Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Proper Diet..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Proper Diet..

Can somebody post some healthy,less calorie Indian Brakfast/Lunch/Dinner and the quantity which fits for a person who works by sitting in a cubicle always?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sridhar: Enna thidirnu health conscious?

Well for breakfast eat less oily stuff like idli or chappati, or even cereals, upma made of wheat germ (with plenty of veg added to it), and a glass of low fat milk (I heard that low fat milk is available in India), brown bread sandwich with tomato, cucumber, etc... and you can have a fruit couple of hours after your breakfast!

Avoid sugary stuff!

For lunch a bowl of rice and a gravy (dal, sambar, etc) and plenty of veg... (avoid coconut if possible and use as less oil/ghee/butter as possible) and some yoghurt.

In the evening eat boiled payaru vagaigaL if possible... as a snack instead of munching on crisps, muruku, etc

For dinner, chappati and plenty of veg, you can also add a fruit.

Add salads wherever possible, even as a snack.

Drink plenty of water as well

I might be wrong here, Dev, please come to the rescue and correct me where I am wrong!

Sridhar: I do know that we s/w engineers do not get much exercise, but even sitting at your desk, you can move around your legs, get up and go for a glass of water every now and then, etc...
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Arthi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read in a Magazine that having fresh vegetable(salad) at night is not good for health.

Can Anou/Dev clarify this?
    Sarva dharman parithyajya mamekam sharanam vraja, aham thva sarvapapebhyo mokshayishyami ma suchaha

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure about this Arthi... I do have salads with dinner but then I have my dinner at 7:30 and don't go to bed for atleast another couple of hours....
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anu,
    You made my day ..Thanks a lot..Will try and tell you the result

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gen rule: less rice(or other carb rich food), moderate qty of dhals & more of vegs & fruits... try to avoid oily/ deepfried & too spicy stuffs... These days I'm also trying to aviod heavily processed food stuffs... Drink lots of water... drink milk or have curds regularly... If u r a meat eater U can have chicken & fish provided the fat& skin is taken off... red meat is to be avoided...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like
    Dev now tell me what can be done if my mom is against these diet?? Whenever i try to avoid heavy stuff she keep on saying "Valarura vayasu" and add me more food in my daily stuffs .. Idhukku mela enna valaruradhu

And Dev is it advisable to have salad (Fresh Vegetables) in night?

Post Thanks / Like
    One more Q ... After taking food, a glass of warm water burns the fat?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Sridhar
    Dev now tell me what can be done if my mom is against these diet?? Whenever i try to avoid heavy stuff she keep on saying "Valarura vayasu" and add me more food in my daily stuffs .. Idhukku mela enna valaruradhu

And Dev is it advisable to have salad (Fresh Vegetables) in night?
    Hmmm... I went on a strike when my mom didn't cook to my style...ie, low fat, no coconut(she used to add coconut in anything & everything) diet... Now, she preapres to my liking when I'm at home & if not, i guess it's the same old style of cooking...

I do eat salads at night... I don't think it's a problem... but I eat dinner very early... What's the reason they give for it, Sridhar?... Why should it be avoided at night?...

Warm water after a meal is said to aid digestion... It just makes U feel comfortable... that's all it can do...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like
    Dev,
    Good improvement today! My mom cooked me some delicious low-calorie food and promised me that she will continue it
    Regarding salad,My mom said that it wont get digest that much soon.

Anu&Dev,
    One more doubt! Is it okay if we eat some Marie Gold kind'a of biscuits?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast