Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: An interview with writer Indira Parthasarathy

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

venkat (@ vect*) on: Sun Aug 22 20:38:48

chandra,

IP has bought to notice a very valid point that tamil is not recognized as a classic language. I have an equally serious anguish that the Indian constitution which was originally written in english is not translated into any *national* languages. It is but sad that if you do not know english (or Hindi) you cannot read the constitution of your country (and cannot know what rights it sanctions and forbids).

Incidently, I have an abridged *tamil* version of the erstwhile German Demacratic Republic (GDR, East germany) constitution that I received from Radio Berlin International during my school days !!!???

All that we have nurtured these days is only linguistic hatred.

Equally (and sometimes more obnoxious) is the *nationalistic* outlook and the associated inertia. If you wanted to send a money order (from kovilpatti to kambam) you need to know english/hindi. To have it printed in tamil, someone had to fast-unto-death and it was acceeded in 10 days. And to have it printed in kannada, after 1 year, someone else had to fast-unto-death. Things that should happen automatically must be *achieved* in our country.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Ramji (@ 205.*) on: Tue Aug 24 12:01:41

Kanchana:

It may be a good idea to get I.P's response to the points raised here plus a closing statement. I hasten to add point( question?):

Quoting IP "Liberation should come from within, for its own sake; not just to be against someone. A woman should be able to do and live by what she truly believes is right." Could IP revisit this in conjunction with his views on issues of social inequalities, oppression etc in other areas of the society?

Post Thanks / Like

Udhaya (@ 205.*) on: Wed Aug 25 21:06:55

I absolutely enjoyed the interview and believe that IP is an artist worth learning about. But I also had a few issues with some of his remarks.

"Those who say they’re fighting for women’s rights are cheapening the issue by their vulgar behavior. Smoking and drinking don’t constitute liberation, they are just personal habits."

Yes, they're just personal habits, but why is it vulgar behavior? Maybe you are a bit conservative, MR. IP.

"Another recent example: Deepa Mehta’s "Fire" has been labeled as a women’s liberation film because there is a lesbian relationship involved. . .The movie makes it sound as if the men were bad, so lesbianism was the answer, so it is about women’s liberation.Am I supposed to accept this as a sound logical argument?"

Sir, the movie doesn't dictate that lesbianism is the only answer when the men are bad. It just shows beautifully that two women can fall in love in the most unlikely circumstances, the fact that the principles in love were women wasn't the crux of the relationship, the fact that love and compassion is possible anywhere is the worthwhile message the movie conveys.

Also, where did you hear that falling in love had anything to do with being sound and logical?

"Now, homosexuality is based on several psychological factors for both men and women."

Now, that's a clinical distance put on the issue of homosexuality, isn't it? Why can't love be manifested out of kindness and passion regardless of gender?

Post Thanks / Like

Kanchana Dhamodharan (@ spid*) on: Thu Aug 26 11:21:47

A Message From Writer Indira Parthasarathy

"To my dear Forum Hub friends:
    I read through your discussions. I find there have been some good responses to general issues.

I'm especially glad to see the high level of passion for Thamizh among expatriates such as yourselves. While all of you are contributing in your own way to preserving our literary heritage, I feel there should be a collective voice to address our Chief Minister Dr. M. Karunanidhi regarding the Classical Thamizh issue. Dr.M. Karunanidhi should prevail upon the Center to put Classical Thamizh on par with the other classical languages such as Sansrikt, Persian and Arabic. He should help fund Chairs for Thamizh as a Classical language for non-thamizhs in major universities in India. It could be non-credit, cafeteria course for part-timers. The NRI Tamils may help him in this regard. He should not interfere in drafting syllabii as well as appointments in any other way.

I am happy that I got to hear your voices and opinions. I wish The Forum Hub all the best and hope it grows further."
    (End Message)

We appreciate Dr.Parthasarathy's grace in taking the time to share his perspectives with us and to read our responses. We wish him well in all his future literary endeavors.

Thank you, i.pA.

Post Thanks / Like

Ramji (@ 205.*) on: Thu Aug 26 13:36:47

Great job Kanchana and the Hub managers! Looking forward to more such food for thought. How about going after other writers thinkers like JK?

Thanks Mr.Parthasarathy.

Post Thanks / Like

krishnakumar.s (@ 202.*) on: Sat Sep 11 11:07:19

hello, well its been really nice well at last i have found the right place in the net,its a good interview and many more should continue.kudos to kanchana and for parthasarathy.

Post Thanks / Like

Kalai (@ spid*) on: Fri Oct 8 06:58:35

Simply superb.Thanks for a nice discussion site.

Post Thanks / Like

Era.Murugan (@ 131.*) on: Mon Nov 1 10:25:15

Venkat,

I'm bit confused by what u've mentioned 'Samibathiya nerkaNal' with B.S.Ramiah. As for as I know, he passed away a decade back.

Era.Murugan

Post Thanks / Like

venkat (@ vect*) on: Mon Nov 1 19:10:21

murugan,

I meant "camIpaththiya" in the sense that it appeared in the current issue of that webzine. If I had put a comma after the qualifier, it would have saved the confusion.

Post Thanks / Like

Kanchana Dhamodharan (@ spid*) on: Wed Feb 16 09:41:42

±Øò¾¡Ç÷ *ó¾¢Ã¡ À¡÷ò¾º¡Ã¾¢ìÌ *ó¾¢Â *Ä츢 ŢÕиǢø ¯Â÷Å¡¸ì ¸Õ¾ôÀÎõ "ºÃŠÅ¾¢ ºõÁ¡ý" Å¢ÕÐ «Ç¢ì¸ôÀθ¢ÈÐ. *.À¡. ±Ø¾¢Â "*áÁ¡Ñƒ÷" ¿¡¼¸õ *ùÅ¢ÕÐ ¦ÀÈò §¾÷ó¦¾Îì¸ôÀð¼Ð. *ó¿¡¼¸õ *ó¾¢Â¢Öõ ¦Á¡Æ¢¦ÀÂ÷ì¸ôÀðÎûÇÐ. §ÁÖõ Å¢ÀÃí¸¨Ç "«õÀÄõ"
    ŨÄôÀò¾¢Ã¢¨¸Â¢ø ¸¡ñ¸.

http://www.minnambalam.com/

"*áÁ¡Ñƒ÷" ¿¡¼¸òÐ측¸ *.À¡. ±Ø¾¢Â ÓýۨâĢÕóÐ º¢Ä À̾¢¸û:

"º¡¾¢ §ÅÚÀ¡Î ¨Å¾¢¸ Á¾ò¾¢ý º¡À째Î. À¢ÈôÀ¢É¡ø ¯Â÷× ¾¡ú× ¸÷Á ÀÄɢɡø ²üÀθ¢ÈÐ ±ýÚ ÜȢ ºÁ¡¾¡Éõ «¨¾ Å¢¼ ´Õ ¦Àâ ¦¸¡Î¨Á. *áÁ¡Ñƒ÷ º¡¾¢ §ÅÚÀ¡Î¸¨Ç «Ê§Â¡Î ¿¢Ã¡¸Ã¢ò¾¡÷. º¡¾¢ §ÅÚÀ¡ð¨¼
    ´Æ¢ìÌõ Ũ¸Â¢ø «Å÷ ¨Å½Åõ «¨ÉÅÕìÌõ ¯Ã¢ò¾¡ÉÐ ±ýÚ «È¢Å¢ò¾¡÷. ºã¸ ŢǢõÀ¢Ä¢Õó¾ ÀïºÁ÷¸¨Ç ¨Å½Å÷¸Ç¡ì¸¢ «Å÷¸¨Çò "¾¢ÕìÌÄò§¾¡÷" ±ýÚ «¨Æò¾¡÷..............«È¢×ƒ£Å¢¸Ù츢¨¼§Â ÁðÎõ ÅÆí¸¢Â ºÁŠ¸¢Õ¾ò¾¢ø ¦¾öÅ ÅÆ¢À¡Î *Õó¾ ¿¢¨Ä¨Â Á¡üÈ¢, ¦ÀÕõÀ¡ý¨Á§Â¡Ã¡¸ *Õó¾ ±Ç¢Â Áì¸Ùõ ŽíÌžü§¸üȾ¡¸ò ¾Á¢¨Æ ¬ñ¼ÅÉ¢ý ¸ÕŨÈ¢ø «Ã¢Â¡ºÉõ
    ²üÈ¢ÂÅ÷ *áÁ¡Ñƒ÷. «¾É¡ø¾¡ý º¡¾¢ §ÅÚÀ¡ÊýÈ¢ «¨ÉÅÕõ ¨Å½Å Á¾ò¾¢ø §ºÃ ÓÊó¾Ð. ¦Àñ¸ÙìÌ ¬ñ¸ÙìÌ ¿¢¸Ã¡É ºÁ «ó¾ŠÐ «Ç¢òÐ «Å÷¸¨ÇÔõ º¢‰Â÷¸Ç¡¸ ²üÚì ¦¸¡ñ¼ ¨Å¾¢¸ ºÁÂò ¾¨ÄÅ÷¸Ç¢ø Ó¾øÅ÷ *áÁ¡Ñƒ÷. .......«ÅÃÐ ¦¸¡û¨¸¸û Áì¸Ç¢¨¼§Â ¦ºøÅ¡ìÌ ¦ÀüÈ¢Õó¾ ºÁÂò¾¨ÄÅ÷¸Ç¢ý ¦¸¡û¨¸¸ÙìÌ Óý¡¸ *Õó¾É. ºÁÂò¾¢ý º¼íÌ ¿¢Â¾¢¸¨ÇÔõ º¡¾¢ ²üÀ¡Î¸¨ÇÔõ *áÁ¡Ñƒ Á¾õ ¦¸ÎòРŢ¼ìÜΦÁýÈ «îºõ, ÁÃÒ º¡÷ó¾ ¨Å½Å÷¸û, ¨ºÅ÷¸û ¬¸¢Â
    *Õº¡Ã¡Õì̧Á *Õó¾¢Õì¸ §ÅñÎõ. ºÁÂô ¦ÀÕõÀ¡ý¨Á§Â¡¨Ã
    Å¢§Ã¡¾¢òÐì ¦¸¡ñÎ «Ãºý «Ãº¡Ç ÓÊ¡Р±ýÀÐõ ÅÃÄ¡üÚ ¯ñ¨Á......

*ó¿¡¼¸ò¾¢ý §¿¡ì¸õ, *áÁ¡Ñƒ÷ ¿ÁìÌî ºÁ¸¡Äò¾Å÷ ±ýÚ *¨¾ô ÀÊ츢ÈÅ÷¸û ¯½Ã §ÅñΦÁýÀо¡ý. ´ù¦Å¡Õ ¸¡Äò¾¢Öõ §ÅÚÀðÎî º¢ó¾¢ì¸¢ÈÅ÷¸û «¨ÉŨÃÔ§Á «Å÷¸¨Çô À¢ýÀüÚõ À¢ü¸¡Äò¾¢É÷ ¿¢ÚÅÉî º¢¨È¢ø âðÊ ¨ÅòРŢθ¢ýÈÉ÷. ¬¸§Å, «ì¸¡Äò¾¢Â ÒÃðº¢Â¡ÇḠ*Õó¾ *áÁ¡Ñƒ¨Ã «ó¾ ¿¢ÚÅÉî º¢¨È¢ĢÕóÐ Á£ðÎ ¿¡õ *ô§À¡Ð ÒâóÐ ¦¸¡ûÇ §ÅñΦÁýÀÐ ±ý ¸ÕòÐ. «§¾ ºÁÂò¾¢ø Á¡È¢ì ¦¸¡ñ§¼ ÅÕõ *측Äò¾¢Â ºÓ¾¡Â ¿Å£É Á¾¢ôÀ£Î¸¨Ç «Çק¸¡ø¸Ç¡¸ì ¦¸¡ñÎ *áÁ¡Ñƒ¨Ã ¿¡õ ±¨¼ §À¡¼ ÓÂøÅÐõ ¾ÅÚ. ¬É¡ø, *Ð ÁðÎõ ¯Ú¾¢Â¡¸ì ÜÈ ÓÊÔõ. «ýÚ Ó¾ø *ýÚ Å¨Ã ±ýÚõ ÅÃÄ¡üÚ ¿¡Â¸÷¸Ç¢ý ºÃ¢ò¾¢Ã Ó츢ÂòÐÅò¨¾ ¯Ú¾¢ ¦ºöÔõ
    Ðġ째¡ø ÁÉ¢¾¡À¢Á¡Éõ¾¡ý. ÁÉ¢¾¡À¢Á¡Éò¨¾ò ¾Å¢Ã º¢Èó¾ ºÁÂõ ±Ð×Á¢ø¨Ä."

*.À¡. ×ìÌ ¿õ ÁÉí¸É¢ó¾ Å¡úòÐì¸û.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast