Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jyothisham - The Scientific Calculation

Senior Member Regular Hubber srivatsan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jyothisham - The Scientific Calculation

The general (mis)conception about Jyothisha sasthra is "it is a myth with no science involved." It is a fashion nowadays to say "hey I dont belive in all this"....

As some (may be many) people who claim themselves to be an "astrologer" start predicting things, which has no credibility, people start thinking that astrology is a hogwash and "Andha Vishawasam" or Mooda nambikkai". If anyone dies becuz of a wrong medication from a person, who claimes to be a doctor, can we call the system a hogwash? Similarly, when a person who doesn't know astrology predicts some thing, there is no guaranty that his prediction will come true....

But, if we look in to Astrology, we can see that it has perfect scientific facts with extensive mathematical calculations inside...This is a great treasure which has been inherited to us by our benovalent ancestors.

In this thread we will discuss the various, scientific and logical aspect of Jyothisha shastra, as quoted in our Puraanas, Ithihaasas and other samhithas......
    DHARMO RAKSHATHI RAKSHITHA:

A typical Indian Cultural forum! www.samskruthi.org

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber r_kk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Jyothisha sasthra" is not a science, it may be pseudo science. A simple calculation given at the following link can shatter the entire basics of the so called "extensive calculation"

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewt...=4841&start=19
    Netrikan thirapinum kutram kutrame...

Post Thanks / Like
    In the basic lessons of astrology, the sky around us undertsood to have 360 degrees and this has been divided in to 12 equal sectors giving 30 degrees to each...

Each such 12 sectors are given name as follows...

Mesham
    Vrishbham
    Mithunam
    Katakam
    Simham
    Kanni
    Thulam
    Vrischikam
    Dhanus
    Makaram
    Kumbham
    Meenam...

Similarly 27 stellar constellation called Nakshathram, which has most influenze on earth has been identified and each such stellar constallation is divided in to 4 equal parts and 2.25 nakshatrams are allocated to one Rasi.....

To be continued...

I requested other hubbers to contribute their valuable knowldge and information about Jyothisham....

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sri ... i believe that Astro is a Science ....
    but can u explain about what was said by r_kk above ?
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those who know science Jyothisham is not a science for others it could be science and why not geography ?
    use of scientific facts and extensive mathematical calculations cannot make an exercise a scientific one. I can say sun rises in the east and 100 + 100 = 200 and so Srivatsan is a simpleton, is this scientific ? It would be just a unscientific correlation between cause and effect. And if srivatsan is really a simpleton can i be called an astrology expert ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mahadevan
    For those who know science Jyothisham is not a science for others it could be science and why not geography ?
    use of scientific facts and extensive mathematical calculations cannot make an exercise a scientific one. I can say sun rises in the east and 100 + 100 = 200 and so Srivatsan is a simpleton, is this scientific ? It would be just a unscientific correlation between cause and effect. And if srivatsan is really a simpleton can i be called an astrology expert ?
    Mr. Mahadevan, I know how seriously and authoritatively you argue with things....No one will stop you if you are going to call you a scientist...

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mahadevan
    This depends on how much science we know . Eastern science is way too advanced for western world to understand. If you want to compare, if you believe in Einstein, please refer to Einstein's parallel universe theorem and the light cone. Look at microscopic theory and macroscopic theory. Western scientists are still baffled by the discontinuity between these two. Even Einstein, Hawking, Penrose and others failed to find the bridge between the macroscopic and microscopic theory. But these are accounted in Eastern science. The missing link is what we call aarudam / sothidam or whatsoever. Western astrology is much different and is not science. But eastern astrology is science.

Ofcourse, you can say that the sun rises in the east and 100 + 100 = 200, but you must be able to derive and relate both. There are a lot of calculations involved in astrology. It is not merely some if-else conditions.

Eastern science is based on a lot of observation and knowledge passed through generations. It was not developed in a day. Western science is hardly around 400 years old - too young to compete with eastern science which is thousands of years old.
    யாகாவா ராயினு னாகாக்க

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by manyvan2000
    This depends on how much science we know . Eastern science is way too advanced for western world to understand. If you want to compare, if you believe in Einstein, please refer to Einstein's parallel universe theorem and the light cone. Look at microscopic theory and macroscopic theory. Western scientists are still baffled by the discontinuity between these two. Even Einstein, Hawking, Penrose and others failed to find the bridge between the macroscopic and microscopic theory. But these are accounted in Eastern science. The missing link is what we call aarudam / sothidam or whatsoever. Western astrology is much different and is not science. But eastern astrology is science.

Ofcourse, you can say that the sun rises in the east and 100 + 100 = 200, but you must be able to derive and relate both. There are a lot of calculations involved in astrology. It is not merely some if-else conditions.

Eastern science is based on a lot of observation and knowledge passed through generations. It was not developed in a day. Western science is hardly around 400 years old - too young to compete with eastern science which is thousands of years old.
    Good observation after my exams are over, I will start contributing in this thread...as it needs special atttention...in the mean time, I req other hubbers to contribute...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doubts!
    *If a baby borns in places other than India..Say U.S or U.K..What time you will use to design(Right word ) the horoscope?
    * Say an astrologer says that if the baby borns in so and so time or so and so day then he/she will lead a prosperous life then if they Pre or Postpon the child birth..then is it against Karma?
    * How far 'Numerology' helps a persons growth? Say calling a person as "Rajaa" instead of Raja...How it works out!! Vibrations?? If Vibrations is the reason..What is the need of using it in your signature? Vibrations deals with sound right??

Sorry if my doubts are kiddish because i am weak but curious in this subject.

Thanks,
    Sridhar!

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Sridhar
    Doubts!
    *If a baby borns in places other than India..Say U.S or U.K..What time you will use to design(Right word ) the horoscope?
    * Say an astrologer says that if the baby borns in so and so time or so and so day then he/she will lead a prosperous life then if they Pre or Postpon the child birth..then is it against Karma?
    * How far 'Numerology' helps a persons growth? Say calling a person as "Rajaa" instead of Raja...How it works out!! Vibrations?? If Vibrations is the reason..What is the need of using it in your signature? Vibrations deals with sound right??

Sorry if my doubts are kiddish because i am weak but curious in this subject.

Thanks,
    Sridhar!
    For the first question, horoscope should always be calculated based on the location and local time. Time is a relative measure and depends very much on the location.
    For the second, this needs a humongous explanation. To be simple, I shall say "Nature decides what is to happen. We can only observe. We cant change what is destined."
    Third: Numerology is a western invention. Though eastern astrology deals with a lot of numbers, it is not based only on the numbers.
    Vibrations does help change a lot of things - both physically and psychologically. But adding a character to your signature is not of any use. The way you are called is important, though it is not the only thing influencing your life. For instance, if I change my name to Gates, I am not gonna be rich like him. It, again, is relative to my original horoscope. Actually, my answer to your second question is applicable to this. You wont change your name unless you want to do it. No one can influence you to change your name.
    In tamil we call it "vidhi". This is generally translated in english as fate. But english fate is something very different from tamil "vidhi". Vidhi = law - law of the nature. This is what western scientists are trying to find and are failing. The law of nature cant be broken.
    This will take more time to explain, as I am unable to do it now, I will explain in detail later.
    யாகாவா ராயினு னாகாக்க

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast