Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Contribution of non-thamizh writers to thamizh Lit.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

jeevamani (@ 202.*) on: Fri Jul 20 06:35:42

¦ƒÂ¸¡ó¾É¢ý ÀÄ À¨¼ôÒ¸¨Ç Á¨Ç¡Çò¾¢üÌ º¢.².À¡Äý ¦Á¡Æ¢¦ÀÂ÷ò¾¢Õ츢ȡ÷.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

jeevamani (@ 202.*) on: Fri Jul 20 06:41:44

º¢.².À¡Äý ¾¸Æ¢Â¢ý '¸Â¢Ú' ¿¡Å¨Ä ¾Á¢ØìÌ ¦Á¡Æ¢¦ÀÂ÷òÐûÇ¡÷ *ýÛõ ¦ÅÇ¢ÅÃÅ¢ø¨Ä. º¡¸¢ò¾¢Â «ì¸¡¦¾Á¢ ¦ÅǢ¢¼ ¯ûÇÐ. ÌȢﺢ §ÅÄý *ô À½¢¨Â ¦¾¡¼÷¸¢È¡÷.

Post Thanks / Like

eraMurukan (@ dial*) on: Sun Aug 5 22:18:03

Thiru Narasiah's book 'KadalOdi' - autobiography of a seafarer of the 20th century - is being translated into Kannada. This is a milestone book in Tamil ('Vasakar Vattam' publication).

Mr.Narasiah, pl arrange for a republication of KadalOdi also.

Rgds

Post Thanks / Like

Vishvesh Obla (@ alb-*) on: Sat Aug 11 14:18:39

I was glancing at this thread a few days before at my office and was struck by your reference to the song ±›è À‘€Ò —ׯ€¥Æ‘ò . Certain songs have the ability to haunt your mind forever even when they have ceased to remain in one's active memory. All they need is a small spark to be revived. I must have heard this song long before (maybe when Ceylon Radio station was popular for its tamil songs broadcast). After reading your passing reference to this song, the tune came flooding to my mind, indistinct though. I could remember Jesudas's early voice which was much refreshing by its youth and energy and also the chorus (which, if I am right, is sung twice the speed of the leisurely 3/4 time the tune was set to). I could vividly remember the flow of his voice in the gradual fade of the last line °‘Ë ×‘Þ ‘þ×Í . The first thing I did after coming home in the evening was to try the song in my musical keyboard and Man, what a tune it really was ! Salil Choudhury has composed some unforgettable tunes (who can forget his tunes like —î¤Ö ƒª¥ þ‘Ò—ÀÖÒ‘Å Þ×±Ö€Ò, ¾×¯«Å... ? ), and it was so pleasant to hear it in a keyboard even without the voice of Jesudas and the lyric from Ò¿º±‘ÌÅ (this is news to me). I spoke to a few of my music friends about it, but none seemed to know it or have heard it ! I uploaded the keyboard tune for them in the web and if you are interested, you could hear it at

http://www.angelfire.com/vi/vishvesh/ThingazhMaalai.ram

Is there any site which has this song ? Even the name of the movie (thanks to your info) from which this song appears, is unknown to any of my friends.

PS : If this is a diversion from the subject matter of this thread, only Era.Murugan should held responsible for it !!! This thread has earlier been hijacked by Venkat because of Murugan's reference to this wonderful song, and I don't have any qualms in doing the same again...

Post Thanks / Like

V (@ alb-*) on: Sat Aug 11 14:20:13

The above post was addressed to Era Murugan

Post Thanks / Like

eramu (@ dial*) on: Sat Aug 11 20:48:49

Thnx Visvesh. That was a nice gesture and u've also played it well. 'Karumbu' was to be a path breaking movie in Tamil - scripted by ThijA, directed by Ramu Kariat (after his legendary 'ChemmEn'), music composed by Salil Chaudhry and filmed by Marcus Bartley. As luck would have it, We only have faint memories of it like this song...even the script (in its handwritten form) is lost.

Thnx Sivakumar for JK's page with the songs. 'Puduhu Cheruppu' is a classic which also never had a commercial screening.

Post Thanks / Like

Vishvesh Obla (@ 63.6*) on: Thu Aug 23 10:09:39

±Ï Ãύò,

ŠÏ þׯ¨þ‘è. ƒ› ƒÆ›Å ŠÏ ב—î‘Ó ¶€ÒÆ´±Ö, °Áâ ¶â¢æ™ þµÌÅ —‘¨´³èã‘эè. ƒòïâ¢ÇÖ Ã¦¹° ×€Ì ƒ€œ ¶â¢è ƒÆíìÀ‘ì ‡ò€î º¬´³èã‘эè. œ‘ø±ÍÆ ƒ€œ€Æ °ØÌ µÖÒ °ÁÞÖ ƒÆí鿺ª¥ Ò º€ÝÆ º‘¥Ö€ãÉÅ (—×ìÀþî œ´°Å þº‘¨Å °Á⠝ïÀ‘¿ º‘¥Öè òì) º‘¨×°‘ Ã¦Ú —œË³èþã‘Å. µ‘Å ƒ°í Ãò½ Øב±´° "ÏŽ" º¥¿º‘¥Ö Ò¿º±‘Ì ×͍€ã —‘¯¨ ƒÆí鿺ª¥°‘ ÿ›è ˜êƳ ‡ò ¶€îØí ×¹°³. ƒ¿º‘¥Óò tune ‡ò Àî±Ö ƒòîÃÅ µò鑍 º±¹³èã°‘Ö ƒ€°þÆ ŠÏ Ã€é º‘¥Ò‘þÀ ‡òì þ°‘òêƳ. …›ä¥Å Ò¿º±‘ÌÅ text ƒÏ¹°‘Ö ƒ¿º‘¥Óò ×͍€ã ƒ› ƒ¨À‘ì þª¨™—‘èŽþéò.

PS : Is there any tecnique in Inaimathi to get the two small 'na' correctly? I need to type the same way for both and the Font sets them as it wishes !!!

Post Thanks / Like

eraMurukan (@ dial*) on: Thu Aug 23 12:33:11

º¢ÄõÒ ±ýÉ¢¼ÓÁ¢ø¨Ä ¿ñÀ§Ã. ¦ÀâÂÅ÷ ¦ƒÂÀ¡Ã¾¢, ¸Å¢»÷ «Ã¢¸¢Õ‰½ý ¬¸¢§Â¡¨Ãì §¸ðÎô À¡÷ì¸Ä¡õ.

Post Thanks / Like

eraMurukan (@ dial*) on: Fri Aug 24 20:37:04

¾¢Õ Å¢‰§Å‰,

ÁШÃò ¾¢ð¼òÐìÌ (www.tamil.net.projectmadurai) ¯í¸¨Çî Íð¼Ä¡õ ±ýÚ ¿¢¨Éò§¾ý. «í§¸ º¢ÄõÒ ÓØÅÐõ ¯ñÎ ±ýÚ ¿ñÀ÷ «Ã¢ ¦º¡ýÉ¡÷.ÁШÃò ¾¢ð¼õ ŨÄò¾Çò¾¢ø ѨÆ ÓÊÂÅ¢ø¨Ä.

Å¡ºý, 'º¢Èó¾ ¾Á¢ú ŨÄò¾Çí¸û' ±ýÈÅ¢¨Æ¢ø ±Ø¾¢Â ¸¡Ã½õ ¾¡§É¡?

Post Thanks / Like

Vishvesh Obla (@ alb-*) on: Fri Aug 24 22:04:08

±Ï Ãύò,
    …›è ÃÆ흙 ÁÚÅ µòê. µ‘ñÅ ÃÆòì º‘Ñ™Žþéò. ¹° º‘¥€ÒÉÅ µ¯ºÑä¥Å þª¨èþãò. íé‘Ò éפÇò À€Ò×ã ×͍€ãÉÅ ‡›þñÅ ‘« ƒÆÕÀ‘? 8 ×͍è Àª¨þÀ ‡ò Àî±Ö …èã³. '—œ¹°Áâ µ‘—¥ñÅ þº‘±ïþÒ' ‡òì ÅÁÇÖ,ŠÏ chorus º‘ª¦€î þº‘Ö (ˆÝ‘׳ Àï°ò ±€Ì¿º¥ º‘¥Ö ‡òì š‘ºÅ) M.B.žïבø º‘¬ÇÖ ƒ°€îÉÅ ƒÆíéÒ‘Å ‡òì ŠÏ ‡¯«Å...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast