Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hinduism as a way of life; not abt god but abt health!

Senior Member Senior Hubber Fire111999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

hinduism as a way of life; not abt god but abt health!

this thread is not intended for the discussion of the religious aspects of hinduism or for comparisons b/w different religions.

this is for the discussion of hinduism as a way of life, i.e. abt stuff like yoga, vegetarianism, going for an early morning walk during margali masam, etc.

i have changed the title of this thread. i hope it is more appropriate now.
    ~~~Believe. Just saying - I can do it, can give surprising results. ~~~

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

~~~ Check out the painted hand elephant!~~~

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unlike the semitic religions where religion and spritualism are coupled, in India they are mostly treated distinctly though are interconnected at times, Religion as a way of life is what we call as Hinduism and spiritualism as advocated by our great saints is absolutely holistic and devoid of any religious overtures. Spritualism is more scientific and logical. Religion as always is a set of rules defined by and for the advantages of the dominant people to perpetuate their dominance over others at the same time maintain a semblemce of decorum either by force or volition, else the system would collapse. Hinduism in that sense has elaborated certain good aspects of its spiritualistic counterpart but does have a lot of bad/senseless practices borne our of dogmatism and ill will towards certain section of the people. The latter was so pronounced in hinduiusm to get the unique place among the religions of the world as the only religion to discriminate its own people. The shamless part of it is, even today, even in this same forum there are supporters for such inhuman principles.

Senior Member Regular Hubber r_o_j_a's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    according to vedic scriptures , santhana dharma is not a religion..
    no set of rules or guidelines to follow ..
    up to an individual to choose his/her own path through self realization.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mahadevan
    Unlike the semitic religions where religion and spritualism are coupled, in India they are mostly treated distinctly though are interconnected at times, Religion as a way of life is what we call as Hinduism and spiritualism as advocated by our great saints is absolutely holistic and devoid of any religious overtures. Spritualism is more scientific and logical. Religion as always is a set of rules defined by and for the advantages of the dominant people to perpetuate their dominance over others at the same time maintain a semblemce of decorum either by force or volition, else the system would collapse. Hinduism in that sense has elaborated certain good aspects of its spiritualistic counterpart but does have a lot of bad/senseless practices borne our of dogmatism and ill will towards certain section of the people. The latter was so pronounced in hinduiusm to get the unique place among the religions of the world as the only religion to discriminate its own people. The shamless part of it is, even today, even in this same forum there are supporters for such inhuman principles.

As Mahadevan has clearly pointed out, there is a clear cut demarcation between the Hindu religion and spirituality, which is more universal.

Both as a moderator and a hubber, I think the title of this thread is not quite right. Indeed, I would even consider it unacceptable.

Fire, if you are not intending to talk about Hinduism as a religion, I think the title "Is Hinduism mainly just a way of life?" wholly inappropriate to all those Hubbers who are not Hindus. Request you to change the title.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sbadri99

As Mahadevan has clearly pointed out, there is a clear cut demarcation between the Hindu religion and spirituality, which is more universal.

Both as a moderator and a hubber, I think the title of this thread is not quite right. Indeed, I would even consider it unacceptable.

Fire, if you are not intending to talk about Hinduism as a religion, I think the title "Is Hinduism mainly just a way of life?" wholly inappropriate to all those Hubbers who are not Hindus. Request you to change the title.
    pls suggest a more suitable title. thanks!

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    That depends on what you want this thread to dsicuss, Fire. Apart from a perfunctory "stuff abt yoga etc." you havent really provided us with much clues as to what you wish to discuss.
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That depends on what you want this thread to dsicuss, Fire. Apart from a perfunctory "stuff abt yoga etc." you havent really provided us with much clues as to what you wish to discuss.
    actually i wanted to include so much more like vegetarianism, and small small things like the recommendation to take an early morning walk in margali masam, etc.

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

Senior Member Regular Hubber r_o_j_a's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire111999
    actually i wanted to include so much more like vegetarianism, and small small things like the recommendation to take an early morning walk in margali masam, etc.
    if you want to discuss some thing like vegetarianism in hinduism.. are you linking back quotes from vedic scriptures or just outlining the main principles?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by r_o_j_a
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire111999
    if you want to discuss some thing like vegetarianism in hinduism.. are you linking back quotes from vedic scriptures or just outlining the main principles?
    just main principles; abt the healthy and medicinal values of vegetarian food and herbs, etc.

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hindusim is a SCIENTIFIC way to ELIMINATE the MAYA from our MATERIALISTIC life and UNITE us with ISHWAR(Param Atma)

Hindusim, is SCIENTIFIC approach to MUKTHI(Liberation) rather thean EMOTIONAL approach!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast