஷம். ஆனால், அவருடைய ஞாபக சக்தியில் ஏதோ கோளாறு ஏற்பட்டிருக்க வேண்டும். நீங்கள் இந்தப் பொருள்களையெல்லாம் எடுத்துக் கொண்டு போய் 'இன்று சிவகாமியின் பிறந்த நாள் இல்லை' என்று சொல்லி விடுங்கள். 'சிவகாமி என்கிற பெண் பூமியில் பிறக்கவே இல்லை' என்று பல்லவ குமாரரிடம் சொல்லிவிடுங்கள்!"

whereas,

Chandilyan's style of handling Romance is a bit different. He portrays them in a realistic way (by adding enough style and narration in explaining the sequence of events)

He rather puts aggressiveness his style of narration sometimes. Sometimes, I feel as if he is concentrating more on love. :P
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Post Thanks / Like
    Rami,
    Should we have to restrict ourselves in discussing only abt PS or it can be extended to others works of KALKI too?

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Post Thanks / Like
    Stranger, Let me post the exact Tamil Version here

"அம்மா! இளைய பிராட்டிக்கு எல்லாம் சொல்லியிருக்கிறேன். புதிதாக என்ன சொல்ல வேண்டும்?"

"அக்காவை மணந்து கொள்ளப் போகும் வீராதி வீரர்..."

"அசகாய சூரர்" என்று குந்தவை குறுக்கிட்டுச் சொன்னாள்.

"சந்தேகம் என்ன? மகா பராக்கிரமசாலியான இராஜகுமாரர்..."

"முப்பத்திரண்டு சாமுத்ரிகா லட்சணமும் பொருந்தியவர்; புத்தியில் பிரகஸ்பதி; வித்தையில் சரஸ்வதி; அழகிலே மன்மதன்; ஆற்றலில் அர்ஜுனன்!"

"இளைய பிராட்டிக்கு ஏற்ற அந்த ஸுகுமாரரான இராஜகுமாரர் எங்கிருந்து எப்போது வருவார்."

"வருகிறார், தாயே! வருகிறார்! கட்டாயம் வரப்போகிறார் அதி சீக்கிரத்திலேயே வருவார்."

"எப்படி வருவார்? குதிரை மேலே வருவாரா? ரதத்தில் ஏறி வருவாரா? யானைமேல் வருவாரா? கால் நடையாக வருவாரா? அல்லது நேரே ஆகாசத்திலிருந்து கூரையைப் பொத்துக் கொண்டு வந்து குதிப்பாரா!" என்று குந்தவை தேவி கேலியாகக் கேட்டாள்.

வீட்டு வாசலில் சிறிது ஒதுங்கி நின்ற வந்தியத்தேவன், பெண்மணிகளைப் பார்த்ததும், "மன்னிக்கவேண்டும். உள்ளே பெண்கள் இருக்கிறார்கள் என்று இந்தப் புத்திசாலி சொல்லவில்லை. ஆகையினால்தான் அப்படி அவசரமாக வந்துவிட்டேன்! அதற்காக மன்னிக்க வேண்டும்!" என்று உரத்த குரலில் சொன்னான்.

குந்தவை மலர்ந்த முகத்துடன் குறும்பும் கேலியும் மிடுக்கும் ததும்பிய கண்களினால் வந்தியத்தேவனை ஒரு தடவை ஏறிட்டுப் பார்த்தாள். ஒரு வார்த்தையும் மறுமொழி சொல்லவில்லை. வானதியை ஒரு கையினால் பிடித்து இழுத்துக் கொண்டு ரதம் நின்ற ஆலமரத்தடியை நோக்கிச் சென்றாள்.

"குடந்தை நகரத்துப் பெண்களுக்கு மரியாதையே தெரியாது போலிருக்கிறது. ஏதடா ஒரு மனிதன் வலிய வந்து பேசுகிறானே என்பதற்காகவாவது திரும்பிப் பார்த்து ஒரு வார்த்தை பதில் சொல்லக் கூடாதோ?" என்று வந்தியத்தேவன் இரைந்து கூறியது அவர்கள் காதில் விழுந்தது.

----------------

I think you were referring to this scene only.

Post Thanks / Like
    selva!

Thanks for giving a better original picture.

Mine was just rusty old memories despite the fact that we have downloaded the web-version of P S and have web-copy with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stranger
    selva!

Thanks for giving a better original picture.

Mine was just rusty old memories despite the fact that we have downloaded the web-version of P S and have web-copy with us!

oh.. That's great Stranger ! Good Memory

ACtually, I bought the entire WORKS OF KALKI (CD FORMAT) just a few weeks back..

It has all the WORKS OF KALKI

The price is very minimal .. Just RS.199/-.. Reading PS only (Again :P )

Infact, Kalvanin Kaadhali is one work which I missed out. Allocating my time for that too.. :P

Senior Member Senior Hubber kannannn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    ACtually, I bought the entire WORKS OF KALKI (CD FORMAT) just a few weeks back..

It has all the WORKS OF KALKI
    Selva, don't you find reading on the PC tiring? I tried it but have now decided to order a copy of 'Ponniyin Selvan' on the net for third reading. Interestingly, the offers online are quite cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    Reading PS only (Again :P )
    I am reading 'Sivagamiyin Sabatham' now . Next in line is 'Parthiban Kanavu'. I notice that Kalki follows a particular style in introducing his characters, that make you either like them or despise them immediately. Is it just me, or do others too feel it?
    "Why do we need filmmaking equipment?"
    "Because, Marcel, my sweet, we're going to make a film. Just for the Nazis."

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast