Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponniyin Selvan-Kalki

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Albin (@ 202.*) on: Mon Jun 7 10:18:07 EDT 2004

hi guys, It's one the greatest novels i'hv ever read. we tamils should be very proud for our ancient culture dipicted beautifully by Thru Kalki.Vanthia devan, Arulmolzhi vermar, Adithya Karikalan, Kundavai,Ponkulalai,and offcourse Nandani what great characters and the beatuy for Tamilnadu described by thee author the flowing rivers the prety maidens the great warriors the customs which were followed, makes you feel that we should have lived in that period rather than live today

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

barani (@ 61.1*) on: Tue Jun 8 02:30:02 EDT 2004

every one who read the ponniyin selvan will be addicted to the novel. no wonder the film personalities trying to picturise the story. From M.G.R to kamal every one tried making the film. But its their ego which prevented them doing the film. they have confusion chosing the role whether to take vanthiyathevan who comes all along the story or the hero arulmozhivarmar.
    anyhow as vijay said if it is made into a film the all our imaginations will be ruined.

Post Thanks / Like

T.Loganathan, Bangalore (@ 61.2*) on: Tue Jun 15 06:05:53 ED

En einya nanbargale
    Ponniyin selvan 5 paguthigalum ennakku vandum. entha vilasatthil ulladhu enbathai theyriya paduthinal migavum nallathu.

Nandhini character ondru mattum thaan namadhu tamil kalacharathai ellaam ulagukku theriya padutthum

ungal eniya Nanban
    Loganathan T

Post Thanks / Like

jayabalasundari (@ 203.*) on: Tue Jun 15 07:16:37 EDT 2004

u can only feel the story and not describe about it can read it anynumber of times and from anywhere and still ur interest won't fall down u just don't read a novel actually u live it and all the songs quoted also stay in ur memory foreg. kandein kandein kandein kannukiniyanai kandein. etc., u come across a variety of characters and yet each one of them are important and cotribute to the story in their own way u can just go on saying things but the best way to comment over it is just read it once more or introduce it to a new person who haven't read it will be a good experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Amarnath (@ 61.1*) on: Tue Jun 29 06:16:10 EDT 2004

Oh well what words can do justice to Ponniyin Selvan ? I read the first three parts in physical format and the last two parts in electronic format....None of todays english novels can come anywhere near this master piece....

Post Thanks / Like

V. Rajesh (@ 61.1*) on: Sat Jul 3 07:49:09 EDT 2004

Hello friends,

Really I am very happy that these much fans are there to Ponniyin Selvan (here after we may call as "PS").
    I have read three times the PS from my childhood days in Kalki weekly cuttings where we can feel the character on us by Maniam selvam drawings of each and every part. So the good way of making this book is through Kalki weekly, if it is running now.
    And also I would like to tell that "If anybody want to feel the days of Rajaraja Cholan ("RC"), you have to go once Thanjavur Big temple and Palace.
    I use to go regularly there whenever I visited to native. Yes, Thanjavur is my native and am proud of it.
    Have a visit to Big temple at the morning time which is good time to feel the great architecture of RC and his contemporarians and have ride to Palace at evening time. The present palace is actually not a RC's one, it is Maratia king's ("MK"). I heard that RCs palace was located near Srinivasapuram area behind to Big temple. Recently somebody has found one great pillar built 1000 years ago while digging there for house construction. Come to present palace, here the vibration, lighting and smell which I felt of by the buildings and things is really carrying me to the RC's days. The same vibrations might have pesent in the RC's days. Becaue this present palace was built in the same sand of RC's 300 to 400 years ago by MKs. These feelings I had from my childhood days whenever I visted the Palace with my grandpa. So please have a ride to Thanjavur to fulfill the PS fan.
    Thanks to share my thoughts.

Rajesh.

Post Thanks / Like

Melvin (@ 164.*) on: Wed Jul 7 07:55:08 EDT 2004

A damn good book that will take you to the ancient times and make you see all the events with your own eyes. I enjoyed it very much. Im glad to know that there is an English version of this great work. Oooopphhhewww...... no words to say.......

Post Thanks / Like

santhosh kumar (@ as31*) on: Wed Jul 14 07:02:06 EDT 2004

Dear Friends,

really iam very happy, to see this website, i many thanks to priya for this web site, what a great author, what a great story superb characters, i like all characters even vaidhiyar maghan, also support a important character. nandhini, pazhuvatharayar, great, so please tell all of ur freinds to read this book, because this is one of our historical evidence.
    thank u for given this chance.
    Vandhiyadevan Ninaivudhan
    endrum anbudhan
    santhosh kumar.

Post Thanks / Like

ArunPrakash (@ 203.*) on: Tue Jul 20 14:53:45 EDT 2004

hi friends
    gr8 to find that there are so many ppl who liked the novel.i too,have read the novel numerous times,since my child hood days.but i have one query in my mind ,for which unfortunately,i cudnt find any answer in the novel.who really is the father of nandhini?kalki ,himself has not answered this question clearly..In one part he says she is the daughter of the pandia king whom she tried to save.Then in some another place he says she was born to another guy whom he refers as karunthiraman,who saved her from the sea.
    Can someone throw some light on this...
    Arun

Post Thanks / Like

Surya (@ adsl*) on: Thu Jul 22 15:13:38 EDT 2004

hai can u tell me how to make it legible and readable i visited this site but was not able to understand the script in it pls help
    http://www.bindu.8m.net/whats_new.html
    pls mail me back

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast